• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

That's a very sweet deal!
Even more when you know this includes DLC.

I bought all the Mass Effect games (base game without DLC) separately for a fine price as well.
Have yet to start ME 2 and 3 lol. (Too little time, too many games... We're all familiar with it.)

mepurchase1.PNG

mepurchase2.PNG

get Citadel and From Ashes at least?

MUnited83

For you.
The app was uploaded a week before the change. Also, Stubbs the Zombie next, please, Mr. Mouse.

Good :D. I would probably buy it, but I have doubts about how DLC/characters are bought. Do I have to buy them in-game. Are they not tied directly to my Steam account?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a better alternative to the Indie Game Bundle Wiki when it comes to seeing which bundled games now have Steam keys? IGBWiki.com hasn't been updated since the 10th.

Khronico

That's a very sweet deal!
Even more when you know this includes DLC.

I bought all the Mass Effect games (base game without DLC) separately for a fine price as well.
Have yet to start ME 2 and 3 lol. (Too little time, too many games... We're all familiar with it.)

(Unfortunately ME3 does not come with any of the dlc except the free stuff. ME2 comes with a bunch tho). Yeah I haven't played any of the ME games except 2, so it's kinda neat to go back and play through the trilogy. I'm really liking ME1 alot so far except for the janky combat, really dumb team AI and frequent long loading. I've gotten so spoiled with PC that any loading more than 10 seconds is unbearable to me -_-. It'll probably get worse when I move to SSD in the future.

More Betrayer.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

CHIP -- MB-E0EDD32AE576188B - Taken by dave is ok. 3 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-586F0611A41EBD2E - Taken by fspm. 3 entrants total.

t1416592738z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there a better alternative to the Indie Game Bundle Wiki when it comes to seeing which bundled games now have Steam keys? IGBWiki.com hasn't been updated since the 10th.

Most people just subscribe to this group that posts announcements.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was Ori confirmed for PC? well it is now

OriAndTheBlindForest ‏@OriBlindForest 38m38 minutes ago
We look forward to be releasing Ori on X1 and PC (Steam) in early 2015!
http://bit.ly/1taqVVT

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone wanted to upgrade to a SSD (or just wanted a bigger one) Newegg has a Intel 240 GB SSD for ~US$110. The drive itself is on the higher end of the performance spectrum and the warranty lasts 5 years (most only cover 3 years). If you use the Newegg app and pay via Google Wallet, you can get an additional $15 off the price to bring it down to $95.

*The controller is a custom Intel one if anyone is worried.

That's actually quite good news, I enjoy the aesthetic they are going for.

Asgaro

Seriously though, I'm baffled by how many people don't understand keyboard shortcuts these days...

DiNEI3X.png

No offense, PetriP-TNT.

Aside from CTRL X, CTRL C, CTRL V and CTRL F I understand most people don't need any more shortcuts.

But I'm a web browser shortcut ninja though:
these I use and know out of the top of my head:

(Edit: I'm using Google Chrome btw. I don't know whether these shortcuts are universal to most browsers but I hope so.)

CTRL T new tab
CTRL SHIFT T open last closed tab
CTRL TAB go to opened tab to the right
CTRL SHIFT TAB go to opened tab to the left
CTRL W close tab
CTRL SHIFT N open incognito window
CTRL H open history
CTRL J open downloads

I can definitely recommend to learn CTRL W to close the current tab.
Definitely a time savior for the occasions you have to e.g. use a trackpad on a laptop and you don't want to fiddle with the cursor to close the tab.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Most people just subscribe to this group that posts announcements.

Cheers Momoa-ears.

Yeah, from the off. I had a feeling the game would be delayed into early 2015 when a new trailer released last month and there was still no concrete date. :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well...err...it wasnt announced for steam until now so screw you guys! :(

Milamber

Definitely a time savior for the occasions you have to e.g. use a trackpad on a laptop and you don't want to fiddle with the cursor to close the tab.

I am not a smart man. I CTRL+W to see what it does, even though I read it, and it closed the thread and i went all WTF but then I CTRL+SHIFT+T to bring it back.

Alavard

Aside from CTRL X, CTRL C, CTRL V and CTRL F I understand most people don't need any more shortcuts.

CTRL T new tab
CTRL W close tab
CTRL H open history
CTRL J open downloads

Neat - I didn't know that CTRL-W closed a tab. I always use CTRL-F4 (when I bother to use the hot key, that is).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

The most surprising thing for me was that even 1 in 10 people knew CTRL+F.

I work with mostly older computer users who are close to retirement. In addition to not knowing keyboard shortcuts, they don't even know how Windows shortcuts works. I spend about 2 hours a day connecting to user's PCs and creating desktop shortcuts for them. Without those shortcuts they are completely clueless as to how to launch programs on their PCs to the point that I'm just used to them saying stupid things like "Well, such and such program got uninstalled..." when it reality the desktop shortcut just got deleted (or sometimes just moved).

Milamber

Really, I don't understand those things. I mean, you love a game, right? Well, you must be happy if that game reaches other platforms, so many people can enjoy it too.

Nah, it's understandable. If you both get Honda Civics but the other guy gets the Type R package while you get the normal basic one, you'd be miffed too.

Lomax

Honestly if they brought Skylanders to PC I'd probably get into it, but the Infinity figures don't really look very good and from what I've heard the game is pretty limited.

Unrelated edit: Reading about that Shadow of Mordor update with the female skin, apparently you can play the whole game as her but the cut scenes still show the guy? Pretty weird. I swear, Saints Row is the only series that does cut scenes right.

Seriously though, I'm baffled by how many people don't understand keyboard shortcuts these days...

DiNEI3X.png

No offense, PetriP-TNT.

The funny thing about this is that I did search for DRM: Steam :p

Anyway, I still love CS:GO. Best current FPS out there. And it's like 6 years old. Step up your game, FPS world. Also I am bit drunk right now

zkylon

zkylewd

CTRL T new tab
CTRL W close tab
CTRL H open history
CTRL J open downloads

my all time shortcut favorite has gotta be save for web in photoshop

it's shift+ctrl+alt+s

i call it the claw

GaussTek

Cheers Momoa-ears.

Yeah, from the off. I had a feeling the game would be delayed into early 2015 when a new trailer released last month and there was still no concrete date. :(

Yeah, expected delay :( Still weird that they announced it until now, perhaps they still had hope to release it this year last month? :/

Annubis

it's shift+ctrl+alt+s

i call it the claw

One thing in Photoshop that always baffles me is that by default there is no shortcut key for duplicate the current layer.
First thing I do on a fresh install of Photoshop is map Shift + Ctrl + A (not assigned to anything) for that.

Vlad

CTRL T new tab
CTRL W close tab
CTRL H open history
CTRL J open downloads

I didn't know about CTRL-W.

One that a lot of people don't seem to know about is Alt-D, which moves the cursor focus to the address bar and highlights everything. So going to any page is as simple as Alt-D -> type.

fallout

If anyone wanted to upgrade to a SSD (or just wanted a bigger one) Newegg has a Intel 240 GB SSD for ~US$110. The drive itself is on the higher end of the performance spectrum and the warranty lasts 5 years (most only cover 3 years). If you use the Newegg app and pay via Google Wallet, you can get an additional $15 off the price to bring it down to $95.
Any chance I can get one with that dumb robot skull face on it?

But seriously, that's pretty nice. Tempted to grab one from the Canadian site, although it's $130 here and I'm not sure if the Newegg app thing applies.

Asgaro

get Citadel and From Ashes at least?

I probably will. :)

I semi hijacked this thread about the Mass Effect Trilogy a while ago to ask which DLCs are worth it and I've kept it bookmarked for in the future: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=877175

--

I'm normally against DLC, out of principle, since I feel if it were essential to the storyline it should have been included.
The price also isn't justifiable enough compared to the low priced base game, in terms of playtime.
I'm also a completionist (completing main story line + most to all of the sidequests) so by the time I'm close to finishing the game, I have zero motivation to buy DLC for it and complete it.
On top of all that: if I were to get into the DLC hype ever, I would want to reevaluate my already completed games to check which DLC is worth it. It would take a LOT of time to evaluate already released DLC and DLC coming in the future.

So I say to my conscience: I don't need all this! Be happy you already complete most of the base games you buy! :p

Only DLC I ever bought I can count on 1 hand:
- BF3 Premium since MP maps give a ton of playtime.
- DLC that was included because you couldn't find the base game anymore. Eg Far Cry 2 Fortune's Edition.
- Some soundtracks.

Never bought for example a Season Pass for any game and never will.

zkylon

zkylewd
One thing in Photoshop that always baffles me is that by default there is no shortcut key for duplicate the current layer.
First thing I do on a fresh install of Photoshop is map Shift + Ctrl + A (not assigned to anything) for that.

ctrl+j?

i think the only hotkeys i created for photoshop are ctrl+shift+u for contrast/brightness and a lot of ctrl+shift+f1/2/etc for my fancy macros

Asgaro

it's shift+ctrl+alt+s

i call it the claw

Haha, I can see why.

Also, that reminds me of another useful shortcut:

Still using CTRL ALT DELETE to open Task Manager?

Say hello to CTRL SHIFT ESC.
A lot easier since it can be done with 1 hand and the keys are all above each other so you don't have to spread your hands in weird formations.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Psichodelya -- MB-27937665059DE1B9 - Taken by Aitor. 2 entrants total.
Commando Jack -- MB-73D3A33D646D85FB - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
Beyond Space -- MB-6C02146953B5E341 - Taken by freshVeggie. 3 entrants total.
The Dream Machine Chapters 1-3 -- MB-735A25A10488A1A9 - Taken by Shadownet. 1 entrants total.
1954 ALCATRAZ -- MB-7E961D363D2A7960 - Taken by redlacs. 5 entrants total.
Nux -- MB-0862341897D4D279 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-2C213F894DA8EAEA - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Blue Rose (Desura) -- MB-4D7F1F614B9A274E
Platypus -- MB-1595B182781F16C8 - Taken by rrvv. 6 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-2001754F220929CD - Taken by fernandes. 6 entrants total.
Speed Kills -- MB-FB965D7569AC3CCA - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Chaos Domain -- MB-B8980357718C59B9 - Taken by BruteUA. 1 entrants total.
Ionball 2 Ionstorm -- MB-0C3853AA973EE9AD - Taken by Conrad Link. 4 entrants total.
Chip -- MB-FAFEF94777C7C47D - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 3 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
THE WITCHER 2 (GOG) -- MB-BE72D3EE41A0F9E3 - Taken by Jrdan. 3 entrants total.
Rover Rescue -- MB-9EDACAC810264BF1 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Hyper Fighters -- MB-420345D01B70028D - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.

t1416604977z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Any chance I can get one with that dumb robot skull face on it?

But seriously, that's pretty nice. Tempted to grab one from the Canadian site, although it's $130 here and I'm not sure if the Newegg app thing applies.

I believe that is a detail for the entire series.

You can check Amazon/Newegg for the 480GB version which is currently $200 on the US store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom