• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

I didn't know about CTRL-W.

One that a lot of people don't seem to know about is Alt-D, which moves the cursor focus to the address bar and highlights everything. So going to any page is as simple as Alt-D -> type.

Ah yes, how could I forget. :D

You can also do this with CTRL L btw, but your shortcut only requires one hand so I'll now learn that version!

zkylon

zkylewd
Ctrl+j duplicates selection, layer too?

i'm pretty sure it only duplicates layer

Still using CTRL ALT DELETE to open Task Manager?

Say hello to CTRL SHIFT ESC.
A lot easier since it can be done with 1 hand and the keys are all above each other so you don't have to spread your hands in weird formations.
yea i always forget this one

i also use a lot of the windows shortcuts like windows+d (go to desktop), windows+r (run), windows+e (open up a new explorer thingie)

pretty useful

I own goat simulator but never played it. I think I am going to install to see wtf this is.

header.jpg

Copons

Ctrl+j duplicates selection, layer too?

WOAH

I knew it duplicates layers but I didn't know about selections. I even went to try it and it feels great!

Also thanks for the Alt+D one. Apparently quick-selecting the URL is the action with more shortcuts in the history of information technology:
Alt+D
Ctrl+L
F6
...and who knows how many more!

i'm pretty sure it only duplicates layer

No no, just try selecting something, pressing Ctrl+J creates a new layer with whatever you have selected.

Also, now that I think about it, I already knew but I kinda forgot it since I have a graphic designer who does this shit for me.

I'm just genuinely surprised that kojipro is not just releasing a GZ port that's identical to the console version but with resolution support and calling it a day. Hopefully, this bodes well for a day one TPP release.

Arthea

well... I redeemed Betrayer, and then I remembered that I already had it, checked, indeed I had... with around 2 hours playtime (idling in fact)
How on earth this keeps happening to me. How is that even possible?! (._.)

Also QoI! totally made this bundle worth! yay!

Copons

Also, that reminds me of another useful shortcut:

Still using CTRL ALT DELETE to open Task Manager?

Say hello to CTRL SHIFT ESC.
A lot easier since it can be done with 1 hand and the keys are all above each other so you don't have to spread your hands in weird formations.

Mindblown.

I'll keep using Ctrl+Alt+Delete to keep the traditions alive, though.

zkylon

zkylewd
No no, just try selecting something, pressing Ctrl+J creates a new layer with whatever you have selected.

Also, now that I think about it, I already knew but I kinda forgot it since I have a graphic designer who does this shit for me.
oh right, i always knew about that, that's kind of what i meant with duplicating layer

i just deselect and use ctrl j that way

Copons

Hook up with Copons, he knows what's what and already made a few friends in the chat.

Yeah, just type
Code:
/y LFG URBS
I'll come for some help to raid UBRS or something.

Also being dumb, it hurts. :'(

It's exactly what it sounds like!

They should stress more the fact that it's "Goat MMO Simulator" and not "Goat Simulator MMO". You, know, for people like me, with special needs.

That's a very sweet deal!
Even more when you know this includes DLC.

I bought all the Mass Effect games (base game without DLC) separately for a fine price as well.

The trilogy pack for PC is terrible - it doesn't have as much DLC as the other versions. That's why I bought the deluxe versions of ME2/3 separately ($7.50 and $6, respectively). I'm not going back to play them until EA/Bioware gets off their asses and fixes the Bioware points scheme instead of throwing up their hands and leaving some of their flagship games behind.

Beat my final challenge in Saints Row IV. That platforming rift on hard lives up to its name. But today I got it on my third try - I guess I really did hone my skills playing the rest of the game. Might go back to it another day and get achievements like my 40 hour one, or killing 1000 aliens with super powers (I'm a little above 600, so killing aliens for no reason would be pretty tedious unless there's some kind of method to get a few easy kills.) but I'm good for now. Whew!

Now to go back to SR3 to play the DLC I got. That'll feel weird...having to use cars again.

Back to In-Home streaming, which I couldn't get to work properly. Could anyone provide some insight?

My issue is that I frequently drop from it. Mid-game, it freezes with a looping sound crash, and I'm out. When I reconnect, it doesn't let me pick back up where I left off. My main rig is directly connected to the router. My receiving device is connected wirelessly with minimal obstructions, besides a wall. Should I lower the resolution? Is there a firewall setting that could be messing it up? Any ideas would help.

Gonna bump this to see if anyone has had a similar experience or fix.

I got a little more playtime before a crash at lunch. There are periodic stutters/freezes with a sound loop that occur. If it is going to crash, it usually has a long, drawn out sound loop with a hard freeze. It will eventually go back to desktop. Today, I was able to pick up on the Stream after a crash, so that's some progress.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ok ... since we're talking about keyboard shortcuts ... here's one (of sorts)

alt + 0169 (on the keypad!)
alt + 0174
alt + 0153

but you probably already knew about those :)

ViviOggi

Yᴏᴜʀ k€ЏßØα®d ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ. (¬‿¬)

r3n4ud

I uh...paid full price for this on release, and yet to play it. For shame...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Betrayer -- MB-EA99D9B3954D6214 - Taken by Stallion Free

I see alienware gave out codes for the mauler weapon (melee) in PAYDAY2 -- was there any way to get those "exclusive" masks for the alienware steambox?

Tenrius

Here's what I can type with just Alt-Gr and various other keys:

¹²³‰↑∞←→—≠€®™ѣѵіѳ≈§°£„“”‘’שß−«»…

Some more with Shift pressed:

̆̊ѢѴІѴІІѲ″{⌘⌀‘̧·¢̌ẞ̃•„“́¡½⅓¼̂¿〈〉–±

All thanks to this pretty handy layout. It's free, installs itself above your normal layout and doesn't get in your way.

Freezard

Aside from CTRL X, CTRL C, CTRL V and CTRL F I understand most people don't need any more shortcuts.

But I'm a web browser shortcut ninja though:
these I use and know out of the top of my head:

(Edit: I'm using Google Chrome btw. I don't know whether these shortcuts are universal to most browsers but I hope so.)

CTRL T new tab
CTRL SHIFT T open last closed tab
CTRL TAB go to opened tab to the right
CTRL SHIFT TAB go to opened tab to the left
CTRL W close tab
CTRL SHIFT N open incognito window
CTRL H open history
CTRL J open downloads

I can definitely recommend to learn CTRL W to close the current tab.
Definitely a time savior for the occasions you have to e.g. use a trackpad on a laptop and you don't want to fiddle with the cursor to close the tab.

I actually use all of those as well except the history shortcut. I'd think these are all pretty standard for someone browsing the web a lot. I don't remember the last time I closed a tab with the mouse x_x

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wednesday in rest of world actually,
since it starts 27th 3am Japanese time.

http://steam.degica.com/news-list/steam-autumn-sale-2014-campaign

3am in Japan is 10am PT (although obviously the days themselves don't match up). I live in Australia; I'm aware that there is not one time zone that encompasses the entire world. ;)

Edit: I've edited my previous post to make this clearer.

Edit edit: Oh, I see what you mean. I assume that site is wrong. 3am on the 27th in Japan would be Wednesday in the US and every Autumn Sale thus far has kicked off on Thursday, in lieu of Weekend Deals. Somebody probably hit "7" instead of "8".

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

pre-order is up

no discount ... and region-locked ... and $50/50€ (because, naturally, $=€)

Phawx

I went into the $3 tier.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Phawx:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Phawx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Puzzle Kingdoms -- MB-C3AED7E2845E805B - Taken by Deques
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-3AF14EC390D07E3A - Taken by Scipius

zkylon

zkylewd
huh wtf bad rats

3am in Japan is 10am PT (although obviously the days themselves don't match up). I live in Australia; I'm aware that there is not one time zone that encompasses the entire world. ;)

Edit: I've edited my previous post to make this clearer.

Edit edit: I assume that site is wrong. 3am on the 27th in Japan would be Wednesday in the US and every Autumn Sale thus far has kicked off on Thursday.

back to cool avatars

kudos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom