• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

I can help you out. Hit me on steam and I'll send you some cards.
Hope you won't get burned as it looks preeeety early in dev.

But it's only nine-nintey-nine!

Cheers for the generous offer duder but I'll pick up a Steam wallet top up on Friday when I go to the store to pick up the New 3DS and GTA V
on PS4.

Sell those cards and buy yourself a poop emoticon. It's the best.

Shadownet

Banned
The sad thing is that FC4 runs a lot better than Unity, and doesn't have nearly the same amount of bugs.
The sad thing is that when we're talking about Ubi games nowadays. The first question isn't "is it good?" but "is it well optimized?"

I hears FC4 story/characters is okay, nothing to write home about like FC3.

That would be unfair though. FC4 seems to be very decent and polished on PC. Ubi does many things I really dislike but black and white thinking ain't good. I know you are not like that, I am just saying to all people.
Btw, how you doin man?

Yeah it seem much more polished than Unity, but that's not enough to sell me on it. Not more than "You can ride elephants!" either.
I'm doing alright, I hope you are too.

I'm also thinking I'm going to wreck you in CSGO. Hehe.

@Kiru: yes I did enjoy Shadow of Mordor a lot. But if you don't think you can run it. I would check the rules and see if you can maybe sell it. Then when you get a better GPU, I'm sure by that time the game would be a lot cheaper.

You can use the money to buy other games you can actually play now. Or you can just keep Mordor. But you won't be able to reap the benefit at the moment.

You guys seriously think the new REREmake screens look good?

All I see are badly upscaled backgrounds, and it makes me sad.
Badly upscaled backgrounds and crushed blacks. The PC version doesn't even make for a good preservation port.

It didn't look too bad imo, kinda liked the style and haven't played anything from this genre in a while. Well, sale 2016 it is

Yes, Shadowplay is amazing! I love that flashback recording and it's so easy on game performance compared to other solutions :)
Open Broadcast Software has the option to use the same codec as Shadowplay and has more leeway in terms of options if you feel the need for 'em, by the way.

The sad thing is that when we're talking about Ubi games nowadays. The first question isn't "is it good?" but "is it well optimized?"

The reason why no one asks "is x Ubisoft game good?" is because the answer is almost always "no."

Haha, two wildly different opinions on Casual. I'll just try. Thanks folks.

Oh crap, I always just use Casual and Competitive, not remembering that Casual is actually non-ranked Competitive and the real split is unranked (or something) and competitive.

Yeah, I agree that Casual is quite crap, but Demolition, Deathmatch and Arms Race are much fun

Shadownet

Banned
The reason why no one asks "is x Ubisoft game good?" is because the answer is almost always "no."
I really like Splinter Cell Blacklist. I'm glad they didn't messed that up.

Sure the whole Michael Ironside thing was an issue. But from a logical standpoint I could see why. I just wish they retired his character and introduce someone else. I guess they didn't wanna go through all the trouble inventing a new protagonist. Since most of their protags since Ezio have been luke warm at best.

Arthea

Shadownet

Banned
It seems upgrading Bios gave me better performances with my 970. In and there I have those microstuttering in Mordor, anyway they are a lot less then yesterday with "old" bios.

Anyway, I think this is a driver problem. I read dome discussion on Nvidia forums, it's plenty of people with the same problem. Some changed 4 GPUs, but they have always the same problem.

Which 970 did you get btw? Happy with it so far?

Cheers for the generous offer duder but I'll pick up a Steam wallet top up on Friday when I go to the store to pick up the New 3DS and GTA V
on PS4.
Sell those cards and buy yourself a poop emoticon. It's the best.
Damn, dude. You hit the lottery or what? Have fun with gtav. See you in a couple years. :p
-
Yeah it seem much more polished than Unity, but that's not enough to sell me on it. Not more than "You can ride elephants!" either.
You're spot-on. People don't think about ubi's games but QA -_- Ubi dun goofed and I seriously think they're gonna "win" worst company next time.
Shame that they went accord with game-deving.
I'm doing alright, I hope you are too.
Only alright? Hm..
I'm also thinking I'm going to wreck you in CSGO. Hehe.
~Let him dream~
Please be gentle senpai ;_;
-
Oh crap, I always just use Casual and Competitive, not remembering that Casual is actually non-ranked Competitive and the real split is unranked (or something) and competitive.
Yeah, I agree that Casual is quite crap, but Demolition, Deathmatch and Arms Race are much fun
Haha, no worries. Never tried those modes. Let's see how they are. Hopefully my laptop won't hit the crapper pref. wise.

Miguel81

I'm finally getting into the groove in Watch_Dogs. Playing it on realistic difficulty and some of these chases are nuts -- guys at you from all sides. I'll keep truckin' along with the campaign later on.

I really like Splinter Cell Blacklist. I'm glad they didn't messed that up.

Sure the whole Michael Ironside thing was an issue. But from a logical standpoint I could see why. I just wish they retired his character and introduce someone else. I guess they didn't wanna go through all the trouble inventing a new protagonist. Since most of their protags since Ezio have been luke warm at best.

For me it's tied with Chaos Theory at this point. One gives you the espionage package, the other provides you with similar atmosphere but gives you much more leeway on how to go about things.

Oh, and I love Briggs raspy voice and actor. Charlie, not so much.

Arthea

I'll ask again. Anybody bought PoE here
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2480-pillars-of-eternity-hero-edition

is it ROW or region locked? Is it possible to check without buying.

or alternatively:
anybody is willing to sell their second backer's copy for reasonable price?

For some reason, whenever I'm searching for this topic, I always read "rise of the val kilmer"...

don't search, subscribe!

At least PS4 and Vita will get demos (or are already out in the US): http://steamcommunity.com/app/262470/discussions/0/617319460878897922/

I wonder why no demo on steam, or it will be added at later date, perhaps

Shadownet

Banned
Haha, no worries. Never tried those modes. Let's see how they are. Hopefully my laptop won't hit the crapper pref. wise.

Oh man I forgot you play on a laptop. Can you even run CSGO on there well? I know cHinzo in CSGO GAF can run it well enough to play but his regular PC is still better.

But yeah death match will help you with your aims and knowledge of the game.

But if you wanna try and play comp. You should go into like offline mode. Walk around a map and learn the callouts. Its bad when someone on your team tell you there is an enemy around squeaky and you have no idea where squeaky is on a particular map.

I can help you with that. We should play sometimes. (Whenever you want) also get a mic if you don't have one yet. Communication.

I bought this one.

http://www.eprice.it/schede-video-ZOTAC/d-5682413

And...are you trolling me ? :D
Oh I'm not trolling you Lol I was barely on GAF the past 2 days. So I guess I didn't see your problems. But its unfortunate you're experiencing them. I'm thinking of getting a 970 myself. But my top contender right now is the MSI brand.

Apprently most people want either that or the GIGABYTE one.

The cards only been out 2 months at most. So yeah new drivers will fix your issues. But hey Shadow of Mordor on max! That's pretty exciting!

Oh man I forgot you play on a laptop. Can you even run CSGO on there well? I know cHinzo in CSGO GAF can run it well enough to play but his regular PC is still better.

I play with a laptop with 720p all settings off too... everything is 60fps until my CPU can't take it no more and I get 5 second dips to 20's. It's aww rite. It's a CPU bound game, so if you are rocking a better CPU than mine (B980 2,2ghz) you should be fine. (Funny thing is that I can knock the resolution up or some settings up and I still get those same frame drops, only slightly more often)

Deques

I'll ask again. Anybody bought PoE here
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2480-pillars-of-eternity-hero-edition

is it ROW or region locked? Is it possible to check without buying.

or alternatively:
anybody is willing to sell their second backer's copy for reasonable price?

don't search, subscribe!

I wonder why no demo on steam, or it will be added at later date, perhaps

Steam keys are usually not region locked. There are very few games that are locked. I guess PoE is a safe bet

Shadownet

Banned
Really I can't see a difference on Ultra from High (yes, I downloaded texture pack of course).
Do you have a 1080p monitor? If so please let me know if you can get a stable 60fps with everything on HIGH. Most of the time there is very little differences between high and ultra anyway. So I'm not too worry about that.

60fps on high is good enough for me.

Kiru

Send it my way and be free of a guilty conscious.
Haha you wish! :p
Awesome, congrats! I say keep it Kiru my man. Shadownet seemed to enjoy himself plenty with it.
Also, Reddit has giveaways? Care to link/explain, please? I don't do reddit and the site confuses me.
Yeah, they are all over reddit though, that day I just searched for something steam related, and found it by accident, it was a really small subreddit and in the end there were only 42 comments/entries. Nothing as easy as to just follow this thread here, I can assure you.
Don't overthink it. Redeem the game onto your Steam account. Play it when you can :)

@Kiru: yes I did enjoy Shadow of Mordor a lot. But if you don't think you can run it. I would check the rules and see if you can maybe sell it. Then when you get a better GPU, I'm sure by that time the game would be a lot cheaper.

You can use the money to buy other games you can actually play now. Or you can just keep Mordor. But you won't be able to reap the benefit at the moment.
Thanks for your input guys, I think I just should be grateful for winning it even if I can't run it right now. I just redeemed it on my account! :)

Sini

I play with a laptop with 720p all settings off too... everything is 60fps until my CPU can't take it no more and I get 5 second dips to 20's. It's aww rite. It's a CPU bound game, so if you are rocking a better CPU than mine (B980 2,2ghz) you should be fine. (Funny thing is that I can knock the resolution up or some settings up and I still get those same frame drops, only slightly more often)

It really doesn't matter whitch laptop cpu you have (Maybe i7 cpus can handle it, haven't actually tested those, but i5 and below can't handle CSGO well), you still get those drops thanks to badly optimized flash UI and ragdolls.
-lv low violence launch option disables ragdolls and upped my avg fps by 20.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I play csgo with an i3. *shrugs*
1366x768, however.

I might get a new lappy soon but that doesn't mitigate the fact that I suck at it.

L.O.R.D

try to clean the dust from you laptop
i had the same problem

Shadownet

Banned
Anyway this is what I get on Mordor on HIGH:

But that's not in 1080p... Hmmm that isn't as impressive at I thought. Your average is barely 60fps. I was hoping a 970 would be able to pull off High on 1080p with a stable 60 fps.

Btw Happy Hour is exactly an hour right? Or will this go on for multiple hours?

I should jump on that soon then.. If no one have a spare bundle..

Nice! From what I can see it's region free from Nuuvem?

As far as I know, all retail keys for EA games are region free. And the Nuuvem page for the game doesn't mention any sort of region locking either. I'd say it's safe to buy but I'm sure someone who bought it from there will be able to guide you better.

L.O.R.D

oh boy

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/far-cry-4-users-accidentally-reveal-they-pirated-the-game

Far Cry 4's director has announced anyone complaining the PC version of the game doesn't contain field of view (FOV) options are in fact revealing they pirated the game.

Taking to Twitter, Alex Hutchinson explained that as legitimate copies of the game will connect to the internet and receive the feature via Day One patch, those complaining that no such feature is present are outing themselves as having illegal copies.

"PC players!" he begins, "If you're online complaining about the lack of FOV control ... You pirated the game."

tumblr_n7dqujgOJv1ta8urjo6_500.gif

Deques

But that's not in 1080p... Hmmm that isn't as impressive at I thought. Your average is barely 60fps. I was hoping a 970 would be able to pull off High on 1080p with a stable 60 fps.

Btw Happy Hour is exactly an hour right? Or will this go on for multiple hours?

I should jump on that soon then.. If no one have a spare bundle..

Thanks! Though he's probably swamped. Hopefully I can get in.

Follow the instructions and you will eventually get the bundle. Also happy hour is a misleading name for the event. It's never an hour long. Sometimes it is shorter, sometimes it's longer

This is on Ultra:

How can you say it's not 1080?
The images you are posting are not in Full HD resolution

Because the resolution of the screen itself is 1366x768. If it was 1080 it should be 1920x1080

We have another Snake?

hah, that's pretty funny about the FOV patch for Far Cry 4. I remember watching the PS4 quick look and it was the first time i've ever seen a shooter and felt that the FOV needs to be adjusted badly. Makes you wonder if they intentionally had a tight FOV just to mess with pirates.

Shadownet

Banned
Follow the instructions and you will eventually get the bundle. Also happy hour is a misleading name for the event. It's never an hour long. Sometimes it is shorter, sometimes it's longer
He just added me. Thanks :D Didn't even know this group existed.
Well that is pretty smart of them. But I'm sure a pirated patch will be out soon and those who pirated the game will get their POV slider.
This is a screen on Ultra, with the 200% option on:
So if this is 1080p, 30 fps on Ultra is better than I expected. the minimum 3 fps part. does that happen a lot? I hope its a stable 30fps.

L.O.R.D

He just added me. Thanks :D Didn't even know this group existed.

Well that is pretty smart of them. But I'm sure a pirated patch will be out soon and those who pirated the game will get their POV slider.

So if this is 1080p, 30 fps on Ultra is better than I expected. the minimum 3 fps part. does that happen a lot? I hope its a stable 30fps.

yab , the pirated patch is already out , 2 days ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom