• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I looooved Division, they got me hooked during the last free weekend for it. I was playing it a lot during December and January so I was really into the immersion of running around cold snowy city streets. I basically went into it for third person shooter Diablo and got just that, but more than that the game was just absolutely gorgeous. I just had to stop and soak in the sights every now and then.

The game was just so dense with art and details, I just loved walking around from place to place. Unfortunately I didn't play too much Dark Zone stuff, but what little I did was one of the most unique experiences I've had in a loot game.
Is the single player stuff any good? I want to play it for the setting, do you think it's worth it just for the main missions?

Is the single player stuff any good? I want to play it for the setting, do you think it's worth it just for the main missions?
I played 99% of it solo. So from my experience, I think so. Try out the free weekend and see how you feel about it. Just keep in mind what the game is at its core: Going around pretty environments while shootin' dudes with health bars while numbers pop out of them, looting in-between that.

Caffeine

I'm looking for a copy of Prey 2006 for Steam and I'm having a hard time finding one. G2A has a few but it's G2A...

if its a game thats delisted, old, and cheap I say go for it ? but yeah ur playing russian roullete sometimes with g2a. always support the devs if you can.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I played 99% of it solo. So from my experience, I think so. Try out the free weekend and see how you feel about it. Just keep in mind what the game is at its core: Going around pretty environments while shootin' dudes with health bars while numbers pop out of them, looting in-between that.
Good to hear, thanks! I tried it at a friend's once, and it seemed interesting enough. If the story is worth playing, I'll probably grab it now.

https://www.play-asia.com/prey-steam/13/70ahfh

I don't know their overall rep but they've been good to me

Worked for me! Man, I haven't played this since it came out. I remember playing the demo on an old PC Gamer disc.

Although now I have this problem:
eC4Czci.png

Arthea

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd
Owners: 4,664 ± 2,532

(._.)
and it's not on the topseller list anymore

Aaron D.

The sausage tower in SSR feels like a huge difficulty spike. It's overwhelming to have to deal with so many sausages and a couple of new mechanics all at once.

Yeah, sausage tower made me want to cry when I first laid eyes on it.

Once you discover the trick though it's not too tough. I.E the same pattern is applied to all bridges.

Tonton

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd
Owners: 4,664 ± 2,532

(._.)
and it's not on the topseller list anymore
Numbers aren't reliable at all yet
I actually think it stayed in the top sellers for longer than SC too

Like those numbers are Xanadu level, it wouldn't have reached the top sellers if it sold that

Aaron D.

I'm currently a dozen or so hours into my first run through Trails FC, so I'll likely put my +1 dent into 3rd...oh sometime in the next couple years. :p

Anteater

yea playasia can be a bit clunky with the payment system, and since they're based on asia they can't fix it right away when it's night time over there, I got my prey there too but someone I recommended it to took a few hours to have his problem resolved

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Turing Test -- MB-675FCA74D52C4311 - Taken by kurahador. 30 entrants total.
Undertale -- MB-3748ADAC74BA8F59 - Taken by kionedrik. 13 entrants total.

t1494099214z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
try to install them both at once :p

You actually can. Their respective exes are in different locations and there are no common filenames (aside from Prey.exe) or folder structure, so they don't interfere with one another.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Turing Test is good, from my GOTY 2016 vote

5. The Turing Test ; PC/Steam and consoles, $20. The Turing Test is a puzzle adventure game in the same genre as Talos Principle, Portal, QUBE, The Ball, and many others. It is set up as a series of puzzle rooms, during which you hear a conversation between your character, Ava Turing, an astronaut investigating radio silence on a base on Europa, and Tom, an AI helper. The puzzles are on the easy side but the main mechanic is intuitive and enjoyable. Where the game shines is the periodic breaks to go through living quarters, science labs, and command centers, learning about the personalities of the other astronauts and what happened. Although Turing Test is never willing to fully engage with its key questions--about the nature of humanity and free will, as you might guess from the title--the surface level conversations we get here are still intriguing and thought provoking. I hope the developer can build on The Turing Test and explore more of this territory in the future.

I feel like Steam should have some failsafe preventing the Prey/Prey situation. In fact, I assumed all storefront clients do...
I'm surprised they didn't.

In other news, I re-ordered the game on Play-Asia with a different payment method through PayPal and it worked. Apparently the first one just isn't going to go through?

I can't do textless, I love typography and I'd have to do it for my whole library. Too much work.

I forgot about the icons, I'll probably do that.

Just finished Telltale Batman, and I enjoyed it overall (thought the original villain worked surprisingly well), but holy fuck is the game horribly optimized. First TTG game I've played that couldn't maintain 60fps (not even close), and my laptop runs just as hot while running it as it does in much more graphically intensive 3D games.

Also, Darksiders III announcement inspired me to give the original game another shot, and it's fun, but Christ do the first few hours drag. What feels like a dozen gated kill rooms and a shitty Panzer Dragoon knockoff before you can even get to the first proper dungeon... seriously?

madjoki

cyba89

So will this work if I'm in Europe? It says region free but you got an error?

I'm in europe and the Prey (2006) purchase went through fine (Paypal) and I got the key instantly.
I don't think it's a region issue because then it would show a different error in steam.

Messaged the play-asia support but they don't work on the weekend.

Also, Darksiders III announcement inspired me to give the original game another shot, and it's fun, but Christ do the first few hours drag. What feels like a dozen gated kill rooms and a shitty Panzer Dragoon knockoff before you can even get to the first proper dungeon... seriously?

True. Took me a few attempts to really get into the game but when you get to the dungeons it gets good.
I really started to question people calling it a Zelda-like game because all I knew about this game where the first few hours where it's just a game with an unappealing art-style that is nothing like Zelda

Has there been any reviews for Playgrounds yet? I don't follow the NBA but I always loved NBA Jam, even the EA one from a few years ago. I'm very interested if it can capture the fun of the originals.

Pachimari

I'm in europe and the Prey (2006) purchase went through fine (Paypal) and I got the key instantly.
I don't think it's a region issue because then it would show a different error in steam.

Messaged the play-asia support but they don't work on the weekend.

True. Took me a few attempts to really get into the game but when you get to the dungeons it gets good.
I really started to question people calling it a Zelda-like game because all I knew about this game where the first few hours where it's just a game with an unappealing art-style that is nothing like Zelda
Oh, i meant Mortal Kombat Kollektion. I bought it myself anyway and it works.

Prey, I already own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom