• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck the 4th primal bonfire in Dark Souls 2. I noped the fuck outta there.
[
865ebf700194ab0bfceb7f9146014aec.gif

The spider one? Carry a torch around, the spiders will run away from you, you'll still have to deal with the spider boss though I'm afraid.

Looking at the "Revive old IP" on that sega presentation... The things I'd do for a new Panzer Dragoon... A sequel to Saga would be my nº1 gaming wish at this point.

I wish they'd at least put Orta on steam.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The pirates won:

We are so fucked the next time a broken Japanese port gets released on PC
Did they remove it because he put in that shit to check if it was pirated?

I can see GitHubs side honestly. It's not outright malicious, but you're adding code to a resolution mod to track your users and then outing them in public based on what could possibly be spoofed Steam IDs.

Endruen

The spider one? Carry a torch around, the spiders will run away from you, you'll still have to deal with the spider boss though I'm afraid.

Nah, nah, nah, I killed the spiders without torches and the boss the first try. I'm talking about the actual bonfire.
When you touch it, it explodes throwing you back and some spawn of fricking hell raises from the floor engulfed in lava. Turns out you can talk with it and it's friendly, but holy shit, I ran like crazy.

Knurek

Did they remove it because he put in that shit to check if it was pirated?

We don't know for sure, since Github didn't provide information why they did what they did.
I'm personally guessing harassment campaign by 4chan/whatevs in response to that pirate check - few hundred fake copyright strikes/malware warnings would do the trick.

The pirates won:

The next time his work is required to fix a PC port, he should just do it for himself and just brag how he made the game better. The pirate trolls can't report him anywhere...and that's just going to eat at them.

I'm dumb, but is GitHub essential for that kind of stuff? Especially for open source projects like that?

Can't he just upload his mods to some other file hosting like GDrive or something? Google wouldn't give a shit about internet drama.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
To clarify, the individual repositories were not deleted, so FAR and its ilk can still be downloaded.

Project Rap Rabbit (Parappa x Gitaroo Man creators) has a Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/460689844/project-rap-rabbit-working-title

It's coming to PC and PS4.

Holy shit at 5 million stretch goal for Switch, lmao. Xbox being a tier lower than Switch is bizarre too, I can't imagine this weird niche Japanese style game is gonna attract a lot of Xbox owners.

I can't even see this reaching 1 mil, no prototype demo or even a gameplay video.

Jawmuncher

Holy shit at 5 million stretch goal for Switch, lmao. Xbox being a tier lower than Switch is bizarre too, I can't imagine this weird niche Japanese style game is gonna attract a lot of Xbox owners.

I can't even see this reaching 1 mil, no prototype demo or even a gameplay video.

If it does it'll be Barely making it

Arminsc

Creative Assembly has done stand-alone expansions before. The numbering is, I imagine, to avoid confusion.

Although it's also a good excuse to charge for a full game vs. an expansion pack And, knowing the pricing on Total Warhammer, I'm believing this until they explicitly say otherwise.

Yeah, charging full price is what I'm afraid of, and what they'll probably do. We'll see how it goes.

ezodagrom

I'm dumb, but is GitHub essential for that kind of stuff? Especially for open source projects like that?

Can't he just upload his mods to some other file hosting like GDrive or something? Google wouldn't give a shit about internet drama.
His auto-updater is using GitHub, there are alternatives, like BitBucket, but switching to an alternative will be work that he shouldn't have to do because of whatever caused this to happen.

PC games on TV with M+K can only mean this is shopped

He must spend every waking hour tinkering with his PC. Can't even play games.

Just min/maxing for FPS and temperatures day in, day out, joylessly.

Don't even get me started on all the drivers and updates.

If it does it'll be Barely making it

Even in the early days of Kickstarter when most were thriving I could see this struggling across the finish line. I know PaRappa the Rapper has its fans but I can't imagine they'd have been on the same level of Mega Man fans ready to support Mighty No. 9.

I'm like a Liverpool fan when it comes to FM games. This year will my year (to start a new 300 hour game)
I've been out on FM for a while as I always found it a bit overwhelming as a casual football fan. But with Blackburn dropping leagues again I might see if I can get them back to the EPL.

Lain

Decided to re-download Dragon's Dogma but I guess the game didn't store saves into some general folder under the user folder, so I don't have my save anymore. Guess I'll have to try and dig something up from the dead HDD if I ever want to get back into the game (I skipped copying stuff from the Steam folder when moving important data), because no way I'm remaking my char and pawn and re-leveling from scratch hunting packs of wolves.

I gave a try to Guardians of Ember. The game was described as a marriage between WoW and Diablo, and I can confirm that as being true. I don't think the game does either of those two really justice though, but it isn't too bad either. I'd put the quality as a whole on average: it's fine to waste some time but it's not something that would keep me interested for too long.

I also played a little bit of Hunter's Legacy. I've wanted to get and play this game for a while. It seemed like a fun game from the outside, with nice yet simple graphics. Then I got to play it and now I regret my purchase.
The game feels stiff, the combat isn't fun and it performs weirdly for me, although this performance issue has to be on my side since every new game I download and install on Steam performs quite strangely if I don't reboot the PC first and I have no clue why it happens.

OmarYusaf

What are the best games that emulate (kind of) the NES or SNES?

Stuff like Shovel Knight and Odallus

I'd recommend Broforce and Dark Void Zero in addition to the stuff already recommended.

Cave story, Fez, and the Momodora series games also would scratch your itch.

Guacamelee doesn't look like 16 bit but sure feel like it when playing. Excellent Metroidvania type game.

You could also check out the retro tag on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Retro/#p=0&tab=PopularNewReleases

Lain

Looks like the official PC release for Mages of Mystralia is May 18th, according to the latest kickstarter update.

The C64 was my first PC/gaming machine.
I'm not gonna lie, I don't miss waiting 20 minutes for tapes to load
only to crash at the end and having to rewind.

Mivey

The pirates won:

Kaldeian should just stop posting on the Steam forums, and probably upload his stuff on personal blog or something. It's not super expensive.
Of course, given how much shit is is getting for doing work for the community, I really wouldn't blame him if he just quit. This is bizarre.

Airbar

Neo Member
So guys, no idea where else I can ask this.

I just bought the positive whatever humble bundle for DRM-free Linux versions of Stephen's Sausage Roll, Curious Expedition and Hacknet ... I exclusively game on Linux and preferrably DRM-free ... so now I've got all these Steam keys and wondered about the morality of selling / gifting away these keys I'm probably never going to use myself anyway.

What do you think about this? I think I would feel guilty if I tried to sell these Steam keys :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom