• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we will see new steam controller skins on steam store soon.

Klei website store was updated and they showed a new steam controller skin.

C_4ezNjUQAECS3P.jpg:small

https://twitter.com/klei/status/864164749373718528
Just like Valve to put a skin on everything. Where does it stop!?!?

Virtua Fighter 5 is coming to PC!!?? Sega PC Port train don't stop.

I swear if a photo of Akira shows up one day in the Vanquish steam folders, I will flip out no matter where I am!

Also that Why is PC tinkering thread went from funny to sad to slightly disturbing in the course of 20 pages. Why do most PC and Microsoft threads turn into garbage :(

dex3108

124 hours later my Witcher 3 experience: "Cool i will do this 2-3 quests", does those 3 quests, finds 4 more XD I will never finish this game am i?

I swear if a photo of Akira shows up one day in the Vanquish steam folders, I will flip out no matter where I am!

Also that Why is PC tinkering thread went from funny to sad to slightly disturbing in the course of 20 pages. Why do most PC and Microsoft threads turn into garbage :(

Because you can't port a PC gaming rig to Switch.

Because it proves, once again, people dont want to get rid of their misconceptions.

Still reading "hunking over PC" or "I dont wanna use a PC when I use it at work the whole day" or "Well. It proves that googling 10 seconds for a fix means its hard!"

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1366639.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Do you like a threesome? -- MB-D93EEAC8484422C6 - Taken by gabbo. 27 entrants total.

t1494892487z1.png

ArjanN

If anything expect Anarchy Reigns and Madworld. The current Sega ports have been Platinum Games content.

Well there's a decent likelyhood of those too. I think VF5 is one of the other likely candiates, and I'm sure they won't stop at just Platinum stuff as long as they keep selling.

Playing some Alan Wake. They have an ambient noise they use when you're in the woods.
It's the exact same noise the mushroom babies make in Dark Souls 1. Made me stop and look around for a second when I first heard it.

How do I know they wont just drop a Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 3 after this?
There absolutely will be revisions afterwards, it just depends on what you're looking for with the game. If you only ever want the final definitive complete never gonna be touched ever again forever infinity +1 no takesies backs then you'll probably never have the opportunity to buy a Japanese fighting game in your life considering SF2 is still dropping revisions.

Project Rap Rabbit (Parappa x Gitaroo Man creators) has a Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/460689844/project-rap-rabbit-working-title

It's coming to PC and PS4.
I was hoping it would be something more like a Gitaroo Um Jammer amalgam.

Tizoc

There absolutely will be revisions afterwards, it just depends on what you're looking for with the game. If you only ever want the final definitive complete never gonna be touched ever again forever infinity +1 no takesies backs then you'll probably never have the opportunity to buy a Japanese fighting game in your life considering SF2 is still dropping revisions.

I was hoping it would be something more like a Gitaroo Um Jammer amalgam.

SF2 is not a good example to use mainly as said revision needs to stick and have a following.
Generally the primary ver. of Street Fighter 2 is Super Turbo, the original Arcade ver.
The upcoming Switch release won't last long and as it comes with OG Super Turbo THAT is the ver. you will likely see played most. The changes they made in the Switch SF2 release is unneeded; Super Turbo is the last game you want to bother rebalancing. You'd have better succcess rebalancing Street Fighter III 2I than Super Turbo.

Far as GG Xrd R goes, as I wrote; they are finally following Super SF4's update model, so a Rev 3 would be an update to Revelator, at least until the 3rd Xrd game is revealed. At which point, the GG community will move onto that game.
With SF2, it peaked at Super Turbo and that is the main latest ver. of the game that'd have any form of longstanding if not, ongoing, following.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Cosmic Schwung, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-E65AE4F6C492B6B4 - Taken by Neverforget. 2 entrants total.
Day of the Tentacle Remastered -- MB-B2F0FC3B8C0D0FF0 - Taken by Chance Hale. 9 entrants total.
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West -- MB-EAAF4F560433FC12 - Taken by oni-link. 6 entrants total.
Else Heart.Break() -- MB-452D2D03F081294F - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 6 entrants total.
Epistory -- MB-A32176C760F10287 - Taken by longlivegaming. 20 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-B72C0316215DDB4E - Taken by Dangerblade. 7 entrants total.
Mushroom 11 -- MB-F1876460CDA0A878 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
No Time To Explain -- MB-7B367E638281AD3A
Octodad Dadliest Catch -- MB-4F474D623102B44C - Taken by sadblob. 4 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut -- MB-F61AC75FCDE0AD31 - Taken by Ventilaator. 1 entrants total.
Rocket Birds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-DCC2A872857E91EE
Space Run Galaxy -- MB-2C52C535C477CA98 - Taken by Jadax. 11 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-9405B75F0DCB9B14
The Banner Saga -- MB-89155E9F6B0F890B - Taken by rainking187. 14 entrants total.
The Bleed Pixels -- MB-4701D28F3AC69E68 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 5 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-9804DF4F88B9F6AA - Taken by pantsattack. 4 entrants total.
Tower of Guns -- MB-1C1E8939182FFF14 - Taken by Ventilaator. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-722391C74D362A79
Waking Mars -- MB-7A696D9CAD1CB755 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 1 entrants total.
World of Goo -- MB-98056C531D686483 - Taken by Kssio_Aug. 2 entrants total.

t1494889288z1.png

Eila

So after a W10 update the headphone jack on the laptop won't send out audio and if I try to open the control panel it shuts down within a second. Started googling and apparently it's a common problem. Just great.

SF2 is not a good example to use mainly as said revision needs to stick and have a following.
Generally the primary ver. of Street Fighter 2 is Super Turbo, the original Arcade ver.
The upcoming Switch release won't last long and as it comes with OG Super Turbo THAT is the ver. you will likely see played most. The changes they made in the Switch SF2 release is unneeded; Super Turbo is the last game you want to bother rebalancing. You'd have better succcess rebalancing Street Fighter III 2I than Super Turbo.

Far as GG Xrd R goes, as I wrote; they are finally following Super SF4's update model, so a Rev 3 would be an update to Revelator, at least until the 3rd Xrd game is revealed. At which point, the GG community will move onto that game.
With SF2, it peaked at Super Turbo and that is the main latest ver. of the game that'd have any form of longstanding if not, ongoing, following.
Yeah but a following isn't necessarily what someone who wants to wait out until the very end is looking for. They just want something that's going to be the very last update that won't need any other purchases afterwards. I think it's pretty rare for someone to knowingly wait out maybe five+ years for the final core release to only then hop on big time and try to get competitive with it.

Benedict

So I got this email from Steam.
Is this something I should be concerned about?
Never heard about this before.

This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this CD key.

Steam account name: xxx

If you requested this query, please use the above account name to log in to Steam. If you cannot remember your password, click on the “Retrieve lost account” button on the Steam login screen.

If you did not request this query, please ignore this message.

Users cannot gain access to your account via the Find Account By CD Key process without access to your email account.

I logged in and redeemed a unused Steam-code on Groupees (1st time in months) the same evening, could that be the reason?

Ozium

I logged in and redeemed a unused Steam-code on Groupees (1st time in months) the same evening, could that be the reason?

you get that email when someone tries to redeem a key that has already been redeemed and then clicks the button that pops up

no reason to worry - "If you did not request this query, please ignore this message."

I got two of them overnight, first time I've seen them in a while. I assume a whole lot of keys got into the wild and someone was trying to redeem them and hit the recover account button when the key came up as used.

Don't worry about it, there is nothing another person can do with it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any reputable sellers that have Job Simulator cheaper than Steam?

Nope. Amazon is out of stock and I doubt overseeing the game's presence outside of the Steam Store is within Google's purview (it snapped up Owlchemy last week).

Grief.exe

So Ryse Son of Rome won't go past 32fps regardless of what settings I use. Checked on yt, and pc with lower specs are running it in the 50's. Any idea of what's going on?

I don't know if you answered your question, but it's possible that your HDMI cord can't handle the bandwidth. If you are downsampling and trying to push 60 FPS might choke the cord or the HDMI standard in your tv.

Lain

Learned about Minotaur and its Kickstarter just as it entered the last 24 hours, so I decided to try out the demo to see if it was worth to pledge to it.
The demo was short but I liked what I saw. Funny interactions, some light puzzles and a style I can dig. Got my pledge.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
RIP Ubi towers (reportedly):

Update:

Annndddd they just keep coming.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/377058147

I dunna what to believe anymore. Best just to wait for E3 now.
- Towers are in the game, but not in some rifts. You use the eagle when reaching the top instead of eagle vision.

I, for one, hope they're still in. Scaling points of interest is a sizeable component of AssCreed's historical tourism aspect and it wouldn't quite feel like AssCreed if this weren't tied to a mechanic.

Teeth

I don't know if you answered your question, but it's possible that your HDMI cord can't handle the bandwidth. If you are downsampling and trying to push 60 FPS might choke the cord or the HDMI standard in your tv.

If they are downsampling in software, there wouldn't be any more bandwidth being pushed across the HDMI cable than native res.

Maybe I'm missing something but...is there actually a way to push a signal greater than native res and have the monitor do the downsampling for you? I didn't think there was.

Vamphuntr

Done with Trails in the Sky the 3rd. Such an amazing game that no one will play. Just shows that even Japanese games can have great writing. Fantastic ending to the sky trilogy too. It goes to such dark places with some of the characters. Too bad a lot of the stuff hinted is only resolved in Zero/Ao and we probably won't get those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom