• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stall19

Holy shit! They fixed Forza Horizon! Booted it up after reading the praise for the new patch in the performance thread and yeah it's well deserved. I'm actually getting over 60fps on the tram station where before the patch it went as low as upper 30's for me on my 980ti.

Arminsc

The thing about spoilers is that the person trying to avoid it has no context for what is and isn't significant. So something that you know is trivial in the grand scheme of things might not feel that way to someone who cannot know it's importance in any way.

Spoilers are a difficult thing to deal with because you never how long you're supposed to hold back information and how someone might react to it. I suppose in this case you could explain to them that every ending outside the main five is just a glorified game over screen instead of being relevant to the narrative. And maybe consider apologizing anyway because you obviously didn't mean to harm their experience so... tell them that, and then explain to them why what you told them won't.

Yeah, I completely agree. I was late to realize that the context for telling something like that is important. I know that for me it's just a small thing like an easter egg, but for someone that knows little about the game, telling them one of the endings may seem like a bigger deal than it actually is.

prudislav

Seems like there are still some interesting titles in greenlight

Ash of Gods: Redemption https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEFcGABNBvE
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=919074990
Ash of Gods is a mix between a roguelike role-playing visual novel and an online turn-based strategy game. It has been heavily inspired by The Banner Saga series, Japanese visual novel games, and the spirit of The Darkest Dungeon.

The game is being developed with Unity and will be available on PC in 2017.

Samsara: Lost Soul https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaIDbLSxC24
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=917745368
Samsara: Lost Soul is a 2D ARPG based on oriental myths of hell which is where every soul ends up to after death. In oriental religious believes, people are born without sin. When someone sinful dies, he is punished by being sent to the Red Lotus hell where eternal fire burns and souls suffer forever. On the contrary, innocent people will spend some time in the Blue Lotus hell waiting for reincarnation. Our main character, Bai, is certainly in the Red Lotus hell. But all that he can recall is being murdered while his father and daughter are waiting for him to come back home...

Our ingenious artist, inspired by Chinese opera art of Shadow Play, has designed the characters and scenes in this unique style. We wish to present Chinese culture from the aspect of myths, ideology, and arts in this game in which we dedicated enormous time and effort.

Our animation designer and developers has created a complete set of weapon system where you can collect powerful weapons, upgrade them with the souls you collected, and choose the suitable ones in various battles. In certain scenarios, a suitable weapon will make a strong foe fairly easy.

The enemies you will encounter are designed with innovative mechanisms. To defeat them, you need skill, patience and even some imagination. We wish to produce a game which you enjoy. We also wish to use this game as a means to present oriental culture so as to eliminate prejudice between the East and the West.

Annubis

When you're in a big battle and Blackout/Gae Bolg triggers early on and wipes out all the enemy unions (except the boss).

d96.jpg

So good. Just happened to me at Koenigsdorf and made the boss fight so much easier.

Yeah, there's one map where you start at one end and the enemies are at the complete opposite.
We're talking multiple turns of walking before each side reach the other... but there's like 2 unions pretty close to you at the start.
Triggering Blackout on that map was the best.

I'm gonna make a LTTP thread when I'm finished with it, because I have a lot to say about TLR. I like the game but I don't blame anyone for dropping it. There are some serious game design flaws that really hold it back from reaching its potential.

It had so much potential though =(

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Californium -- MB-945B783FD54A3617 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 2 entrants total.
Dead in Bermuda -- MB-33D91F8B71792DEC - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
No Time To Explain Remastered -- MB-BBCB79653769FCD9
Party Hard -- MB-A92219020B380724 - Taken by sadblob. 3 entrants total.
Punch Club Deluxe -- MB-53BA90C691E0F64F - Taken by someguyinahat. 2 entrants total.

Road to Ballhalla -- MB-D6E4A5CE6994E735 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 2 entrants total.
Soulless: Ray of Hope -- MB-5B35F01EC03BEBBC - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-A9CA53E437AEE61E - Taken by longlivegaming. 2 entrants total.
The Final Station -- MB-45BF6E28B44A3CF9 - Taken by deejay. 11 entrants total.
The Silent Age -- MB-B455D0860D80E6AE - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.

t1494368250z1.png

Haven't given out games in a while so... enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for PetriP-TNT:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

No Time To Explain Remastered -- MB-6FF13DC3ABFEAAE1
Samorost 2 -- MB-1B7230B35B89CF59 - Taken by eyeless
Speedrunners -- MB-1FA702A20CEC8A79 - Taken by Madventure
UnderRail -- MB-27E28BDB251F0521 - Taken by Vamphuntr

Reminder that I have a script that makes this lots easier too: https://github.com/petetnt/neogaf-monkeybot

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Platy

How is Odallus?

I want to start it soon but don't have a controller for my PC, is it workable on kb/m?

How hard is it?

It is the best NES Castlevania you never played

How much kb experience you have with nes games ? =P

It is easier than the NES games, but it is not EASY

oni-link

It is the best NES Castlevania you never played

How much kb experience you have with nes games ? =P

It is easier than the NES games, but it is not EASY

Not much, and I'd much rather play with a pad but as I don't have one I'll probably have to go with kb/m and see how I do

madjoki

I installed it but it doesn't appear to be working. Maybe it takes a while? Or I have too many games? Could it also be because I'm using NeoGAF Live Thread?

Should work with live thread too. I submitted patch for that while ago.
Although it seems to die randomly, but refresh fixes that.

Tonton

I'm never, ever entering another Moon Door in Trails 3 when I plan on sleeping soon.

It's those times I wish TitS actually was a VN and it let me save in the middle of cutscenes
Most other Moon Doors have playable segments that help stuff at least

Yeah, there's one map where you start at one end and the enemies are at the complete opposite.
We're talking multiple turns of walking before each side reach the other... but there's like 2 unions pretty close to you at the start.
Triggering Blackout on that map was the best.

It had so much potential though =(

Koenigsdorf is similar to the map you described. I started off attacking a couple closer enemy unions, after which I triggered Gae Bolg and wiped the whole field out. Then I started attacking the boss, but enemy reinforcements arrived; however, I triggered Blackout and Animalcule the very next turn(!), and wiped them out too. It was so awesome. I surely used up all my good RNG luck in that fight.

It really does have a ton of potential. With a few different/better game design choices (and better performance on the original 360 version), TLR could have been a classic.

$900 for a 1/3rd scale Chun-Li statue? That can't be right, that's far too much..

PCS-Chun-Li-SFV-Statue.jpg

Well, I guess I can go without eating for the next few months.

Umm. Is... is she going commando in that outfit?

Edit: Nevermind, I enlarged the picture and saw the black leotard thing.

I installed it but it doesn't appear to be working. Maybe it takes a while? Or I have too many games? Could it also be because I'm using NeoGAF Live Thread?

Might be a Live Thread thing. It should work immediately. Check your developer tools (F12 on Windows, opt+J on mac) to see if there's any errors on the console regarding that. If there are, can you send them to me via PM :)

MattyG

Banned
I posted this in the New PC thread but I figured I might get a response here quicker; I'm about to upgrade to Windows 10 (late to the party, I know), but I have Windows 7 installed on my HDD. I wanted to put 10 on an SSD, so what is my best option here? Is there a way to install the SSD and put 10 on it, and then move all my files from the one with 7? Or do I need to do a clean install?

I have to upgrade to 10 because Battlegrounds won't launch, I'm getting an error about an api being missing, and the updates I need won't install because Windows Update is broken for me. I think it's just time to go for it :/

madjoki

Looks like Valve added back friends to store page:

C5M0OE0.png

but some pages (where no items listed) it's in different style:

KgnPMpu.png

Also only header says DLC and text speaks always about game

and why isn't that I own base game relevant fact? (and alternatively if I don't own).

Valve pls.

Mivey

Also only header says DLC and text speaks always about game

and why isn't that I own base game relevant fact? (and alternatively if I don't own).

Valve pls.
They just rolled it out, give them some time.
By 2045 they should have fixed most the early issues. Just in time to help your granddaughter help find games on Steam.

Teggy

Well I just finished Prey Classic. It was an ok game, but really once you get over the first hour of being surprised by all the funky things going on, it settles too often into just being a corridor shooter with some average weapons.

There were some good story twists. The death penalty was...odd. It was the sort of system you put in a game that hasn't been balanced, but the game was balanced pretty well. It was sort of like the Too Human angel but slightly less annoying.

Jawmuncher

Well I just finished Prey Classic. It was an ok game, but really once you get over the first hour of being surprised by all the funky things going on, it settles too often into just being a corridor shooter with some average weapons.

There were some good story twists. The death penalty was...odd. It was the sort of system you put in a game that hasn't been balanced, but the game was balanced pretty well. It was sort of like the Too Human angel but slightly less annoying.

There was a good article a little while ago talking about how Prey 2006 was kind of the last of the 90's era style shooters. I won't say the game is some masterpiece, but I did find it fun and thing such as the portals and gravity walk ways were pretty cool for the time. I was also a big fan of the universe it had set up. Especially since I wanted to see how it would tie into Prey 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp7K7jKSIZc . The idea that some humans ended up just living in an alien world is super cool to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom