• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
well it's two and a half games tbh tho the most serious one is a stealth game

tho i spent a lot of time building a level editor and doing freelance stuff

are there any spiders in those games? ;)

r3n4ud

Here I am playing Evolved, and doing good. Long match, but fun. Get into a battle with the monster, and he throws a rock at me. Apparently he hit me so hard with the rock, my consciousness was ripped from the very fabric of space, because the moment it hit me, my screen went black and I got a protocol error / disconnected. Lol
Wow, talk about realistic game physics o_O

zkylon

zkylewd
are there any spiders in those games? ;)
lol. i had made like a pink space ant spider thing as my first placeholder enemy but i replaced that already

i actually had to work in a game with spiders in it once and i just used placeholder art until it was mandatory to hook them up since they were there background art i tried to not implement them at all and call it "cut content" but the artist got mad at me and forced me to do it

stupid artists...

Given that a lot of SteamGAF waits until sales and buys old games, is there a list somewhere of games released in 2014 to refresh our memories, and don't embarrass ourselves by nominating games from 2012?
don't worry someone usually makes a list when the voting starts

lashman

lol. i had made like a pink space ant spider thing as my first placeholder enemy but i replaced that already

i actually had to work in a game with spiders in it once and i just used placeholder art until it was mandatory to hook them up since they were there background art i tried to not implement them at all and call it "cut content" but the artist got mad at me and forced me to do it

stupid artists...

gee ... thanks ;) lol

MRORANGE

Given that a lot of SteamGAF waits until sales and buys old games, is there a list somewhere of games released in 2014 to refresh our memories, and don't embarrass ourselves by nominating games from 2012?

I do a background check on each game, usually I send a heads up when someone tries to submit HL2 when they send in the vote.

Deitus

Well since 2K decided to give like everybody in the world access to the Evolve "Alpha", I might as well give it a try. Would anyone like to join me?

Can anyone refresh my memory? I can only remember South Park from the first half of 2014.

Dark Souls 2 comes to mind.

header.jpg

I finished Muri, according to Steam it took me a little less than 2 hours to complete the game. As I already said before it works great emulating the feel of these old action platformers DOS games, I played all the game on the normal difficult and I think I should have already started on hard because in the end it felt a little too easy. The levels are well designed and the secrets are well placed so you have to look for a false wall, or a way to reach certain item.

I recommend it for those who are not averse of old school graphics and want something to bring the nostalgia.

Great impressions! The game is such a steal at 31 cents.

Sounds good. Bought.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Pakkidis, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

White Noise Online -- MB-37BD1071BEE11479 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-942C43356477C88E - Taken by provista. 4 entrants total.

t1414896736z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Can anyone refresh my memory? I can only remember South Park from the first half of 2014.
well i wish i had played south park but my list so far is (in no particular order):

dks2
shovel knight
divinity original sin
dead state (i loved what i played in early access and i bet i'll love the full game despite clunkiness and other quirks)
tits

MRORANGE

The Wolf Among Us's last 4 episodes were released in 2014, does that also make it eligible?

Can't count, sorry:

25 | The Wolf Among Us ( 29 Points / 3.625 APS )

The last time we went with the rule that if a episodic game got mentioned in 2013 that it could not be resubmitted again in 2014, even if content still came out in 2014, I think it was because of JaseC and Kentucky Route Zero.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Evolve Alpha #4 -- MB-87A4953489D3F2A5 - Taken by Big_Al
Evolve Alpha #3 -- MB-1E92D32C0891FD27
Evolve Alpha #2 -- MB-A0FE99E2726A58EC
Evolve Alpha -- MB-08A4D1DC47DEAF3B

Parsnip

I for once admired yakkue, docseuss and nbnt for various reasons. I wouldn't mind wearing one of their avatar for a day. Maybe we can have a "Gaffer Appreciation Day"
That would be a really confusing day.

I wore a series of (slightly modified) steam mascot saoirse faces during the summercamp sale, and even I was confused when I saw my own posts.

GOTY and Steam GOTY will be interesting, I've actually played and finished some games this year.

Also, anyone looking to refresh what was released this year on Steam, just use Steam search?

Some goodies:

Divinity: Original Sin
Dark Souls II
Alien: Isolation
The Evil Within
Legend of Grimrock 2
Nidhogg
The Banner Saga
Banished
Escape Goat 2
South Park: The Stick of Truth
The Walking Dead: Season Two
TowerFall Ascension
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
Trials Fusion
Wargame: Red Dragon
Sir, You Are Being Hunted
Transistor
Shovel Knight
Wasteland 2
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Ports/re-releases:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition
BattleBlock Theater

Wait and see:

Assassin's Creed Unity
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Valkyria Chronicles

Khronico

1. Payday 2
2. Payday 2
3. Payday 2
4. Payday 2
5. Payday 2

Actually I managed to play some games that did come out this year. Endless Legend is fantastic, Sniper Elite 3 was awesome, and Dark Souls 2 was good.

Braag

So did Evolve just appear in everyone's steam library? Cause I never used an alpha key nor do I remember buying the game even though Steam store claims I own it.

nvm, apparently that's the case cause all my friends seem to "own" it as well.

user237

I'll be voting for Elder Scrolls Online as GOTY.

I didn't buy it on Steam, but it was released there, so it counts.

Update 1.5 is coming in a few days so it's a good time to start playing if you haven't already.

lashman

Bah. You're only pissing jase off with that kind of talk :p

mandatory:

GameSpy: So when's the PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: October 30th.

GameSpy: Yeah, but when's the real PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: It's October 30th.

GameSpy: Uh huh. And can you say that with a straight face?

Ubisoft PR: You can ask me as many times as you like, but the answer will be the same.

GameSpy: Very well, let's move on. So, when will you announce the delay of the PC version?

Ubisoft PR: ...

So did Evolve just appear in everyone's steam library? Cause I never used an alpha key nor do I remember buying the game even though Steam store claims I own it.

nvm, apparently that's the case cause all my friends seem to "own" it as well.

It's the alpha, you got a copy because you own XCOM: EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom