• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
got these two for now

iSontoZZUBLS.PNG
ibvNc9ArIlDbKX.PNG

gonna make me some soup and try the third one. curly hair is hard so but i think they're somewhat acceptable

also i tried flipping you current avatar but he looks pretty creepy lol

Thanks! This should look a bit better now.

UUUGHHHH Been unable to get Steam to work for the past week.

Anyone have a solution for this problem?:

I open client, enter my username and password, new window appears saying verifying installation (sometimes it says updates), window closes and log in window appears again asking me for password. It goes on a loop and never lets me actually log on.

Help ]]]; I need Valkyria Chronicles

Maniac

Banned
got these two for now

iSontoZZUBLS.PNG
ii5E9x8lWHTI6.PNG
iZX3LNf1tDEQK.PNG

gonna make me some soup and try the third one. curly hair is hard so but i think they're somewhat acceptable

also i tried flipping you current avatar but he looks pretty creepy lol

edit: added third guy. not sure if they'll work, had to cut a lot of loose hair and stuff, but they look better in dark neogaf. i wouldn't use the middle one tho, it's too shiny
That's a trillion times better. Great job Zky!
Thanks! This should look a bit better now.
"A bit" doesn't convey how vast an improvement this is. It's like going from 30 fps to 60. Or hell, all the way up to 144. With lightboost.
I agree. She's talented but her videos are hard to watch.
I quite like the video of her duet with John Legend. It's simplistic. Beautifully shot and doesn't contain cosplay, unlike most of her stuff.

Although I do really love some of her vidya covers, and some of the accompanying cosplay is pretty good.

Turfster

UUUGHHHH Been unable to get Steam to work for the past week.

Anyone have a solution for this problem?:
Were you running vanilla steam or beta steam?

Have you tried deleting your clientregistry.blob file?
(The hardcore "steam isn't working, this is the last option" is to delete everything but Steam.exe and the steamapps directory in your Steam directory)

fallout

ModBot said:
Instructions for fallout:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fallout, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher 2 (GOG) -- MB-03F798B25B0C6696 - Taken by Naked Snake
The GOG thread is pretty slow. Hopefully this goes to a good home.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nice ones, zkylon. I know some who are put off by cleaned up versions, but good to see jshackles isn't one of them :)

Nope, I'm all about the "best experience for everyone".

Now if some helpful mod could make the Youtube link in my tag go somewhere...

REmake is going to be such a pleasure to go through again. I remember skipping class and going into EB to buy a gamecube and it. Great day. Don't rememember jack shit about the game, so I'm pleased with my horrible memory as well.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So, uh, does Microsoft not want Fable games to sell in certain regions or something?

This is the second time the promo window says it's 50% off, yet the game is only 33% off.

Were you running vanilla steam or beta steam?

Have you tried deleting your clientregistry.blob file?
(The hardcore "steam isn't working, this is the last option" is to delete everything but Steam.exe and the steamapps directory in your Steam directory)

I did the delete everything except .exe and steamapps, didnt work. I deleted the .blob file, only 1 game had it. Nothings working.

Also I was on beta steam. ]];

Will a system restore to a week ago work?

Pakkidis

So, uh, does Microsoft not want Fable games to sell in certain regions or something?

This is the second time the promo window says it's 50% off, yet the game is only 33% off.

I believe its 50% off the DLC and 33% off the main game. They just positioned the numbers and wording poorly.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's a trillion times better. Great job Zky!

"A bit" doesn't convey how vast an improvement this is. It's like going from 30 fps to 60. Or hell, all the way up to 144. With lightboost.
Nice ones, zkylon. I know some who are put off by cleaned up versions, but good to see jshackles isn't one of them :)
tyty

hair is annoying -_-

New screens, comparison images for Resident Evil HD.

Nice to see hear they're paying attention to the audio quality as well according to the store page. Just let me prepurchase this already Capcom.
i'm tempted but ehhh :/

This doesn't exactly mean anything to us, but looking at it feels pretty good. Dark Souls:
oh yeah

it's coming

imma 60 fps it and try something new

maybe daggers

GaussTek

More Witcher 2 from GOG, in case you missed to to the stamps, etc...

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher 2 (GOG) -- MB-E3A80E0BE44F683D - Taken by cardinalmind

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Game is looking absolutely lovely now.

Yeah, I may be misremembering but it seems Capcom took the image quality concerns to heart and has improved/switched upscaling methods.

Nope, I'm all about the "best experience for everyone".

Now if some helpful mod could make the Youtube link in my tag go somewhere...

Mods can't edit the tags of other users, just their own. PM Stump (or another admin) about it.

Tellaerin

Sitting here waiting for my old Nexus 7 (2012 model) to finish installing Lollipop. It's taking forever. >.> Glad Google made the update available to owners of the older models, though.

I'll get to working on a better version of this avatar later. Need to stop looking at Photoshop for awhile.

So, yeah. Stuff and things.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tellaerin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher 2 (GOG) -- MB-1F9C3FFF7987AAAE - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.
GRID -- MB-0A9A01260928B7EE - Taken by adriano999. 10 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-7C354A033B1CC60F - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 2 entrants total.

t1416360707z1.png

Jawmuncher

Sitting here waiting for my old Nexus 7 (2012 model) to finish installing Lollipop. It's taking forever. >.> Glad Google made the update available to owners of the older models, though.

I'll get to working on a better version of this avatar later. Need to stop looking at Photoshop for awhile.

So, yeah. Stuff and things.

Nice Avatar.

Omega

Banned
is Steam acting up for anyone else? it's super slow for me right now, stuff like the store won't even load. not to mention constantly losing connection.

latter part is normal Steam stuff, but it's never performed so slowly for me

Tellaerin

Nice Avatar.

Thanks, Jawmuncher. : ) That was the best screenshot of T'Mar I could grab. zkylon felt it was a step down from my last avatar, so I said I'd try to find a better pic to work from when I could. (jshackles volunteered a couple of nice shots that I might use.)

Turfster

The Groupees Be Mine 16 page is up, with the first few drawings on it.
Possibilities: 1954 Alcatraz and Quest for Infamy

There's 75% off on Red Orchestra Franchise and the Tripwire Bundle on Steam.

Some stuff.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Euro Truck Simulator -- MB-5713B2BBE775FFFE - Taken by Sharkiller. 1 entrants total.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-CDBC7528D31FD1B2 - Taken by Sgt.Pepper. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
GRID 2 -- MB-EC832256C6AB2E7C - Taken by swx. 7 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-84F0399C3C3A5286 - Taken by Sarcasm. 3 entrants total.
GRID -- MB-431D2C63FC481FF9 - Taken by fallout. 5 entrants total.

t1416361727z1.png

JaseC

I wish Team17 would re-release Worms 2 already. Armageddon is my favourite of the bunch, but 2 isn't far behind.

Kagemusha

Some Desura, Steam, and ShinyLoot keys. They should all work. The ShinyLoot keys may give you Steam keys AFTER you enter the keys at http://www.shinyloot.com/redeem
ModBot said:
Instructions:

I am giving away 19 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Commando Jack -- MB-7ACB2CEA2206C87A - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Snow Light -- MB-C53B5E7F234ED10C - Taken by Jawmuncher. 5 entrants total.
Dungeons The Eye of Draconus -- MB-7D781A13DC582A8D - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.
Worms Armageddon -- MB-80C05A97158D3A6C - Taken by drakaenae. 8 entrants total.
REALMS OF THE HAUNTING -- MB-9552A3EE7EAC5A5A - Taken by Tesseract
SOULBRINGER (ShinyLoot) -- MB-FEE7EAD6DB1C72CE - Taken by Mikurden - Taken by PunishedSnake

ulgzbKC.png
100% ORANGE JUICE (Desura) -- MB-5830485D6816AB04 - Taken by Uraizen. 1 entrants total.
Depth Hunter 2 -- MB-849E689DF9B57763 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 4 entrants total.
Echo of The Wilds -- MB-2D1B900A8BAE00E0 - Taken by Yrael. 2 entrants total.
THE MYSTERIOUS CITIES OF GOLD -- MB-84507CFB77E0816C - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
GRAY MATTER (Shiny Loot) -- MB-C5BED5354AE945B5 - Taken by gabbo. 4 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
SOMETIMES (Desura) -- MB-6691F9E6A87D4DFD - Taken by Jason Frost
FREEDOM FALL -- MB-82537F5B3E6A91B0 - Taken by darkchewie. 4 entrants total.
Blast Em! -- MB-1515AC17BE6AA08C - Taken by salazar547. 2 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero -- MB-3AE15347720F52DC - Taken by Iron Badger. 5 entrants total.

t1416372647z1.png
x

Nabs

I wish Team17 would re-release Worms 2 already. Armageddon is my favourite of the bunch, but 2 isn't far behind.

How well does Worms 2 work on modern operating systems? Armageddon has gotten a crazy amount of fan updates through the years that made it perfect for a Steam release. Has there been any fan updates for Worms 2?

user237

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Worms Pinball -- MB-0A1157C88A947595 - Taken by Majukun
Worms Blast -- MB-1A92077000E14B0C - Taken by lindarasta
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-0784ADC9D7235413 - Taken by electroflame

take all three

Nevadatan

they used the same "strategy" with Games for Windows Live so its not as weird.
btw i always find your avatar very funny. dat happy kain.

So, uh, yeah. Just hit a game-breaking bug with Red Faction: Guerrilla. No way to get the next mission to start, even though I have literally nothing else to do.

Kind of a shame -- I was really enjoying it. Just not enough to restart from scratch.

JaseC

How well does Worms 2 work on modern operating systems? Armageddon has gotten a crazy amount of fan updates through the years that made it perfect for a Steam release. Has there been any fan updates for Worms 2?

saoirseshrug8njim.gif

I haven't played the game since I was 10. I got a lot of mileage out of that demo. I later bought Armageddon but the backorder took so damn long to be fulfilled (the game mustn't have had a long shelf life as this was only in 1999 or 2000) that by the time it arrived I'd lost interest.

Tellaerin

So, uh, yeah. Just hit a game-breaking bug with Red Faction: Guerrilla. No way to get the next mission to start, even though I have literally nothing else to do.

Kind of a shame -- I was really enjoying it. Just not enough to restart from scratch.

No more EDF outposts left to destroy, side missions to do, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom