• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, right?
It also apparently no longer autoselects a random choice when skipping dialog.

It was half a joke. Bioware games haven't had jump buttons, even when they really could use them.
Come join us!

Also last nvidia driver made the game run a lot better, it's like black magic.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Also, I'm rolling AMD on the main gaming system =p

misfits.gif

Jawmuncher

Come join us!

Also last nvidia driver made the game run a lot better, it's like black magic.

Its running about the same for me on my nvidia 660.
Never goes below 30 but it fluctuates. However it seems to stay at 45fps.
This is with the "optimal" setting from the nvidia Geforce Experience.
Think I just need to mess around with it. Hate how you have to reset the game.

Its running about the same for me on my nvidia 660.
Never goes below 30 but it fluctuates. However it seems to stay at 45fps.
This is with the "optimal" setting from the nvidia Geforce Experience.
Think I just need to mess around with it. Hate how you have to reset the game.
At least it's not on CoD:AW's level.

Jawmuncher

At least it's not on CoD:AW's level.

Yeah the stuff I heard there made me pass it.
While I would like a steady 60FPS expierence, i'm still really enjoying the game so i'm fine with how it is. Will be nice to play later with a better Graphics Card. Hopefully I have one by the time the DLC hits.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of MulderWasTaken, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MulderWasTaken, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Strategic War in Europe -- MB-50FE9FCF5EBDA82C - Taken by hepburn3d. 3 entrants total.
Biglands: A Game Made By Kids -- MB-DC1FB6516B7EE2DC - Taken by Catshade. 9 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-47C0CD6646F8FBF1 - Taken by cyborg009. 5 entrants total.
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-8AE7E974F33A0A5F - Taken by Deadbeat. 2 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-F7EC12D5E4E3D3F4 - Taken by Jirotrom. 4 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for RADical ROACH failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1416377327z1.png

Tenrius

Journal is kind of gloomy. It does a good job of providing you with an authentic experience of talking to a rude homeless man on the street out of desperation after you've lost the very few friends you had despite trying to do your best.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
You guys seriously think the new REREmake screens look good?

All I see are badly upscaled backgrounds, and it makes me sad.

Some of the shots in the post linked earlier looked fine, if obviously not how it was originally intended. That shot in particular did not fare very well. I've had the unpopular opinion since the start that it looked ugly as sin. Some of the more recent shots have come out looking far better though, so I haven't written it entirely off yet.

-MD-

The game untouched looks great to me so anything they do to improve it is just icing.

I never asked for a remaster in the first place, I would've been happy with just a port.

Tenrius

I posted about this earlier, based on some side-by-side comparisons I saw, I really prefer the original even despite that it's in inferior resolution.

wilflare

Can't answer your question as I'm wondering the same thing too.

But since it is the same subject, what are the inherent disadvantages to using a TV as a monitor instead of an actual monitor itself?

EDIT: It's Chariot's birthday? Happy birthday Chariot!

I'm just curious... trying to see how playing Aliens on the big screen would be like

and Happy Birthday Chariot :D

Parsnip

I wish they'd just leave the backgrounds untouched rather than this whatever god awful filter they are using. It's especially jarring when a part of the scene is obviously had a new 3d modeled blob inserted in there, but the rest looks like poop. It's such an uneven and half-assed look. REmake deserves better.

Though like I said in the other thread as well, they still have some times until the pc etc versions come out, so maybe they are still working on some of the worst rooms. But they really should have a nearest-neighbor scaled backgrounds in there as an option.

Knurek

Wrapped up game #101 of the year:
header.jpg

Pretty much the Call of Duty experience without shooting, explosions and jingoism.
So, way, way better than Call of Duty.

Today is pretty much the 19th so it's my 20th birthday and one year anniversary on NeoGAF!

It's been around five months since I found the Steam thread and as a result, I gained 750+ games to my Steam library (haven't been able to play much though, why did I have to take seven courses this term OTL). Thank you all for the game recommendations and reviews! I really enjoy my time here! :D

Here's something back. Mostly bundle stuff, but hopefully there's something for everyone.

Also, please be my friend. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 34 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crusader Kings II Plus DLC -- MB-925F6635FAD47607 - Taken by Faabulous. 7 entrants total.
Gone Home With Soundtrack -- MB-F8A4F0709C1B28FD - Taken by Naked Snake. 17 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Prison Architect -- MB-C950E87F79A973BF - Taken by TheLight. 60 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition -- MB-AF00834BEDCB3B84 - Taken by hepburn3d. 1 entrants total.
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-D71E5DB98AA0CD76 - Taken by DocSeuss. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM EDITION -- MB-2481B41988CBEF71 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 39 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-66CDFB3270A26785 - Taken by Vlad. 2 entrants total.
Unholy Heights -- MB-D9733D7D58752EF1 - Taken by SilentMatthew. 8 entrants total.
Astebreed -- MB-3CE4BF9811E3A47C - Taken by provista. 46 entrants total.
Whispering Willows -- MB-9A5289CBC8AA7AC5 - Taken by Madn. 7 entrants total.
Snow Light -- MB-2D8B65A72CFB029A - Taken by Vuze. 3 entrants total.
Knytt Underground -- MB-6B859180785E61D5 - Taken by Benedict. 4 entrants total.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Complete Pack -- MB-9A168F43BD73626B - Taken by Kiru. 10 entrants total.
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-3072D0D0403F355B - Taken by Zeeman. 6 entrants total.
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae -- MB-F47C9EA9FA02BABF - Taken by Kuroyume. 27 entrants total.
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-7E163E7201FFE3DF - Taken by Shadownet. 7 entrants total.
Rock of Ages -- MB-CB7B606B2083CDF7 - Taken by freshVeggie. 2 entrants total.
Depth Hunter 2 Deep Dive -- MB-3589CBEEAA59BABD - Taken by redlacs. 3 entrants total.
The Bridge -- MB-79B7BA2A3CE3467D - Taken by Sajjaja. 3 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-52EA7319688EB2D8 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 29 entrants total.

The Last Remnant -- MB-B545CEF486410D74 - Taken by dave is ok. 15 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-513FA978D99DE114 - Taken by Madn. 4 entrants total.
Race the Sun -- MB-97BDA0CC9268155D - Taken by iosefe. 11 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-9A2B71E7D1087790 - Taken by denx. 1 entrants total.
Expeditions Conquistador -- MB-5377558B9C88DE83 - Taken by Servizio. 3 entrants total.
GIGANTIC ARMY -- MB-EC314196BB70276A - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
LUFTRAUSERS -- MB-D7B4A4E2179F6B48 - Taken by madjoki. 29 entrants total.
Mount & Blade -- MB-BC6A267FAB42CAA0 - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
Gunpoint -- MB-637377CACFB0D637 - Taken by Last Baron. 4 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-60AA0FFF3B7C9BD1 - Taken by WavekSra. 3 entrants total.
QbQbQb -- MB-8199428C974397B2 - Taken by alr1ght. 8 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-90C8F7085D0154E0 - Taken by DillonMabry. 3 entrants total.
Papers, Please -- MB-CFBFB9C22B47A80D - Taken by eyeless. 16 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-E1D163AE53B85A75 - Taken by RyanPierre. 17 entrants total.

t1416461448z1.png

Tenrius

Wrapped up game #101 of the year:
header.jpg

Pretty much the Call of Duty experience without shooting, explosions and jingoism.
So, way, way better than Call of Duty.

Woah. I'm only at 36, which is less that last year's 45. Then again, it's been a very busy year for me.

zkylon

zkylewd
Today is pretty much the 19th so it's my 20th birthday and one year anniversary on NeoGAF!

It's been around five months since I found the Steam thread and as a result, I gained 750+ games to my Steam library (haven't been able to play much though, why did I have to take seven courses this term OTL). Thank you all for the game recommendations and reviews! I really enjoy my time here! :D

Here's something back. Mostly bundle stuff, but hopefully there's something for everyone.

you're so young T_T

great giveaway tho, the gone home soundtrack is delicious

also happy birthday, go partying!

Tenrius

Happy Birthday Chariot and WinterDemons.

you're so young T_T

great giveaway tho, the gone home soundtrack is delicious

also happy birthday, go partying!

Come to think about it, I don't have a very clear idea of what the average age of people in this community is. I'm 21, for example.

oipic

Happy Birthday, WinterDemons (and congrats on the anniversary!) - hope you can spoil yourself with yet another new game today, or have some quality gaming time.

Great giveaway, too - thanks. Some great titles in there.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Alright SteamGAF, headin out for a road trip til next tuesday. I'll be at the mercy of shitty hotel wifi and unstable cell phone signal til then so if I can't keep up with you, don't get us moved into Gaming or anything while I'm gone. I'll be back, assuming the state of Florida doesn't kill me while I'm down there. Stay lovely <3.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Alright SteamGAF, headin out for a road trip til next tuesday. I'll be at the mercy of shitty hotel wifi and unstable cell phone signal til then so if I can't keep up with you, don't get us moved into Gaming or anything while I'm gone. I'll be back, assuming the state of Florida doesn't kill me while I'm down there. Stay lovely <3.

Avoid the crazies. So basically, avoid everyone.

Spyware

Wow. I just played 7 hours of Far Cry 3 instead of sleeping :D
I didn't know this was the game I've apparently been longing for all month. I'm so happy I got Far Cry 4 too so I can keep playing when it's over :D

Many conga rats to you! Happy birthday!

Shadownet

Banned

Florida has zombies. Be careful.

Does it have Optimus? That thing is still screwy.

I dont think so? It mostly has to do with my cpu, my video card is evidently okay.

I have a i7 4700HQ at 2.4Ghz while the minimum is an i5-750 2.6 Ghz

Oh well this laptop is doing me well although its a big fucking distraction when i take it to class. When it dies, I'll get myself a rig. That'll give me some time to save up haha

zkylon

zkylewd
divinity's crafting system is pretty mindblowingly half-baked, there's like hundreds of recipes and uses requiring different skills and anvils and shit but then it's just a mess to actually do it, it's crazy

i wonder if they'll do a big patch some day and actually finish it some day

i really wish divinity was over already, it definitely didn't manage to keep me hooked this long, tho i think the way it develops its story is really good and new spells are cool and all that, but i think quest design has lost quality and the combat is not getting much more interesting. plus there are ton of these annoying ass pixel hunting puzzles

i really wanna run play valkyria but i need to finish this first -__-

Bummer... was actually looking to get this. :(

how could you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom