• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

DukeBobby

Anyone played Broken Sword 5, any good?
I just realized that despite being super hype when they kickstarted it, I actually haven't launched it yet. It's maybe time to do so.

edit: Apparently I have idled 20 hours on it though. Overnight idling before idlemaster, those were dark times.

I played it back in July and enjoyed it.

It's not as good as 1 & 2, but if you're a fan of the series, it's definitely worth playing.

Tecl0n

Wow, when I went to sleep I had around $1.50 in my Steam wallet and a bunch of animu cards on the market. When I woke up I had around $1.50 in my Steam wallet and a bunch of animu cards on the market. It's been a while since I've really sold anything on the market, but they are definitely not moving as fast as I remember.

Maybe you were undercut?

iosefe

Wow, when I went to sleep I had around $1.50 in my Steam wallet and a bunch of animu cards on the market. When I woke up I had around $1.50 in my Steam wallet and a bunch of animu cards on the market. It's been a while since I've really sold anything on the market, but they are definitely not moving as fast as I remember.

drop the price by 2 cents?

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, he mentioned that they have numerous programmers and the likes attached on a contractual basis. I don't think any of said inhouse devs are going to disappear, since they're not doing contract work, it'd not even save a lot of money booting them, and the plan for Evolve is to support it for several years if possible. So we'll see I guess. :p
i mean if they go for like a league of legends (or dota i guess) thing of doing patches every month and adding shit all the time then it should be ok

the problem is always when devs hire extra people to crunch a project and then they find themselves paying salary for fifty or a hundred projectless employees. happened to obsidian after new vegas for instance

Eh, play as the monster. No need to worry about the first person shootering!
nah i like the shootering best. at least in l4d i liked that better. well i didn't really like the versus mode all that much in general

And does this mean no more jerk vampire zky? :(
who?

Gotta say, that list of yours gave me a headache. Too much beauty for one post, init. I think I should waifunize zky though.
i don't know what that means but pls don't -_-

http://wastedonlol.com/

it defaults to EUW, so make sure to change it

*edit* Shen'd. those hours though
casual

Maniac

Banned

Uh, I played one competitive in CS:GO and when I came back, I had earned about 21 euros. Mind you most of this was from TF2 items like the alien ones and some foil cards and stuff. But also some regular cards. The more popular the title is, the faster the card-river flows!

Ofcourse, you also have to factor in if the badge and it's unlocks in and of themselves are popular.
i mean if they go for like a league of legends (or dota i guess) thing of doing patches every month and adding shit all the time then it should be ok

the problem is always when devs hire extra people to crunch a project and then they find themselves paying salary for fifty or a hundred projectless employees. happened to obsidian after new vegas for instance
It sucks when that happends. But in this case it sounds like all of those have been contracted out, or atleast the majority. (Possibly with some help to be found within 2K itself as with Borderlands and Bioshock)

nah i like the shootering best. at least in l4d i liked that better. well i didn't really like the versus mode all that much in general
Fair enough! To each their own. I love how asynchronous it is though.

Uh, I, nevermind. Noone. You saw nothing!

i don't know what that means but pls don't -_-
You know you want it <3

Maniac

Banned
My fastest match-win in Evolve is now one minute and 57 seconds. And I even Evolved before I killed them all.

Damn if it wasn't fucking glorious.

Mind you my longest was something like 25-30 minutes. :p

15 more days till HL2 will also be 10 years old.

I really wonder if Valve will do anything on that day.

They didn't do anything for Steam's 10th anniversary, they sure as hell won't do anything for this. Just keep quiet and torment the fandom like they've been doing for almost a decade.

My fastest match-win in Evolve is now one minute and 57 seconds. And I even Evolved before I killed them all.

If the hunter team doesn't have a trapper that knows his/her stuff, then the monster pretty much always wins.

Chariot

Gratz. I hate being the monster. The one time I had to play, I mainly jumped against walls.

Lol. Sounds brilliant. I did the same my first match though. XD
Maybe we're talking about the same match, lol
Would've been an interesting coincidence.
I just realized that Liquid Entertainment will relaunch Batte Realms on GOG & Steam soon...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtoAQt8eVP4
They are also working on their card game Battle Realms Legends in the meantime. All that is going to fund them Battle Realms 2. Can't wait.
OH GOD YES. I love that game!

Shadownet

Banned
what are you translating from.
My heart :(

What I was trying to say is that for those that like to sport pictures of a particular celebrity because of their beauty or likability. Why not sport a picture of a gafers instead? Like someone you admired?

I for once admired yakkue, docseuss and nbnt for various reasons. I wouldn't mind wearing one of their avatar for a day. Maybe we can have a "Gaffer Appreciation Day"

There are some pretty awesome people on GAF.

I feel like I'm talking out of my butt, I'm sorry if I still don't make any sense.
Gotta say, that list of yours gave me a headache. Too much beauty for one post, init. I think I should waifunize zky though.

Brain is no good, is vey hard. brain is hard. finger is no gut. is hard. git gud.

Oh, speaking of git gud and The Witcher 3; Screw your 20% off. I've preordered the Collectors Edition :p
It may be nerdy as hell, but I fully intend to wear that damn wolf talisman.
You should watch some movies, some shows. Surely there will be someone that catches your eyes :p

My fingers truly need to got gud. I recently found out what Typing of the Dead was. I would fail at that game so hard Lol. I can't type fast enough.

My brother! I got the Collector Edition too! I'm going to sell my PS4 or PC copy to someone else since I already have the game. I can't wait. DAT Statue!

Tenrius

I've finished Shadowgate and got nine achievements. There are sixty in total, SIXTY. That's kinda insane for a game with only several hours in content. Most of those achievements are unlocked by playing the game on a specific difficulty setting or in a particular way.

Turfster

How is it though to everyone that has played and what does it look like on PC?

Meh. Gameplay is limited and boring, and the fact that you can basically only play with randos in the alpha is the most idiotic thing ever.

It's... pretty enough, I guess? It's all atmospheric darkness so half the time you can't see shit.
Runs like it fell into a bucket of molasses too, because Cryengine.

Shadownet

Banned
I've finished Shadowgate and got nine achievements. There are sixty in total, SIXTY. That's kinda insane for a game with only several hours in content. Most of those achievements are unlocked by playing the game on a specific difficulty setting or in a particular way.

How is the game? Do you like it? I was thinking of getting it. I never play a straight up point and click adventure game like it before. Very old school.

Tesseract

Banned
guys, i'm gonna be playing best of 5 ultra sfiv soon v. DoktorEvil for the final rights to post everyone's favorite puppet gif.

in case i don't get another chance, here's to the finest crew on neogaf :

iK09ut2lpMZ3j.gif

zkylon

zkylewd

well i meant who even plays shen anyways :p

It sucks when that happends. But in this case it sounds like all of those have been contracted out, or atleast the majority. (Possibly with some help to be found within 2K itself as with Borderlands and Bioshock)
yeah i wonder how that works

if people is fired after games are released or they just get shitty contracts that end when release ends and don't get renewed

hopefully that won't be the case

You know you want it <3
um this is making me uncomfortable

My heart :(

What I was trying to say is that for those that like to sport pictures of a particular celebrity because of their beauty or likability. Why not sport a picture of a gafers instead? Like someone you admired?

I for once admired yakkue, docseuss and nbnt for various reasons. I wouldn't mind wearing one of their avatar for a day. Maybe we can have a "Gaffer Appreciation Day"

There are some pretty awesome people on GAF.

I feel like I'm talking out of my butt, I'm sorry if I still don't make any sense.
yeah but salsa left me forever so i wouldn't be able to appreciate anyone

so like yea, feel free to take it. :)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Evolve Alpha? Evolve Alpha. -- MB-27AD0174085F4EFE

boy my post was seriously the last in the page? lame. reposting for new page.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Evolve Alpha? Evolve Alpha. -- MB-27AD0174085F4EFE

-MD-

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Evolve Alpha 8 -- MB-B50D889C021BB384
Evolve Alpha 5 -- MB-B4330F74D574BCBB
Evolve Alpha 4 -- MB-8E78EB9BF3DB96BC
Evolve Alpha 7 -- MB-65BA53EA3A81833D
Evolve Alpha 6 -- MB-66DA0D980F40E3B1
Evolve Alpha 1 -- MB-A636BFB7213FC6D7
Evolve Alpha 3 -- MB-78A8A6E63B6326BB
Evolve Alpha 2 -- MB-9F82B37ECE6441BD

Have at it, fellas.

iosefe

well i meant who even plays shen anyways :p
not me. i'm more of a Braum, Leona, Taric, Velkoz, and Fiddlesticks kinda guy, with a side of Nami

it's been a long time since i had the urge to play league. this is a problem. so lets end this train of thought

I went through and checked my prices on my cards and one of the ones I was selling had a buy order for one cent less than I was selling it for. So I lowered it and sold it immediately. But with a couple of my cards there's nearly 40 cents difference between the lowest sale price and the highest buy order.

Tenrius

How is the game? Do you like it? I was thinking of getting it. I never play a straight up point and click adventure game like it before. Very old school.

It was great. Great atmosphere, beautiful art, mostly fun puzzles. It's actually a bit simplistic as far as adventure games go, but it's understandable since it's a NES game (I'm more used to the likes of Monkey Island and the Sierra adventure games).

It's not like you get a minute-long video EXPLAINING THE CLASS the first time you play it, right? =p

Indeed, that's what kills me. They get a video explaining everything and yet they play like it's something else. I've seen trappers never using the dome or the harpoon traps, crazy stuff.

Pakkidis

Some games for you.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

White Noise Online -- MB-37BD1071BEE11479 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-942C43356477C88E - Taken by provista. 4 entrants total.

t1414896736z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom