• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

also - this got locked about 2h ago (new sub, though ... the old ones aren't locked, so you should still be able to find it cheaper ... for now)

Lomax

Puzzle Kingdoms is actually a pretty solid Puzzle Quest knock off that I put 20+ hours into long ago, strongly recommend it if you enjoy the genre. I'm a little tempted to pick up the Shannon Tweed game just for nostalgia's sake...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I thought you guys might be interested to know:

The number of subs on Steam with ACRTAG enabled now exceeds the number of apps on Steam with exfgls enabled.

1,241 subs now have ACRTAG
1,216 apps now have exfgls

What this means is that there are now more subs with regional gifting restricted than there are apps that are restricted from family sharing.

EDIT: Not that these numbers really correlate or anything, I just thought it was interesting.

fantomena

The number of subs on Steam with ACRTAG enabled now exceeds the number of apps on Steam with exfgls enabled.

What is exfgls?

Edit: Oh lordy, Ningen, excat same words haha.

madjoki

Oh, I see what you mean. I assume that site is wrong. 3am on the 27th in Japan would be Wednesday in the US and every Autumn Sale thus far has kicked off on Thursday, in lieu of Weekend Deals. Somebody probably hit "7" instead of "8".

It started on Wednesday last year too.

News_Post.png

What is exfgls?

Disable family sharing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

also - this got locked about 2h ago (new sub, though ... the old ones aren't locked, so you should still be able to find it cheaper ... for now)

Yeah, Focus is acutely aware of ACRTAG. Styx was region-locked from the off despite being a (relatively) old app.

JaseC

It started on Wednesday last year too.

News_Post.png

Ah, so it did. I probably forgot to account for the fact that Steam news posts use local time when I went searching through the archives to see the start dates. The store updates at 1am/2am here (depending on whether or not the US observing daylight savings), which pushes the date forward.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I guess the reason that the ACRTAG stuff surprises me is that I started tracking this info in the Enhanced Steam database on Oct 10th, 2014. At that time, there were 785 subs in the database with ACRTAG enabled. A month an a half later, there are now 1,241. That's a pretty huge increase in a relatively short amount of time.

I know it's due to new subs being created with it automatically but... that's still a lot of locked down stuff.

JaseC

Nice.

Do you get a code for the game and the DLC?

Someone mentioned earlier that he received a pre-order key, yeah. It's probably old stock so I wouldn't necessarily take that to mean you'll get one yourself.

rickyson1

so is there any info on when corpse party is releasing?

it was originally supposed to be out by now wasn't it? just curious if there's some info on it I missed

Grief.exe

What this means is that there are now more subs with regional gifting restricted than there are apps that are restricted from family sharing.

EDIT: Not that these numbers really correlate or anything, I just thought it was interesting.

Wow that is actually far more titles that have the exfgls tag than I expected.

Tellaerin

Puzzle Kingdoms is actually a pretty solid Puzzle Quest knock off that I put 20+ hours into long ago, strongly recommend it if you enjoy the genre. I'm a little tempted to pick up the Shannon Tweed game just for nostalgia's sake...

Puzzle Kingdoms doesn't play badly, but the art is pretty dire, especially coming off of PQ. >_<

jshackles

Most of it is DLC for F2P games (can't let people have that for free!)

The rest of it is stuff with DRM, basically.

I can't think of a major game being excluded from family sharing that isn't due to it using Uplay/GFWL/some other sort of nonsense. Hope that doesn't become more common because my brother and i are really enjoying dipping into each other's collections.

JaseC

The vast majority of the apps are DLC (namely for MP games, games that contain third-party DRM, and software even though software is excluded from Family Sharing entirely, without the developer's input).

Edit: b10.

Lomax

Most of it is DLC for F2P games (can't let people have that for free!)

The rest of it is stuff with DRM, basically.

Which causes some annoying issues like if you have family sharing enabled and they go to play the free version of something you own DLC for (like Pinball FX2), they only play the free version, but it still locks your own library and they'll get kicked out if you try to play something. That may only affect certain games, but it's very annoying.

Considering that ACIV ran like ass maxed out on the gtx 770 that it came packed with, i can't even imagine how terrible Unity runs on it. I imagine it's not too much better that the console versions

Zafir

From US it shouldn't be region locked. It's 23$ from Origin India, but I guess you want Steam version. It should be 60$ from US.
I'd be worried about getting the standard ver from Origin India anyway. People who bought the standard edition from there after release day ended up having issues. Game wouldn't show up in their library without a vpn.

wow, I only paid about $13 thanks to GMG deals but to see FF13 at 50% off makes me think Square enix aren't planning any big patches and are just trying to get their sales while they can.

Link for anyone interested

I'm still enjoying the game, thanks to Durante and the others that have worked on GeDoSaTo

JaseC

I have a freind who can family share Unity with me.

Anyone got a quick guide how to do it?

Using TeamViewer or whatever internet-based remote desktop software you prefer, have him: sign into his account on your PC, head into Steam -> Settings -> Family, click "Authorise this computer" and finally tick the box opposite your Steam Community name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom