• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endruen

So guys, no idea where else I can ask this.

I just bought the positive whatever humble bundle for DRM-free Linux versions of Stephen's Sausage Roll, Curious Expedition and Hacknet ... I exclusively game on Linux and preferrably DRM-free ... so now I've got all these Steam keys and wondered about the morality of selling / gifting away these keys I'm probably never going to use myself anyway.

What do you think about this? I think I would feel guilty if I tried to sell these Steam keys :/

Well, you could always give them away.

So guys, no idea where else I can ask this.

I just bought the positive whatever humble bundle for DRM-free Linux versions of Stephen's Sausage Roll, Curious Expedition and Hacknet ... I exclusively game on Linux and preferrably DRM-free ... so now I've got all these Steam keys and wondered about the morality of selling / gifting away these keys I'm probably never going to use myself anyway.

What do you think about this? I think I would feel guilty if I tried to sell these Steam keys :/

If you're not gonna use them, then selling or gifting the keys would be the next logical step. Try going to the B/S/T thread that is stickied above. You bought those keys so they are for you to do whatever you want with them.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I remember in the early days of Humble Bundle some guy on GAF tried trading his DRM-free copies of the games.

madjoki

kionedrik

40% is a good discount, it probably won't go any lower in the summer sale.

I might get it too.

On the other hand, a week long 40% discount screams humble monthly inclusion..

I noticed a trend in a couple of games I was following in the past - Deadly Tower of Monsters & Hacknet. Both games were included in the monthly the month after a big weeklong discount. Neither had a big discount up to that point.
So perhaps S&S will be included July's monthly.

Nah, nah, nah, I killed the spiders without torches and the boss the first try. I'm talking about the actual bonfire.
When you touch it, it explodes throwing you back and some spawn of fricking hell raises from the floor engulfed in lava. Turns out you can talk with it and it's friendly, but holy shit, I ran like crazy.

Oh him! That will happen a couple of times.
If you look close you can kinda make out a face in it....kinda

Cels

i bought arkham knight for cheap on a lark ($5 with season pass). i had tried it in november 2015 (after it was relaunched) but back then i had a 280x, only 8gb ram, and was playing in 1080p. i thought performance was crap so i refunded the game through steam.

setup:
2560x1440
4690k 4.5ghz OC
16GB ram
game on sandisk ultra ii ssd

i started with everything to high, AA on, all gameworks on. with these settings, the start of the game through finding poison ivy (like the first 15 min) was fine, i was getting 70-90fps except when walking over the AR challenge start points which for some reason drops fps to the teens for me. i played for a couple hours through going to scarecrow's toxin facility, and then the fps turned to shit, i'm talking like 20-30 fps during batmobile, 40-50 fps on foot. ok so i restarted the game, maybe it was a memory leak or something. nope, restarting the game it was back to 60-90 fps again but once i used the batmobile it would tank the fps everywhere, including even if i returned to foot.

i messed around with the ingame settings, turned off the ingame fps cap and used RTSS to cap at 60 and i think things are ok now, but we'll see after a few more hours of play.

games like this are probably one of the things that people cite when they say PC gaming is too much of a pain to get into. luckily bad ports like this are rare and not the norm.

Speaking of zombies...

Parse this.
Steam New post said:
Stopping sales
Hi everyone,

Well, it's pretty safe to say this experiment did not turn out too well.

Our plan was pretty straightforward — its main point was not to compete with mods that "have a bit of everything". So instead ORGS Studio made a silly (and trashy at times) game that had LGBT pirates, forced transgender striptease and a Nobel laureate in literature as a game character in it. Reviews showed there's some people who would be into this kind of stuff, but the majority of players just weren't very impressed by this idea.

We think the game is pretty good, most players don't — there's no point in arguing, so we've decided to stop selling The Zombiest Adventures on Steam and return money to everybody who purchased it.

The game?

So, yeah, it's not for sale anymore. One of the few times a dev has willingly pulled their game from Steam... that I can think of, at least. Given the above, it's probably for the best.

Volimar

tumblr_oppxk1FW1q1r3dyiwo1_1280.jpg

That's great!

Hektor

Speaking of zombies...

Parse this.

The game?

So, yeah, it's not for sale anymore. One of the few times a dev has willingly pulled their game from Steam... that I can think of, at least. Given the above, it's probably for the best.

I'm impressed by the devs acceptance and straight forwardness, instead of throwin a tantrum like many others.

Tho i do think it's weird to stop selling a game because others don't like it, but given what i'm seeing on the storepage and the description i won't miss it.

Pachimari

I feel like I'm gonna drop Chrono.gg soon. There haven't been any new games to the shop for awhile, and I just had a 23 day streak and apparently missed a day, even though I know I redeemed my coins last night, and again just now.

data

I feel like I'm gonna drop Chrono.gg soon. There haven't been any new games to the shop for awhile, and I just had a 23 day streak and apparently missed a day, even though I know I redeemed my coins last night, and again just now.
New games will come in 3 days

Tizoc

Speaking of zombies...

Parse this.

The game?

Err was the game any good tho?

Uzzy

I need this.

TransistorVinyl_006_Black.png

We're pleased to announce a very limited edition, black vinyl pressing of the Transistor Original Soundtrack, available while supplies last. Only 200 of these commemorative editions will ever be sold.

This album comes in a glossy old-style gatefold jacket featuring artwork by Jen Zee and lyrics by Darren Korb. Each record is pressed on 180 gram black vinyl. Also included is a download code for a digital version of the track list plus a digital version of the Extended version of the soundtrack.

We collaborated with Pirates Press to create this set and couldn't be happier with how it all turned out. There's something special about hearing this music on vinyl, as it fits the feel of the world of Transistor better than any other format.

There's also a general sale on Transistor stuff for the 3rd anniversary. Pretty good news.

fantomena

Wait what...injustice 2 is not coming to PC? Just saw the production value thread, looked nice, searched for the game on Steam when it arrives, nothing found, checking Google, no PC mentioned on Wiki.

WTF I HAVE THE FIRST GAME WHY NO 2?

Leaving town tomorrow on an unexpected trip.
Not one full of whimsy and fun.
The kind with worry and concern for someone else.

I've got some pensive Southern literature packed and I'm finally going to get around to playing Darkest Dungeon.
Would adding the Flame in the Flood be overkill with both of those in tow?

Sajko

Wait what...injustice 2 is not coming to PC? Just saw the production value thread, looked nice, searched for the game on Steam when it arrives, nothing found, checking Google, no PC mentioned on Wiki.

First one had delayed release on PC too. It'll come when all DLCs are out.

My hope is that they are working on it in-house or waiting on QLOC to work on it and are taking their time to release a great port of the game so the game doesn't end up like a Arkham Knight/Mortal Kombat X disaster.

RootCause

So Ryse Son of Rome won't go past 32fps regardless of what settings I use. Checked on yt, and pc with lower specs are running it in the 50's. Any idea of what's going on?

So Ryse Son of Rome won't go past 32fps regardless of what settings I use. Checked on yt, and pc with lower specs are running it in the 50's. Any idea of what's going on?

There is a game option that locks FPS to 30. Maybe that is causing it. Also if you are running vsync it could be halving your FPS if you don't have TB enabled as well.

But 32 is a weird number for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom