• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

... I think there's a pattern somewhere, but I can't quite put my finger on it :p
You seem to like games that start with letters at the end of the alphabet.
Unfortunately for you Steam doesn't seem to allow to search for games that start with (rather than just contain) specific terms.

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition just received new patch:
All units! A small update will be rolling out on May 10th with improvements and fixes to a few issues the team has been tracking. Here's what's included with this patch:

• Added Single Player Campaign Leaderboards.
  • Added support for keyboard text to toggle between global (/g) and team (/t) chat.
  • Text chat sender names are now colored according to player color.
  • Fixed various graphics errors that sometimes occurred when a large number of units were on screen at the same time.
  • Optimized CU download sizes. Any future CUs will be much smaller.
  • Fixed a few small crashes that were happening in obscure scenarios.
  • Added an anti-trolling fix. Any player kicked from a lobby will not be able to rejoin for a period of time.
  • PC Leaderboards should now say LEADERBOARDS (FRIENDS) in the header to help clarify that Leaderboards on PC are friends-only.
  • Corrected an issue that was preventing PC users from setting desired AA values for cards that support 16x.
  • Fixed a bug that meant changes to Graphics Options resets were occasionally not being saved.
  • When typing chat messages, camera control will no longer be affected when using keys that also control camera movement.
  • Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred during excessive chat messaging.
  • We’ve addressed an issue with texture resolution changes when switching from Low to High or High to Low graphics settings.
  • Game language will now be based on whatever language is selected in the Steam client.
As always, thank you for your feedback and continued support of Halo Wars: Definitive Edition!
I didn't expected such support from Microsoft, ability to change game language is especially pleased to hear because i complained about this few days ago. Now i can finally play the game, thanks MS!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The NBA 2K18 Legend Edition Gold edition (what a terrible name) sure is expensive. I suppose it was only a matter of time before publishers began pushing beyond the USD$99.99 barrier for premium digital SKUs.

Stevey

haha, just had this window pop up

ia7RJNr.png

Takes me back :p

JaseC

Not bad how is the game though?

Well, it has mixed reviews on Metacritic and Steam, so it's probably worthwhile if you're a fan, at least.

Maybe a complete revamp of the client is needed :)

I believe there are lot legacy code still in the client

That's not due to the client but rather Valve not updating the webpage used for notifications unrelated to the store. Given that Steam uses VGUI, which Valve is gradually phasing out in favour of Panorama, I'm fairly certain the upcoming overhaul will also be Panorama-based.

Deques

Well, it has mixed reviews on Metacritic and Steam, so it's probably worthwhile if you're a fan, at least.

That's not due to the client but rather Valve not updating the webpage used for notifications unrelated to the store. Given that Steam uses VGUI, which Valve is gradually phasing out in favour of Panorama, I'm fairly certain the upcoming overhaul will also be Panorama-based.

Either way, the backend and frontend need to do a complete revamp :D

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but can we expect anything big from the e3 PC conference?

I wouldn't get my hopes up. All I remember from the last couple of PC shows were the AMD CEO coming there and holding up a Fury card for everyone to see, and Phil Spencer showing up to announce Gears 4 would be on PC (without mentioning the Windows store, of course).

Maybe a couple of PC focused publishers (like Paradox or Devolver) might announce a new game or expansion but that's about it.

AlanOC91

Just went through and added a lot of you Gaffers to my friends list. With the new changes it will be nice to get some solid recommendations from Steam.

For anyone who wants to add me, feel free: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlanOC91

In other news, I finally fixed my controller causing steam to crash issue I've been plagued with since December 2016.

The issue was Corsair Utility Engine :-/ Uninstalling it removed the issue completely and downgrading to v1.6 reduced how often it crashes by about 90%.

Corpekata

Banned
PC conference is more about smaller titles. It was IIRC one of the first big showings of Enter the Gungeon for instance. I would expect something from Paradox (it was the debut of Tyranny) and a few others. Last year closed out with a pretty great speech from Warren Spector so we might get another industry veteran on board.

JaseC

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but can we expect anything big from the e3 PC conference?

Sure. A big pile of lies and obfuscation from Sony vis-a-vis exclusivity. Beginning last year, it felt it was being too honest and walked back from clearly and accurately distinguishing between hard exclusives (e.g. first-party games), temporary exclusives and console exclusives (i.e. games also releasing on the PC but not other consoles). I can understand the reasoning -- the amount of people who identify as PC gamers but also own a PS4 is probably quite high and they're not going to buy the PS4 version of a game if they know it'll also be on PC -- but going backwards on this sort of policy is a very bad look.

I think the most egregious example is Nier Automata being labelled a PS4 exclusive even though Squeenix had already confirmed a PC release, leading to quite a bit of a confusion that went unaddressed for months.

Edit: Oops, I just realised you asked about the PC conference specifically. I'm blind. :(

Sure. A big pile of lies and obfuscation from Sony vis-a-vis exclusivity. Beginning last year, it felt it was being too honest and walked back from clearly and accurately distinguishing between hard exclusives (e.g. first-party games), temporary exclusives and console exclusives (i.e. games also releasing on the PC but not other consoles). I can understand the reasoning -- the amount of people who identify as PC gamers but also own a PS4 is probably quite high and they're not going to buy the PS4 version of a game if they know it'll also be on PC -- but going backwards on this sort of policy is a very bad look.

I think the most egregious example is Nier Automata being labelled a PS4 exclusive even though Squeenix had already confirmed a PC release, leading to quite a bit of a confusion that went unaddressed for months.

Edit: Oops, I just realised you asked about the PC conference specifically. I'm blind. :(

image.php

wtf man

Mivey

Half-Life 3
Team Fortress 3
Portal 3
Left 4 Dead 3
Star Citizen release date
Diablo 4
Warcraft 4
What about new, innovative IPs that don't have numbers in their name?
Wait, this is the PC, we get those all the time. Sorry, got a bit confused there.

Anteater

How was the game i know its short etc but i need some star wars fix lol

It's a bit of a straight up linear action game, with some God of war-ish QTEs here and there, the controls are slightly better than the first but they got rid of a few abilities that were in the first game, so the combat is more streamlined, if you don't mind a bit of a mindless hack and slash with some force grab/pull power I thought it's worth playing, the game still looks pretty good too.

Just finished Prey, my first actual finished game of the year. I should really finish the games I start... I think I will play UnderRail next, or Nier as I have 2 hours and bought day 1.

How did you like it?

I loved it. I think i beat it in about 23h but I did almost all the side quests. I am a sucker for these "immersive sims" as they call it though so I may be biased. It plays like Bioshock but it is much more RPG oriented and I really like how there are multiple ways to do everything. The atmosphere is great and the story keeps you enticed. I would definitely recommend it though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Arminsc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Arminsc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -- MB-9C094BB25E1DA965 - Taken by chronomac. 39 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 -- MB-500EF61C3D8F18DC - Taken by Dio Brando. 15 entrants total.
Metrico Plus -- MB-95225FE9E92A6443 - Taken by Last Baron. 13 entrants total.
Super Rude Bear Resurrection -- MB-E271A8E08E43737F - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 6 entrants total.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -- MB-4D289ECA5FA092A8 - Taken by oni-link. 26 entrants total.
The Turing Test -- MB-DFD83C30C08172EC - Taken by Jadax. 43 entrants total.
Undertale -- MB-06E5AB607618A937 - Taken by Cth. 23 entrants total.

t1494427065z1.png

Zeeman

I think the first thing I bought was the Telltale pack back when their newest game was Sam and Max Season 2 or Strong Bad

e: Man, remember when Telltale made actual point and clicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom