• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiicon

Thanks to InquisitorAles for posting about the Art of Deus Ex earlier in the week, because it inspired me to make a purchase myself:

C_pRdOUUwAEXA3d.jpg

My game book library just doubled.

Mivey

Clearly the worst thing about The Last Remnant is how the ending implies
that Rush isn't dead. This is saved by the fact that the game will never ever get a sequel, so for all intents and purposes he is dead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not sure how I feel about Baiken's Hentai-level of boob stuff going on in Revelator 2 :/

Thanks to InquisitorAles for posting about the Art of Deus Ex earlier in the week, because it inspired me to make a purchase myself:

My game book library just doubled.
Nice! Still need to properly read it, i was too busy lately. Maybe i should post my Warhammer books library too lol

Nick_C

Great , finally - any impressions about tje ports so far?

Charlie Murder seems to be running great as well. They even kept the Windows Phone in. My only gripe as of rigt now is that the menus and UI don't scale in 4k, making the some things almost unreadable unless you're incredibly close to the monitor.

Tizoc

OK that's enough running around in Hollow Knight like a blind bug. I'm taking a break then see if I can tackle
Queen's Garden.
, complete it then see if it gives me an ability that'll let me continue to the rest of the areas in this big ass game.

Saiyan-Rox

out of curiosoty do any of you have issues where realoocating patches takes fucking ages? i've been waiting 10mins now for steam to just preallocate for a 78MB patch let alone download it. it happens all the time but just with certain games Deus Ex being one of them.

Hektor

I feel like it says a lot about Deadly Premonition that I can't figure out if this is a bug or if this woman is actually supposed to be crying into the hot dog she's eating at 9:30 am.

"What do you think about this zach?"

In speaking of Alan Wake that's going to be delisted. Gamesplanet is selling The Amazing Spider-Man for £12.49

I really want a new spiderman game like Spiderman 2. That game was awesome.

out of curiosoty do any of you have issues where realoocating patches takes fucking ages? i've been waiting 10mins now for steam to just preallocate for a 78MB patch let alone download it. it happens all the time but just with certain games Deus Ex being one of them.

This is today's Dark Souls 3 patch right? I noticed it took way too long to install.

I watched the Quick look of The Surge and it basically put me to sleep. Not really seeing what it has going for it other than the fact that it's not a dark fantasy world like Souls.

Buraindo

Had this happen to me today with Dark Souls 3's patch. Other games updated just fine though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-0E6185A89D11C97D - Taken by Regginator. 8 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-E3EDBB843503B4C9 - Taken by Tart Toter 9k. 13 entrants total.
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-8C6A5348D7A79A40 - Taken by dave is ok. 5 entrants total.

t1494626780z1.png

Parsnip

I think it depends on what file(s) are being updated. If it just so happens that the files that are being updated are large singular chunks, it takes longer because of the way Steam handles patching. A small 50meg patch to a 20gig file would take longer to pre-allocate than a 50meg patch to a 100meg file, for example.

I'm guessing, anyway.

Knurek

I think it depends on what file(s) are being updated. If it just so happens that the files that are being updated are large singular chunks, it takes longer because of the way Steam handles patching. A small 50meg patch to a 20gig file would take longer to pre-allocate than a 50meg patch to a 100meg file, for example.

I'm guessing, anyway.

No, you are absolutely correct, this is how Steam operates.
Large files being worked on + slow HDD -> long update time even for a small download.

Saiyan-Rox

This is today's Dark Souls 3 patch right? I noticed it took way too long to install.

I watched the Quick look of The Surge and it basically put me to sleep. Not really seeing what it has going for it other than the fact that it's not a dark fantasy world like Souls.

Yep but again ive had it happen with other games. it just worries me something is wrong when it's taking so long.

Watched a stream of Dead Cells and it looks so good.

Definitely brutal. You don't earn the cells so rapidly that you could pull a Rogue Legacy and go for cash runs. At least, not from what I've seen.

The animations look smooth and movement appears to be pretty tight.

Nick_C

IGN Reviewer: "People' shouldn't buy Prey on PC"
IGN: "Here are some links on where to buy Prey on PC"

Alright

Also pretty funny that the fix was up shortly after the review was posted. Doesn't make the problem any better, however. It's pretty shitty for those that were affected.

Nabs

Can someone here upload their Bayonetta config for a DS4 with working turbo on face buttons? And explain how it works. Because all the configs I've found haven't worked for me for some reason. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

steam://controllerconfig/460790/924358271

I swapped right bumper and left trigger, so you may want to swap those back before you get started. I hope it works out for you.

The Dishwasher: VS holds up really well. Hopefully these ports will sell well, the developer's a really cool guy and Ska Studios are great people as well.

Hektor

Something i just noticed

ai7oVcr.png

Vanquish isn't ported by Platinum but by the studio that ported Valkyria Chronicles?

They're not listed for Bayonetta.

Also pretty funny that the fix was up shortly after the review was posted. Doesn't make the problem any better, however. It's pretty shitty for those that were affected.

The whole situation is just completely stupid. He's said that if they didn't put a score on the review then people would go elsewhere for that & that if you put out reviews late you're irrelevant. Which makes no sense on either part since there were already plenty of reviews out before he decided to drop that clickbait. They were also in no hurry at all to actually review the console version and the PC review was already a "Review In Progress". Instead of just updating that as he...well...progressed, he just put a number on it and called it a day.

Plus I really hate that mentality of just having to be the first or among the first reviews for something.

Hmm, Tales of Berseria for 33 is pretty good, but I figure that deal will be around again for the Black Friday sale. Winds up being 40ish CAD for me, anyway. Too much to play right now as it is, but definitely looking forward to checking that one out.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Doctor Who: The Adventure Games is leaving Steam at the end of the month.

No "final sale", however this has been bundled a few times already. Definitely recommended for Doctor Who fans though it's a bit janky and were given out for free from the BBC to UK residents years ago. I was able to get 100% completion in about 11 hours.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Has Beamdog done anything but Bioware remasters at this point? And their storefront i guess

Planescape Torment and Icewind Dale were Black Isle but to answer the bigger question, no, this would be the first original project from the dev.

Vibranium

Banned
Doctor Who: The Adventure Games is leaving Steam at the end of the month.

No "final sale", however this has been bundled a few times already. Definitely recommended for Doctor Who fans though it's a bit janky and were given out for free from the BBC to UK residents years ago. I was able to get 100% completion in about 11 hours.

The voice acting by Matt Smith is pretty subpar for the first 4 episodes, as he had only just barely settled into the role when they did recording for the game. The Gunpowder Plot was the fifth and my favorite as it was done later and Matt sounded much better. Also in the collectible cards you get to see Colin Baker's fantast(ically awful) coat!

Worth a go but I wish we could get a solid higher budget DW game not done by Telltale. I'd probably make it a little more action-adventure with much better puzzles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom