• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
Gratz. I hate being the monster. The one time I had to play, I mainly jumped against walls.

Maybe we're talking about the same match, lol
Would've been an interesting coincidence.
OH GOD YES. I love that game!
Who knows. Could've been!
And I'm personally a huge fan of being the monster. I've fallen in love with the Goliath. Although I unlock the kraken in a match or two...

My heart :(

What I was trying to say is that for those that like to sport pictures of a particular celebrity because of their beauty or likability. Why not sport a picture of a gafers instead? Like someone you admired?

I for once admired yakkue, docseuss and nbnt for various reasons. I wouldn't mind wearing one of their avatar for a day. Maybe we can have a "Gaffer Appreciation Day"

There are some pretty awesome people on GAF.

I feel like I'm talking out of my butt, I'm sorry if I still don't make any sense.

You should watch some movies, some shows. Surely there will be someone that catches your eyes :p

My fingers truly need to got gud. I recently found out what Typing of the Dead was. I would fail at that game so hard Lol. I can't type fast enough.

My brother! I got the Collector Edition too! I'm going to sell my PS4 or PC copy to someone else since I already have the game. I can't wait. DAT Statue!
Yeah, I may do the same - Not sure though. I have a copy on GOG, but not steam! But yeah... The statue looks great. Really looking forward to it. mini-edit: You should obviously keep your PC copy. Dem graphix man, dem graphix. I'm looking forward to seeing Geralt's booty in even higher resolutions than ever before. INNOVATION

And I really, really, REALLY want Typing of the Dead. It looks awesome. I'm good at that there typing-y thangiemajiggidy.

PS:
You don't have a heart, you're a robot
yeah i wonder how that works

if people is fired after games are released or they just get shitty contracts that end when release ends and don't get renewed

hopefully that won't be the case

um this is making me uncomfortable

yeah but salsa left me forever so i wouldn't be able to appreciate anyone
I'ma sorru based zky. I wont waifunize you if it's making you uncomfortabru. :[

And yeah, I hope it's not some shitty situation like that.

Edit: Okay, so... Valve wants a lot of my personal info if I am to continue selling market stuff for the rest of the year... Ugh, anyone have any experience with this? It doesn't mean I'll suddenly get taxed on ridiculously small amounts of virtual money, does it? :p

Hilfe based Grief, Jase or other Steam power-users
/nubs

Anuvva edit: Scratch that. I read through their FAQ, and I'd only have a chance of that happening if I crossed the $20.000 mark... Yeah, uh, I really don't have that many hats and cards. :p

Tesseract

Banned
it's postponed until next weekend

my pm :

not ducking, i made a post and everything. can't play tonight, if we can't do it next weekend, i'll have to submit like a cum chump...

fuck, this sucks.

i'm stuck at uni, at least now we can stream it for y'all

zkylon

zkylewd
just realized arthea's avatar is super gross now

i used to have a realistic toy heart like that

my uncle really wanted me to be a doctor so he kept gifting me doctor like things when i was a kid like a stethoscope and that heart thing. the heart scared the shit out of me when i was like 8 so i threw it behind a couch

weirdly enough i started going to medschool to become a heart surgeon before i decided being broke and playing with gamemaker was a smart career choice

my uncle really wanted me to be a doctor so he kept gifting me doctor like things when i was a kid like a stethoscope and that heart thing. the heart scared the shit out of me when i was like 8 so i threw it behind a couch

weirdly enough i started going to medschool to become a heart surgeon before i decided being broke and playing with gamemaker was a smart career choice

Parents are weird, they always think they know best and in many situations it's the opposite.

I guess I'm gonna be an awful parent.

Kiru

Today I realized that zkylon probably can't play Diablo 3 because of the spiders in Act 1. Sucks to have that kind of fear.
Wasn't that already on gog?
You're right they released it on GOG already. It also got greenlit on Steam, just waiting to get released here too. To be honest, I would only get it again on Steam :p

Fez Humble key

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HeebieJeebies, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fez -- MB-9D75EB56FF3A82CF - Taken by AsylumX. 1 entrants total.

t1414888936z1.png

kinda ... sorta ... I found one for $14 :/
Aw, man. Sucks.
But dude you have lots of other great games. You could wait for another chance of price mistake ;)
Damn, when did you get over 1000 games?!
guys, i'm gonna be playing best of 5 ultra sfiv soon v. DoktorEvil for the final rights to post everyone's favorite puppet gif.
in case i don't get another chance, here's to the finest crew on neogaf :
http://i.minus.com/iK09ut2lpMZ3j.gif
Ha! I saw you posting that - admittedly awesome - gif so many times already. Good luck.
Medschool dropouts.. UNITE!

zkylon

zkylewd
Today I realized that zkylon probably can't play Diablo 3 because of the spiders in Act 1. Sucks to have that kind of fear.
well i don't like diablo anyways so no biggie

i really wish i could play resident evil/thief tho

be patient, I'll change it back, when I feel like it

you are such a gentle soul, I have no idea how you survive in this world (><)
lol it's not that bad

i'm tougher than i make myself look

Parents are weird, they always think they know best and in many situations it's the opposite.

I guess I'm gonna be an awful parent.
well i'm not sure if you got your sex ed class yet but your uncle is not your dad

Medschool dropouts.. UNITE!
high five!

if i had two lives i'd probably give medschool a shot

it's my second passion for sure

well i don't like diablo anyways so no biggie

i really wish i could play resident evil/thief tho

lol it's not that bad

i'm tougher than i make myself look

well i'm not sure if you got your sex ed class yet but your uncle is not your dad

high five!

Ouch, can't believe I missed that.

high five!
I actually enjoyed skinning, opening, gutting and finally sawing off the head of our dead body in class.
Human body is unbelievably fascinating. So much detail. Such a perfect system.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm amazed Zkylon finds anything to play. Spiders are everywhere.
ehh it's not that bad, i wish it were different but everyone has problems, fortunately mine are sometimes moddable :p

I actually enjoyed skinning, opening, gutting and finally sawing off the head of our dead body in class.
Human body is unbelievably fascinating. So much detail. Such a perfect system.
yeah i didn't get to the dead bodies part (i dropped out really really early) but i love it

i think i probably wouldn't have gone through with surgery and just become a regular md tho. i have pretty high tolerance for real life gruesomeness but i think i probably would've preferred the people part of medicine

I bought the Guacamelee STCE with soundtrack version, and it added the soundtrack as DLC to the Gold version of the game. What happens if you bought the STCE with soundtrack version without owning the Gold version of the game? Would it not let you purchase it?

Majukun

is there any game on steam that it's basically like the telltale games 8walking dead,the wolf among us) but where choice actually matters?

I liked the first episode of walking dead i tried,but only until I replayed to try other decisions and ended up in the same exact situation

I suppose the wolf among us suffers from the same "problem"?

Josman

I thought Dark Souls would be on sale given it's a Halloween sale :(

Got L4D2, Dead Space 2, Fallout:NV UE and Amnesia the dark descent, being a new PC gamer, these Steam sales are blowing my mind, In just 3 months I got 20 good games (and some Origin games)

header.jpg

I finished Muri, according to Steam it took me a little less than 2 hours to complete the game. As I already said before it works great emulating the feel of these old action platformers DOS games, I played all the game on the normal difficult and I think I should have already started on hard because in the end it felt a little too easy. The levels are well designed and the secrets are well placed so you have to look for a false wall, or a way to reach certain item.

I recommend it for those who are not averse of old school graphics and want something to bring the nostalgia.

After two days of downloading, my download of Alien: Isolation is now in the final 30 minutes stretch. Yay!

Hopefully it's not corrupt, or I have to download a patch again so I can play other games. With these speeds, I am so eager to play Wolf: TNO (50Gigs) or FFXIII (60Gigs).

header.jpg

I finished Muri, according to Steam it took me a little less than 2 hours to complete the game. As I already said before it works great emulating the feel of these old action platformers DOS games, I played all the game on the normal difficult and I think I should have already started on hard because in the end it felt a little too easy. The levels are well designed and the secrets are well placed so you have to look for a false wall, or a way to reach certain item.

I recommend it for those who are not averse of old school graphics and want something to bring the nostalgia.

Thanks. Just bought it :)

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah, I may do the same - Not sure though. I have a copy on GOG, but not steam! But yeah... The statue looks great. Really looking forward to it. mini-edit: You should obviously keep your PC copy. Dem graphix man, dem graphix. I'm looking forward to seeing Geralt's booty in even higher resolutions than ever before. INNOVATION

PS:
You don't have a heart, you're a robot
I already have a PC version. A friend wanted to buy my PS4 copy. I'm just going to keep my physical stuff.

Also I'm the shadow of the net.

Maniac

Banned
I already have a PC version. A friend wanted to buy my PS4 copy. I'm just going to keep my physical stuff.

Also I'm the shadow of the net.
Literally Agent Smith.

And man o man o man o man o man o man I'm excited for The Witcher 3. My CE can't get here soon enough... Wish GOG gave out Steam keys though. It feels redundant having a version from the CE that I can activate on Steam and GOG when I already have it on GOG >_<'

header.jpg

Great impressions! The game is such a steal at 31 cents.

MRORANGE

jHvBOTN.png

So a reminder that the 2nd SteamGAF GOTY awards will be hitting December/January, it's a good idea to finish off any games that you feel have potential that were released this year.

Last year's nail-biting results.

A few changes/notes to this year:

- APS (Average Point Score) determines who wins if a game is tied in points
- Option to reflect or write a summary on your 1# game - will be used in inaugural award ceremony
- Time given in January so people can post who they felt was the best game of 2014
- 5 games max limit, 1# will get 5 points and 2# will get 4 and so on...
- Episodic content can only be allowed into the contest if it starts in 2014
- New thread for awards might be a good idea

If you have any pointers then please give a shout, more info in the future will come on how to vote.

zkylon

zkylewd
no christine love game this year for me to champion unfortunately. this year i'm gonna skip the soundtrack thread and just go for regular goty + steam goty. which are probably gonna be the exact same since i don't think i can confidently fill up a top 10 list anyways. list isn't too bad tho i guess it's kinda weird i haven't played rogue legacy yet. i feel like a lot of people had pretty negative feelings about the game looking back so i was never too interested

anywho big milestone for me (around 750 of those were this year)

iTnOSBD78Psds.png

slowly getting there tho still nowhere near something i'd be comfortable showing

zkylon

zkylewd
heh mroange used my steam review of gone home for the top 10 thingie

gone home was such a cool game

Impressive, what's your game about?
well it's two and a half games tbh tho the most serious one is a stealth game

tho i spent a lot of time building a level editor and doing freelance stuff

xBladeM6x

Here I am playing Evolved, and doing good. Long match, but fun. Get into a battle with the monster, and he throws a rock at me. Apparently he hit me so hard with the rock, my consciousness was ripped from the very fabric of space, because the moment it hit me, my screen went black and I got a protocol error / disconnected. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom