• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR STEAM -- MB-0DED0A7B62561855 - Taken by Regginator
Frederic: Resurrection of Music directors cut -- MB-E0FBABCE519307FE - Taken by sadblob
Zombillie -- MB-770642DD5F6EBE0D - Taken by voodooray
cat on a diet -- MB-AB7B79E047484831 - Taken by voodooray
double cubes -- MB-BB2385B494AED35C - Taken by yoshizzle
millie -- MB-2B59F4412BD237A4 - Taken by sadblob
risky rescue -- MB-07138123D78D9355 - Taken by septicore
rolld -- MB-7BA116415BADC142 - Taken by septicore
sinless -- MB-67B6BC03DB9ACDA5 - Taken by Regginator
sparkle 2 evo -- MB-3B11D4A598EEF420 - Taken by Cels
sparkle 3 genesis -- MB-226655482C8AFBD4 - Taken by jgalat
sparkle zero -- MB-D9B77AD8398EEA0D - Taken by Pakkidis
surfingers -- MB-78783462DBB60F95 - Taken by gurm3n
timber man -- MB-F088CF58410F3E0B - Taken by gurm3n

V I D E O G A M E S

Nick_C

The whole situation is just completely stupid. He's said that if they didn't put a score on the review then people would go elsewhere for that & that if you put out reviews late you're irrelevant. Which makes no sense on either part since there were already plenty of reviews out before he decided to drop that clickbait. They were also in no hurry at all to actually review the console version and the PC review was already a "Review In Progress". Instead of just updating that as he...well...progressed, he just put a number on it and called it a day.

Plus I really hate that mentality of just having to be the first or among the first reviews for something.

I'm of two minds about the situation. While I think his way of handling it is justifiable, insofar as the game was broken, he couldn't finish it through no fault of his own. It shipped with a game-breaking bug. However, I would have not written a review, and instead written an article or short piece basically stating how I felt about what I'd played, "caveat emptor PC players, there's a chance of running into this specific bug, I'll write a review when I can complete it." I think it's pretty funny, and telling, that he's more focused on the timing of the review instead of the actual review itself. I read it as, "Pfft. Fuck integrity, we need to be first to maximize exposure." Maybe I'm reading too much into it though.

I feel kinda bad for Arkane though, especially if Bethesda is still tying bonuses to 85 MC scores. That also shouldn't be a reviewers responsibility to meet.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can you get a booster pack for a removed game?

I know they changed in that regular gameplay won't drop cards for removed games.

I'm trying to figure out whether I want to idle Alan Wake and Doctor Who and go for the badges before they get removed or not.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

I know they changed in that regular gameplay won't drop cards for removed games.

I'm trying to figure out whether I want to idle Alan Wake and Doctor Who and go for the badges before they get removed or not.

I doubt it since you can't sell cards for removed games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I doubt it since you can't sell cards for removed games.

You can sell cards for removed games, generally speaking. You can't sell cards for games that were removed due to the developer's distribution contract being terminated.

Edit: This is also true of card/booster drops.

Not sure if this has already been shared here, but Alan Wake will be delisted from Steam after this weekend.

Why do video game publishers (and music producers) continue to do this? Does nobody on either side know the phrase "in perpetuity throughout the universe?"

Oh, while I'm here, I might as well ask SteamGAF: Lately, when Steam starts up, it's super slow (like a 20-second lag for scrolling or typing things in the store search bar,) but when I exit and restart it, it's fine. Does anyone know what gives here?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why do video game publishers (and music producers) continue to do this? Does nobody on either side know the phrase "in perpetuity throughout the universe?"

Licensing music in perpetuity would cost more, likely a lot more, than licensing it for seven years.

Oh, while I'm here, I might as well ask SteamGAF: Lately, when Steam starts up, it's super slow (like a 20-second lag for scrolling or typing things in the store search bar,) but when I exit and restart it, it's fine. Does anyone know what gives here?
There's always the distant chance they'll stand to gain from an HD rerelease in the future

Anteater

everytime i look at my gog library it frightens me because I don't recall buying some of these games

was Ultima IX free at some point...?

Worth a go but I wish we could get a solid higher budget DW game not done by Telltale. I'd probably make it a little more action-adventure with much better puzzles.

I'd love a Telltale DW game, especially if it could somehow be a multi-Doctor game.

No John Hurt though, sadly. :(

Dr.Acula

Banned
Man, it sucks that Steam changed that you can only gift directly to people. I was hoping to see this thread full of Alan Wakes.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder if we'll ever get a Sims 5. Sims 4 did a lot of stuff well but the lack of the open world really was a deal breaker for me. You have to imagine the game sold millions of copies anyway but I still don't know if EA would be willing to greenlight a new one (which would hopefully fix the problems in 4). They definitely didn't have enough interest to let another Simcity happen.

I'd say Sims 4 is dead but apparently it keeps getting expacs

Madventure

Man, it sucks that Steam changed that you can only gift directly to people. I was hoping to see this thread full of Alan Wakes.

Well other store fronts still give keys and already have it on sale I.E. Bundlestars, Wingamestore, UKGamesPlanet, etc there's more stores as well since it's a steam activated game as well too it's 90% off already for the sale

20 minutes in the Charlie Murder lobby and no where on the steam front page. Real bummer.

Also does Rude Bear have frame pacing issues for anyone else? Super juddery.
I'll play with you, dude. Do you want me to add you on Steam?
Sure! ricochetguro is my steam username.

Durante

Every "souls" like indie game thread gets at least 2 or 3 of the same tools that go "I'm not buying it because they used X term to describe their game" and ready to circle jerk about it like they aren't the 1000th time that train of thought has been posted.
Right.

The real issue for me is that so many would-be Soulslike games skip one of its most important factors: the online interaction (both cooperative and disruptive).

Jawmuncher

Hmmm I have $20 in steam credit. $10 for Dark souls 3 is tempting. Since I doubt it'll get that cheap anytime soon. Closest it's been is 20ish

I'd say Sims 4 is dead but apparently it keeps getting expacs

Yeah there must be someone buying them or they wouldn't keep making them. The Sims audience is very far removed from what you'd typically call core gamers so it's not likely to get much attention at places like this.

I never got too deep into the series but I did enjoy playing a new entry every few years. I really would like to see a Sims 5 that fixes the mistakes of it's predecessor.

And of course there's the perpetual question of why no one else has ever tried to emulate the formula in another game. SimCity got Cities Skylines. Why can't the Sims get something like that?

Vibranium

Banned
I'd love a Telltale DW game, especially if it could somehow be a multi-Doctor game.

No John Hurt though, sadly. :(

Telltale's engine isn't great though, I don't want them doing DW unless they throw it out completely and change art styles. Plus, their choice system is fairly meaningless compared to Until Dawn or Life is Strange. I would love to play as the Doctor or the companion having to make meaningful choices that affected events and deaths.

If not John Hurt, Paul McGann would absolutely have to be in the game, along with the current Doctor (13th or later with Capaldi leaving). Get Jamie Mathieson or someone to write it.

D3RANG3D

Was there some site change for the steam website? I can't log in with any web browsers it says my credentials don't match up but it works with the client?

well, finally finished Tales of the Borderlands, easily without a doubt the best telltales game. Also the best Borderlands game too

Yup.

Still quietly hoping that it ties into Borderlands 3 somehow. (And that Borderlands 3 is written entirely by TellTale.)
I wonder if we'll ever get a Sims 5. Sims 4 did a lot of stuff well but the lack of the open world really was a deal breaker for me. You have to imagine the game sold millions of copies anyway but I still don't know if EA would be willing to greenlight a new one (which would hopefully fix the problems in 4). They definitely didn't have enough interest to let another Simcity happen.

At some point, Sims 5 is an inevitability.

But the series is in kind of a hard place. The instanced nature of 4 allows for a huge amount more scalability in terms of new content, preventing the heinous bugs Sims 3 faced later in its life, but at the same time... the open world feels so much better. Also EA's bizarre monetisation can only be hurting the game--I think that's why the expansions are such non-events now, being weird fusions between Stuff Packs and proper xpacs.

It'll be interesting to see where they go post-4.

It's not the Steam controller, which is the best way to play Dark Souls :p
Speaking of Steam controller. I tried to play Nier Automata with it the other day, and controlling camera with touchpad was a mess. How to best configure it? And also FPS for that matter.

Thanks to InquisitorAles for posting about the Art of Deus Ex earlier in the week, because it inspired me to make a purchase myself:

My game book library just doubled.
For people that have not finished the game: do beware the book spoiled the identity of Juggernaut Collective. But that doesn't seem to matter does it? Since the franchise is now dead again.
Also pretty funny that the fix was up shortly after the review was posted. Doesn't make the problem any better, however. It's pretty shitty for those that were affected.
Different writers and all that. But the IGN's lack of reviewing guideline regarding technical issues is just ridiculous. Not to mention the two-minute review video IGN released, it was unprofessional and a bit insulting.

I've been playing Mobius, got a Legends Card.

3776561E29191FCA34952F0B6B89DB463A2F41AE

Always hear people talk about how they spend a shit ton of money on gatcha games to get those super rare drops but I just save my free in-game currency and use it from time to time and get lucky.

But this is coming from a guy who wasted a ton of money on TF2/Dota 2 in the past lol

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

You can. I got one from Football Manager 2014

illusionary

iirc the IGN reviewer ran into a game breaking bug and couldn't progress.

To fill this out a little - the review awarded the game a 4.0 as a result of this bug; the game was patched to fix the bug about an hour later; outrage commenced.

Fortunately, about two hours ago Dan updated his review and the game now has an 8.0 (all systems).

Hopefully the situation will all calm down now, though it would be a shame if Metacritic don't update the score that they record for the game. It all very much underlines the extent to which scores are an arbitrary measure, but of course, realistically we're not going to see a movement away from them en masse any time soon.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Blue Estate The Game -- MB-AAE16FEED78AF19B - Taken by Madventure
Glass Masquerade -- MB-48D5BEE2A13BA08D - Taken by bobnowhere
Steel Rain -- MB-485A40F04667DFBA - Taken by fuzzy123

Have Ska Studios said what they're working on next? Honestly one of my favorite studios, Dishwasher still feels incredible to play. Although the PC ports multi-player in Charlie Murder seems incredibly laggy

I have practically no experience with the genre, so it's no surprise I'm pretty terrible at Nuclear Throne. Hah! Played about 3 hours today, I *think* the farthest I made it was 3-2. Ah well, still having fun anyways. Not really sure which mutations to prioritize. Eyes is fun with expanded melee range and his telekinesis.

I also picked up the Vanishing of Ethan Carter from Humble Bundle in the past day or so. $3 is an all-time low (I think), and I've really wanted to play it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Have Ska Studios said what they're working on next? Honestly one of my favorite studios, Dishwasher still feels incredible to play. Although the PC ports multi-player in Charlie Murder seems incredibly laggy

Salt and Sanctuary 2.

Oh I'm sorry you mean in real life, not in my dreams and hopes.

:(

prudislav

Right.

The real issue for me is that so many would-be Soulslike games skip one of its most important factors: the online interaction (both cooperative and disruptive).
i dont know for me in Souls ... the online interaction and stuff were always just a bonus .... neve the main important factor

Tizoc

I've lately been doing some replays of ICEY's levels as I want to max out my abilities. The late game enemies are quite tough and I seem to mistime my dashes @_@

On my plate atm, otherwise-
Indy: Fate of Atlantis
Hollow Knight

Following that I'll be clearing
Indy: Last Crusade
Spark the Electric Jester

should be making my way to Yooka Laylee after that

Wok

I have practically no experience with the genre, so it's no surprise I'm pretty terrible at Nuclear Throne. Hah! Played about 3 hours today, I *think* the farthest I made it was 3-2. Ah well, still having fun anyways. Not really sure which mutations to prioritize. Eyes is fun with expanded melee range and his telekinesis.

Melee weapons are super good. Expanded melee range is the best upgrade in my opinion. I also like the one which makes you invulnerable to explosions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom