• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Those are the settings I used:

[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/MJ0mIdk.jpg[/IMG]

The 3 fps is right after you start the benchmark on Mordor. EVERY single time I start a benchmark (no matter if it's on 640x480), I have a frame dip on single digit. It always happen only when I start it.

Looks like you are playing in higher resolution than in 1080. Have you tried to lower it and see what you get?
Also could start putting large pictures in quotes?

Nzyme32

oh boy

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/far-cry-4-users-accidentally-reveal-they-pirated-the-game

tumblr_n7dqujgOJv1ta8urjo6_500.gif

But what if I want to complain about the fov selection being an arbitrary bar with no units to measure as a reference. That would be a fog complaint with the retail game

Asgaro

i have a 2GB ASUS Raedeon HD 7790

I have an AMD HD 6950 1GB.

Yes, only 1GB VRAM anno 2014 with 1080p resolution. I probably won't run next-gen games like AC Unity smooth if I were to buy them, but that's no issue:
The backlog has priority and by the time I have finished all those games (which all can run perfectly fine on this GPU), the time will have come to upgrade.

(Aiming for minimum 5 years of usage per GPU. My previous one - Nvidia 8800 GTX - also stayed very long.)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
From the list:

"Kingdom Come: Deliverance | It's about ethics in Journalism. "

What is the significance (story) of how that description came to be?

IIRC one of the developers was wearing some GamerGate shirt during a video and was defending it. Not 100% sure about it, don't know if there is something else to it.

JustLynx

at least they can run the game, I bought the game and I can't even run it!
they have a huge bug or design flaw or whatever... they don't support Logitech, Razer and other gaming companies products, http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953084-Far-Cry-4-won-t-start-black-screen-%28Windows-7%29
It's been almost 48h since release and i'm still unable to play the game, so I understand why people pirate their games, sorry

Miguel81

Really, that's awesome. If there is a way to get it legitimately in game I'll buy it next sale

Maybe. Never had much interest in checking out Alan Wake

It's a good game imo. The atmosphere is just superb, and it nails the Pacific Northwest aesthetic. The only negative is that it has more action and less adventure then I would have preferred.

GoG had a sale so I purchased it over there. I believe you need to crack the Steam version to get the eye patch.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
IIRC one of the developers was wearing some GamerGate shirt during a video and was defending it. Not 100% sure about it, don't know if there is something else to it.

Oh, that's it? I thought it was something significantly involving the whole issue. Thanks for the clarification however.

That's... actually pretty brilliant.

It's clever. I appreciate how subtle it is.

It's not actually an intentional anti-piracy thing like Batman not gliding in Arkham Asylum or money going to the wrong team in Football Manager. It is just a lack of feature in the retail copy of the game - you have to install the day 1 patch to get the FOV slider to work.

You forgot the pink scorpion in SS3.

It's not actually an intentional anti-piracy thing like Batman not gliding in Arkham Asylum or money going to the wrong team in Football Manager. It is just a lack of feature in the retail copy of the game - you have to install the day 1 patch to get the FOV slider to work.

Shadownet

Banned
I thought Batman AA anti piracy was pretty funny too. If you have a pirated copy, Batman's cape would never open so you can't even glide.

In Mirror's Edge, Faith would slow down whenever you try to jump. So essentially, you can't win both games. Not sure if the pirates found a way around that though.

Beaten: by Iron Man Jr.

Earthbound increases the enemy encounter rate and delete your save file moment before you finish the game.

Chariot

My favorite was some videogame about making videogames where every game you developed in pirated copies would have a 100% pirate rate and no chance of getting any money at all. The desperate angry posts of pirates about the issue were entertaining.

Oh, that's it? I thought it was something significantly involving the whole issue. Thanks for the clarification however.

Not just some dev, but the director. And he's been saying stuff on twitter too iirc, so not just that one occasion.

Ensirius

My favorite was some videogame about making videogames where every game you developed in pirated copies would have a 100% pirate rate and no chance of getting any money at all. The desperate angry posts of pirates about the issue were entertaining.

Wait a minute. Are you talking about...

250px-Game_Dev_Story_icon.jpg

?

Those angry posts must have been pure gold.

Not really. They've put the FOV slider in the sub menu where you control Vsync (triple buffering etc.). It's entirely possible to miss it altogether even if you are a legit customer.

Not to mention their implementation of FOV controls is not ideal. There's no numeric indicator... just a slider you move up and down and hope you get it right. And no viewmodel FOV control so you get an elongated gun on your screen if you bump it up.

edit - 600MB patch for FC4 just started downloading. Wonder what it is.

Derp

Holy shit that is genius.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Specific thread, I don't think so. Try the general GG thread and ask there.

From the thread op via Modbot:

"If you are just joining us and are wondering what this is about and whether it's worth your time, Protip: don't bother. "

Not the most promising start.

Not to mention their implementation of FOV controls is not ideal. There's no numeric indicator... just a slider you move up and down and hope you get it right. And no viewmodel FOV control so you get an elongated gun on your screen if you bump it up.

Oh, come on.

From the thread op via Modbot:

"If you are just joining us and are wondering what this is about and whether it's worth your time, Protip: don't bother. "

Not the most promising start.

Because this whole movement is bollocks, they're right. Doesn't mean you can't ask around. Dunno, I haven't bothered with this at all since its inception.

Deques

B-but...you said it was COOL!

Also, why everyone enraged about helix credits on Unity and no one said a thing about this?

300 Platinum ($2.99)
1025 Platinum ($9.99)
2150 Platinum ($19.99)
3300 Platinum ($29.99)
5600 Platinum ($49.99)
11500 Platinum ($99.99)

Dragon Age related.

Shadownet is into BDSM, that's why it's cool :)

Sendou

I'd agree if it was anyone but Ubisoft. Only way you could play Far Cry 3 as meant back when it was released was to pirate it. Uplay was a nightmare. I didn't go down that route but I don't blame anyone who did. Didn't try my luck with Far Cry 4.

Shadownet

Banned
B-but...you said it was COOL!

Also, why everyone enraged about helix credits on Unity and no one said a thing about this?

Dragon Age related.
It is cool!
Dragon Age Origins? Or 2? Or Inquisition? I don't remember any of them having micro transaction.

No, the "ripoff" of that one, this here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/239820/

But 16-bit graphic mean that game is totally better.

More like 80's hair metal.
Gotta love me some Twisted Sisters

Shadownet is into BDSM, that's why it's cool :)
You should ask animlboogy about BDSM. Not me. :p

Phawx

Alright I got more than 4 PMs asking for Cubic Ninja, so the only fair way to do this is to do a raffle. These will not be given away. But I'm not going to make money either. PLEASE DO NOT SCALP THESE IF YOU WIN.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Phawx:

Instructions for participants:

This is for retail, new in box, NA version of Cubic Ninja of the 3DS. This is the same game that can be used for homebrew on the 3DS. These will NOT be given away, but I won't sell them at scalping prices. You will need to paypal me $15 so that I can ship it to you (US Addresses ONLY)

To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Phawx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
Cubic Ninja brand new in box 3DS #3 -- MB-E825934613ACD880 - Taken by RealMeat. 4 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Cubic Ninja brand new in box 3DS #2 -- MB-7C7E2E390A06C58B - Taken by KevinRo. 9 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Cubic Ninja brand new in box 3DS #1 -- MB-AAA26A493FAF6050 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 2 entrants total.

t1416495529z1.png

Annubis

Not to mention their implementation of FOV controls is not ideal. There's no numeric indicator... just a slider you move up and down and hope you get it right.

This is like a life lesson in the topic of how to fail hardcore.
Can you change it in some ini file or something and use a numerical there?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm happy to see Bloons TD5 on Steam - but I have so many questions.

Like - is the game still plagued with in-app purchases like the mobile version? For $10, I sure hope not!

Will Humble Mobile Bundle 2 buyers get Steam keys? I doubt it.

Is it still completely integrated with Facebook? *shudder*

I love this game, but I've played it to death on Android (from above mentioned Humble Bundle where the in-app purchases were stripped out) so for $10 I think I'll pass.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I'm happy to see Bloons TD5 on Steam - but I have so many questions.

Like - is the game still plagued with in-app purchases like the mobile version? For $10, I sure hope not!

Will Humble Mobile Bundle 2 buyers get Steam keys? I doubt it.

Is it still completely integrated with Facebook? *shudder*

I love this game, but I've played it to death on Android (from above mentioned Humble Bundle where the in-app purchases were stripped out) so for $10 I think I'll pass.

It would be unfair to expect a Steam key for a game from a unrelated mobile bundle wherein the developer never promised nor alluded to giving one. But to answer your query,

"The Steam version will need to be purchased seperately. Sorry!"

This was the answer a Dev gave to your exact question concerning purchasers of the mobile edition.

---

"also there are a few more speical mission and a few other tracks not found anywhere else i have the flash everydose and the ios version and will be buying this version and you can get premiums for free"

This is from the forums, it seems they removed at least some of the micro transaction market.

I got Mordor running at +30 fps 1080p triple buffered with everything max but textures on high using a 4770k and a gtx 770. I couldn't even try ultra textures because it doesn't work with family sharing : /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom