• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Here is a cool website which was suggested to me by Tomasety: SteamNext.

It allows to sort one's library by release date. Much appreciated.

Here is a cool website which was suggested to me by Tomasety: SteamNext.

It allows to sort one's library by release date. Much appreciated.
Nice, but too bad it's sorting only by release date in Steam and not real release date, not useful when you looking for <2007 games.

Teeth

Ænima is the third best Tool album.
Lateralus > 10,000 Days > Ænima > Undertow

Where do you rank Opiate?

I'm not sure how I would rank their albums overall. I like Lateralus, but it almost completely lacked the sense of humour that permeated their earlier work. The biggest knock against 10,000 days for me was just the overall lack of songs and the songs that are there are drawn out to nearly breaking.

Honestly, Aenima might be my favourite album of theirs. It has the humour, intelligence, songwriting, riffs and variety that I expect in a Tool album.

Corpekata

Banned
Tiny Barbarian is an episodic game, so the price bump likely means a new episode is about to release. They are doing the Shovel Knight method of updating current owners with the future content for free and increasing the MSRP over time.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Where do you rank Opiate?

I'm not sure how I would rank their albums overall. I like Lateralus, but it almost completely lacked the sense of humour that permeated their earlier work. The biggest knock against 10,000 days for me was just the overall lack of songs and the songs that are there are drawn out to nearly breaking.

Honestly, Aenima might be my favourite album of theirs. It has the humour, intelligence, songwriting, riffs and variety that I expect in a Tool album.

Because they grew up. Bill Hicks was right on that Alex Jones ride to a tin foil hat project of nutters. Tool were on the cynical rejection of 80s excess and overproduction train, along with grunge and even RATM (with their debut album being the most overproduced).

Maynard's humor continues in the juvenile and absurdist comedy of Puscifer, rather than the same old Timothy Leary rehash of his earlier humor.

Rosetta Stoned is basically a rejection of both fans being sycophantic and his absurd comedy.

Tizoc

Que le que?
v3vYBFU.png

Seems the banners are borked as the game is no longer sold on Humble

Mivey

Seems the banners are borked as the game is no longer sold on Humble
Maybe you accidentally traveled back in time. I've heard rumors that happens occasionally if your connection speed is so low, that it actually gets negative.

It's the middle of the night here in the US and I'm sitting here awake. Have some games!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Spiritreaver:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spiritreaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hacknet -- MB-2A562C7C2508C23D - Taken by Servizio. 3 entrants total.
Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings -- MB-D84DDF19791AB4B2 - Taken by Sarcasm. 4 entrants total.
They Bleed Pixels -- MB-58FEE52199E281F1 - Taken by PaulSane. 1 entrants total.

t1494074020z1.png

Teeth

Bill Hicks was right on that Alex Jones ride to a tin foil hat project of nutters.

I have no idea what this sentence means.

Maynard's humor continues in the juvenile and absurdist comedy of Puscifer, rather than the same old Timothy Leary rehash of his earlier humor.

Puscifer's humour is mostly just...lame? I guess it just seems to lack much of the intelligence (EDIT--"clever" is probably more the right word than "intelligent") that the Tool stuff often had, even when it was being incredibly broad. It doesn't help that the songwriting in Puscifer is really hit or miss.

Rosetta Stoned is basically a rejection of both fans being sycophantic and his absurd comedy.

I really don't read that into that song at all. It seems a mostly on-its-face send up of how people who've had alien abductions/close encounters always seem to be redneck mouthbreathers and/or conspiracy theorists. But maybe i'm missing some big metaphor or something.

Finally got all the main endings in Nier Automata.
Fantastic game. If I had to choose I'd still go with the first Nier as the overall better package though. Story and characters were more memorable and the world was populated with lots of interesting NPCs making it a lot more interesting to explore.
Music is in a league of its own in both games and the VA is fantastic across the board.
Both games are standouts in their respective generations for me.

Now lets continue with Tits 3rd and Persona 5. What a year for gaming.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Death by Game Show -- MB-D44FF5BF6AFC0488 - Taken by madjoki
Detective Noir #1 -- MB-EF391FFE7A401A5A - Taken by Ludens
Detective Noir #2 -- MB-A09F1B5C9D672B35 - Taken by Vuze
Guardians of Ember + in-game item (in-game key) -- MB-24C5D6613F3AE963 - Taken by rainking187
Jack's Gang -- MB-CA55059D8B1B53C4 - Taken by nightstorm
LaserCat -- MB-AADC38F3219A6EB1 - Taken by InquisitorAles
Narborion Saga -- MB-38971AB322871CDB - Taken by Catshade
Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 -- MB-14E1CFC72724EA91 - Taken by voodooray

Ludens

Banned
I have a strange issue with Idlemaster, when I try to idle The Turing Test or This is the police (dunno what is the game causing issue), Idlemaster stops working.

I have a strange issue with Idlemaster, when I try to idle The Turing Test or This is the police (dunno what is the game causing issue), Idlemaster stops working.

Didnt have that issue personally. Idled without any problems.

You could play Turing Test though. Its kinda fun, but also really easy.

Ludens

Banned
Didnt have that issue personally.

It happens everytime I start Turing Test, with other games Idlemaster is fine :S
I tried to delete appdata folder but it didn't work.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beast Blaster Plus Cyborg Detonator Plus Zombie Boom -- MB-C5665DFDE1FF98BF - Taken by Valahart. 1 entrants total.
Freebie -- MB-81775315B5492A25 - Taken by kinezu. 1 entrants total.
Galactic Civilization Ultimate Edition -- MB-C77872EEF9056AC5 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
GooCubelets Plus GooCubelets 2 Plus GooCubelets: The Algoorithm -- MB-DD64202582F8D342 - Taken by celsowmbr. 1 entrants total.
Iesebel -- MB-37734ABF74C5C8D0
Masked Shooters 2 -- MB-D1E271B1698B0DCE - Taken by zkylon
Overlord -- MB-1965497CC32F72C0 - Taken by Alastor. 5 entrants total.
Rage Parking Simulator 2016 -- MB-D88BDA2BD02C876C - Taken by MaxiLive. 1 entrants total.
Shiplord -- MB-32592C572B81B775 - Taken by Camel Master. 1 entrants total.
The Janitor -- MB-98DB14AE69085982 - Taken by Ventilaator. 1 entrants total.
The Last Hope -- MB-265F6F3A65AE40A1 - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Saints Row 2 GOG -- MB-4A4675447249D93C - Taken by danhese007. 1 entrants total.

t1494077294z1.png

fantomena

The Division is one of the most boring games Ive played in years. First I installed the free weekend, then in the menus I started remembering how much fun I had during the last free weekend it had and quickly uninstalled.

It's not just boring, I feel everything about it is mediocre. So glad I never bought into the launch hype.

The Division is one of the most boring games Ive played in years. First I installed the free weekend, then in the menus I started remembering how much fun I had during the last free weekend it had and quickly uninstalled.

It's not just boring, I feel everything about it is mediocre. So glad I never bought into the launch hype.

I think its "Destiny" imbedded into an Ubisoft collectathon. The worthwhile stuff are the main missions, because they actually feel designed. The sidestuff kinda feels mostly like "copy-paste" Ubisoft stuff.

I heard that Dark Zone was good, but every time I tried to check it out I was immediately killed by other players...

fantomena

I think its "Destiny" imbedded into an Ubisoft collectathon. The worthwhile stuff are the main missions, because they actually feel designed. The sidestuff kinda feels mostly like "copy-paste" Ubisoft stuff.

I heard that Dark Zone was good, but every time I tried to check it out I was immediately killed by other players...

Well I found Destiny to also be very boring, not as boring as The Division, but still very boring, even after aquiring the collection edition. At least Destiny wasn't mediocre in exception of story and story missions. The weapons are cool, the sounds are good, design is good and overall it's a good game from what I can see, but I still found it to be pretty boring.

Which is why I really don't care about Destiny 2. I guess games like The Division and Destiny simply aren't for me the same way MOBAs and MMOs aren't for me.

I looooved Division, they got me hooked during the last free weekend for it. I was playing it a lot during December and January so I was really into the immersion of running around cold snowy city streets. I basically went into it for third person shooter Diablo and got just that, but more than that the game was just absolutely gorgeous. I just had to stop and soak in the sights every now and then.

The game was just so dense with art and details, I just loved walking around from place to place. Unfortunately I didn't play too much Dark Zone stuff, but what little I did was one of the most unique experiences I've had in a loot game.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ludens, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Beast Blaster Plus Cyborg Detonator Plus Zombie Boom -- MB-C5665DFDE1FF98BF - Taken by Valahart. 1 entrants total.
Freebie -- MB-81775315B5492A25 - Taken by kinezu. 1 entrants total.
Galactic Civilization Ultimate Edition -- MB-C77872EEF9056AC5 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
GooCubelets Plus GooCubelets 2 Plus GooCubelets: The Algoorithm -- MB-DD64202582F8D342 - Taken by celsowmbr. 1 entrants total.
Iesebel -- MB-37734ABF74C5C8D0
Masked Shooters 2 -- MB-D1E271B1698B0DCE - Taken by zkylon
Overlord -- MB-1965497CC32F72C0 - Taken by Alastor. 5 entrants total.
Rage Parking Simulator 2016 -- MB-D88BDA2BD02C876C - Taken by MaxiLive. 1 entrants total.
Shiplord -- MB-32592C572B81B775 - Taken by Camel Master. 1 entrants total.
The Janitor -- MB-98DB14AE69085982 - Taken by Ventilaator. 1 entrants total.
The Last Hope -- MB-265F6F3A65AE40A1 - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Saints Row 2 GOG -- MB-4A4675447249D93C - Taken by danhese007. 1 entrants total.

t1494077294z1.png

Javier23

Banned
I played one of the free weekends for the Division and found it unbelievably boring and repetitive, but man, was it gorgeous. Very realistic looking, incredibly atmospheric. What wouldn't I give for it to be more of a S.T.A.L.K.E.R type of game. I'm still interested to get it eventually just so I can walk around in it a bit more before uninstalling it disgusted at the potential thrown away.

JaseC

Is there really no way to get to the top 100 stats page on the Steam app? Or am I just blind?

If you go to Store -> Steam News, search for "New Software Survey" and open the second post, there'll be a link to the page towards the end.

Tizoc

Don't even question Capcom's porting/platform choices on their games. They have no fuckin clue what they're doing. So much money left on the table is all I'll say when it comes to their current and back catalog.

You can say this about any dev that has a large backlog as Capcom.
You don't just rush the market with re-releases all in one go, they need to have breaks between them so that a single project that gets released can sell well enough to cover for its costs. Consider also that there might be licensing involved for a few titles.
Like Onimusha has at least 2 characters based on real life actors; how do you handle that while aiming to having each game be sold between $20-$30 each?

Now if I were to ask you to name a list of compilations AND titles you'd like to see on Steam from Capcom, you'd only give me, at best, a dozen, but Capcom, for one, has MANY more games that are worth preserving legally via Steam. You can't be selective of what can and can't be ported by them.

One more thing to keep in mind is that they may not have that many staff to work on their main projects (new titles) as well as work on porting or re-releasing games from their backlog catalog, and if Capcom were to fill in the period between their games with their older titles, what incentive would the average consumer have to get their newest $60 priced game when they could just get any of their cheaper $20-30 titles instead? You'll even see GAFfers complain that they're releasing more of their older catalog than make new games for one thing :V

All in all though...I honestly don't concern myself with it much; once it releases, I'll get it, until then I'll work on my backlog, cuz Crom knows I ought to play the Resident Evil series already.

Anno

If you go to Store -> Steam News, search for "New Software Survey" and open the second post, there'll be a link to the page towards the end.

Well at least I'm not blind. It's not much faster than what you listed but I've been going to Steam News, limiting it to the Steam Blog, selecting the new post about support stats and getting in that way. Still a pain in the ass.

When's the next big Steam sale? Summer?

Was there even a Spring sale last month?

All I remember is the Anime sale. There was at least a Spring sale on PSN.

JaseC

Well at least I'm not blind. It's not much faster than what you listed but I've been going to Steam News, limiting it to the Steam Blog, selecting the new post about support stats and getting in that way. Still a pain in the ass.

Ah, I failed to notice that post in my search results. I see now it's sandwiched between some external links.

When's the next big Steam sale? Summer?

Yes. It should kick off lateish June/earlyish July.

Was there even a Spring sale last month?

There is no Spring Sale. There was an Indie Spring Sale in 2013, though.

Tizoc

Quick question: Do Card prices for Steam games, let's say games where the average price of a Steam card is 3-5 cents, increase prior to a Steam sale?

I'm still not sure whether or not I regret buying this game with card money considering how often it's been free or given away.

Technically you got it for free :V

The sausage tower in SSR feels like a huge difficulty spike. It's overwhelming to have to deal with so many sausages and a couple of new mechanics all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom