• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

I'm making my way through condemned slowly, I'm facing my hobophobia and trying to make a positive change

I just need to get rid of the little icons.

4PQ4rGY.png

all i see is that jaw doesn't own mg rising

MUnited83

For you.
ooooh, man that screenshot is still a bit confusing
Is it? It literally says that it's similar to a game he has played, MG Rising. There is literally nothing confusing about that :p

Now what is confusing is Steam recommending me Farming Simulator 2017 because I have played SNOW

What a day...shit day at work, country is flushed further down the shitter, rear ended on the freeway coming home from work, want a beer when home a realize I'm out, and now can't decide on what to play

Oof

Anteater

Is it? It literally says that it's similar to a game he has played, MG Rising. There is literally nothing confusing about that :p

Now what is confusing is Steam recommending me Farming Simulator 2017 because I have played SNOW

yeaaa because it says if MG rising is relevant to him but it also say he played 10hrs of it

edit: ooh i think i get it, it's recommending him bayo because he's played mgr

so he doesn't own bayonetta, what a terrible person!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Arminsc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Arminsc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -- MB-9C094BB25E1DA965 - Taken by chronomac. 39 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 -- MB-500EF61C3D8F18DC - Taken by Dio Brando. 15 entrants total.
Metrico Plus -- MB-95225FE9E92A6443 - Taken by Last Baron. 13 entrants total.
Super Rude Bear Resurrection -- MB-E271A8E08E43737F - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 6 entrants total.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -- MB-4D289ECA5FA092A8 - Taken by oni-link. 26 entrants total.
The Turing Test -- MB-DFD83C30C08172EC - Taken by Jadax. 43 entrants total.
Undertale -- MB-06E5AB607618A937 - Taken by Cth. 23 entrants total.

t1494427065z1.png

Platy

I am always in a hamlet like dilemma when I see this one piece game being given away

I like musou style but ... one piece is basicaly nothingness for me

Welp just did my part and bought Trails in the Sky the 3rd. Gonna be interesting with all the changes and with the whole game being a dungeon crawler.

Cels

i got my dell s2716dg, set it up with gsync and i love it

but now i'm using two monitors, and i know that to use gsync the dell must be the primary

however, i would like the use the other monitor to browse the web cause it's bigger and have the windows taskbar there

is there a way to hide the taskbar on the primary monitor and have it only on the secondary monitor?

MUnited83

For you.
so...playerunkown Battleground is actually quite fun? incredibly surprised.
It's great. I think it will essentially be the de facto Battle Royale game. It's so good already, and the shooting mechanics are top notch, not like the usual early access BR jank. And with the development roadmap ahead, it's only getting better. It already supports custom matches and it's getting mod tools released this year.

Knurek

i got my dell s2716dg, set it up with gsync and i love it

but now i'm using two monitors, and i know that to use gsync the dell must be the primary

however, i would like the use the other monitor to browse the web cause it's bigger and have the windows taskbar there

is there a way to hide the taskbar on the primary monitor and have it only on the secondary monitor?

Display Fusion for all your dual monitor needs.

iosefe

It's great. I think it will essentially be the de facto Battle Royale game. It's so good already, and the shooting mechanics are top notch, not like the usual early access BR Hank. And with the development roadmap ahead, it's only getting better. It already supports custom matches and it's getting mod tools released this year.

so it's time to remove H1Z1 from my account?

gift me the game and I'll tell you if its fun or not.
i cant even buy it for myself(family sharing for now)

It's great. I think it will essentially be the de facto Battle Royale game. It's so good already, and the shooting mechanics are top notch, not like the usual early access BR Hank. And with the development roadmap ahead, it's only getting better. It already supports custom matches and it's getting mod tools released this year.
yep. always watched the genre from a distance but never played it, because of the failures of games like h1z1. for a EA game of this size, it's incredibly polished already.

iosefe

yep. always watched the genre from a distance but never played it, because of the failures of games like h1z1.

i would say go get H1Z1 so you could appreciate what playerunknown does. glitchy as it is, i did enjoy what i did of H1Z1.

i have missed a good battle royale in my life, so this is definitely on my radar now

MUnited83

For you.
so it's time to remove H1Z1 from my account?
I mean, remove is a bit harsh, but, I think it's time to jump ship to Battlegrounds if you want the Battle Royale experience. If you want the Roleplay+Zombies and Base Building gameplay you'd probably still want to stick to Just Survive I guess.

i would say go get H1Z1 so you could appreciate what playerunknown does. glitchy as it is, i did enjoy what i did of H1Z1.

i have missed a good battle royale in my life, so this is definitely on my radar now
i think i'll wait a bit and get only playerunkown. already short on money as it is :p

iosefe

I mean, remove is a bit harsh, but, I think it's time to jump ship to Battlegrounds if you want the Battle Royale experience. If you want the Roleplay+Zombies and Base Building gameplay you'd probably still want to stick to Just Survive I guess.
never played Just survive. but spending half an hour to reach 2nd place in surviving is right up my alley.
i think i'll wait a bit and get only playerunkown. already short on money as it is :p

and who even knows how short h1z1's remaining life is.

===
at this point, would getting h1Z1 be like getting the "Great Value" brand of BR?

I feel trapped, trying to move on no money but needing to kill my commute so that I can get my bachelor's degree.

Sorry for the musing but you guys are the best. In the future when I make good money I'm gonna spoil you guys.

Monooboe

Speaking of OG Prey, it was the first game I activated on my Steam account(not counting HL2). So I have to have been very inactive on Steam between HL2 release and Prey release. Also checking account transactions, seems Orange Box was the first thing I actually bought on Steam, hmh can't be right.o_O

Madventure

So is playerunknown made from a different team from H1Z1? This was the first BR game I took a chance on.

Taken from the store page for it on steam: "PLAYERUNKNOWN aka Brendan Greene, is a pioneer of the Battle Royale genre. As the creator of the Battle Royale game-mode found in the ARMA series and H1Z1 : King of the Kill, Greene is co-developing the game with veteran team at Bluehole to create the most diverse and robust Battle Royale experience to date"

It's basically the guy who went around helping everyone else making their Battle Royale games or King of the Hill Genre mods decided to finally group up with a dev and make his own

Speaking of OG Prey, it was the first game I activated on my Steam account(not counting HL2). So I have to have been very inactive on Steam between HL2 release and Prey release. Also checking account transactions, seems Orange Box was the first thing I actually bought on Steam, hmh can't be right.o_O
It's not that unusual. Steam didn't really kick into high gear until 07 or so. I mean, what was the entirety of 05 on Steam? Darwinia, Day of Defeat: Source, and Rag Doll Kung Fu?

I've put off tales of the borderlands for too long, need to get on episode 3 tonight!!

I am at the same point too, my sister is playing it and she reminded how great it was. I remember enjoy the humor and story more than any other taletells game. Gotta get back to it and finishing it.

Account transactions can be misleading. Stuff you bought can be marked free depending on other things you got.

redlacs

Just passed 10,000 achievements :)

this particular feat isnt as impressive nowadays as it used to be. there's about 10 games with over 1k "achievements" which you can all unlock (legitimately) in less than 20 hours.

not to say that's your case though, so congrats

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The purchase history page only goes back to 2008. Earlier store transactions/key activations are listed as "complimentary" on the licences page.

Deques

this particular feat isnt as impressive nowadays as it used to be. there's about 10 games with over 1k "achievements" which you can all unlock (legitimately) in less than 20 hours.

not to say that's your case though, so congrats

Argh, I hate the joke games with too many achievements that can be unlocked with no effort

I avoid these games

Ascheroth

Just passed 10,000 achievements :)
Congratulations!

I don't even know how many achievements I have, haha.

The only ones I'm legit proud of are:
- Ys I and II Nightmare boss rush (after Dark Fact no boss will ever feel insurmountable)
- Ys Oath in Felghana Inferno playthrough
- Ys Origin Yunica Nightmare playthrough.

... I think there's a pattern somewhere, but I can't quite put my finger on it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom