• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

header.jpg

Yo this game is ACE. It's like Puzzle Quest but instead of match 3, it's scrabble! Great 'take a break' game too.

Tellaerin

wow, I only paid about $13 thanks to GMG deals but to see FF13 at 50% off makes me think Square enix aren't planning any big patches and are just trying to get their sales while they can.

Link for anyone interested

I'm still enjoying the game, thanks to Durante and the others that have worked on GeDoSaTo

I wonder what kind of discount it'll be getting during the Winter Seal if they're slashing it that much now.

Phawx

UltraWorld is going to release on Steam in two weeks. http://store.steampowered.com/app/331580

My Let's Play of UltraWorld is up. You can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq2Pt4HBH5I&list=PLdC3pP79J-A9vVBkItqiJkURqd3aUW2Lv

ULTRAWORLD_Logo.jpg

Quick Impression:
The game is billed as a first person explorer, so I was expecting something along the lines of Proteus, but it's actually more to it than that. It kind of feels like if Proteus mashed up with Lost the TV series.

The story of the game is this: There is an artificial intelligence that built a game around itself to attract gamers to enter the world (Which kind of weirded me out because Ultraworld won't release on Steam for another two weeks) and it's asking you to do mundane tasks but then reveals everything it said before was a ruse. Then as you explore there are other AI (that look similar to the main AI) that are trying to hide from the main AI and ask for you to find them in secret.

Bottom Line: it's Mysteryception built on the Crytek engine. Very pretty to look at and intriguing.

Weird.
After I finished playing a game I go on chrome and start seeing random garbled lines.
Nothing on IE, Steam, or the rest of my screen, just in chrome & and its windows.

Restarting it(chrome, not my PC) seemed to fix it.
Very strange.

If it is serious, I hope it's just the monitor. I've been looking to replace it anyway.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Psichodelya -- MB-27937665059DE1B9 - Taken by Aitor. 2 entrants total.
Commando Jack -- MB-73D3A33D646D85FB - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
Beyond Space -- MB-6C02146953B5E341 - Taken by freshVeggie. 3 entrants total.
The Dream Machine Chapters 1-3 -- MB-735A25A10488A1A9 - Taken by Shadownet. 1 entrants total.
1954 ALCATRAZ -- MB-7E961D363D2A7960 - Taken by redlacs. 5 entrants total.
Nux -- MB-0862341897D4D279 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-2C213F894DA8EAEA - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Blue Rose (Desura) -- MB-4D7F1F614B9A274E
Platypus -- MB-1595B182781F16C8 - Taken by rrvv. 6 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-2001754F220929CD - Taken by fernandes. 6 entrants total.
Speed Kills -- MB-FB965D7569AC3CCA - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Chaos Domain -- MB-B8980357718C59B9 - Taken by BruteUA. 1 entrants total.
Ionball 2 Ionstorm -- MB-0C3853AA973EE9AD - Taken by Conrad Link. 4 entrants total.
Chip -- MB-FAFEF94777C7C47D - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 3 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
THE WITCHER 2 (GOG) -- MB-BE72D3EE41A0F9E3 - Taken by Jrdan. 3 entrants total.
Rover Rescue -- MB-9EDACAC810264BF1 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Hyper Fighters -- MB-420345D01B70028D - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.

t1416604977z1.png

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

COMMANDO JACK -- MB-C0EA45490EEFC953 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Residue Final Cut -- MB-88F26835D36D2A08 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 8 entrants total.
From the Depths -- MB-61D2CCFBA92F35EE - Taken by Kifimbo. 6 entrants total.
BETRAYER -- MB-3B5604094D75D0B2 - Taken by RyanPierre. 9 entrants total.
SPEED KILLS -- MB-646837F77B192EBD - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
CHAOS DOMAIN -- MB-38F05B062987EC93 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 3 entrants total.
Mysterious Cities of Gold -- MB-B8823D31BD3DC9DD - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
CHIP -- MB-CECEC7711246A94D - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
ROVER RESCUE -- MB-92C492FC745A4AF1 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Type Rider -- MB-53512B8BD1095593 - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
IONBALL 2 -- MB-17160F3E8F9FE056 - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.

t1416612238z1.png

fantomena

Thanks for the video! I can't wait to watch this, and to play this.

Glad to hear.

I used Nvidia Shadowplay to record this video, not DXTORY like before, but I really disliked Shadowplay when it comes to commentaries.

In DXTORY when I record with commentary the commentary audio, the game sounds and the video itself has their own tracks in Sony Vegas, but in Shadowplay, the commentaries and in-game sounds are placed in the same track.

The problem here is that Shadowplay makes me unable to edit the game sounds and commentaries seperate. So if the game sounds is too high and i turn it down, my commentaries will also be turned down.

So my choice for recording PC games is still DXTORY.

Phawx

Glad to hear.

I used Nvidia Shadowplay to record this video, not DXTORY like before, but I really disliked Shadowplay when it comes to commentaries.

In DXTORY when I record with commentary the commentary audio, the game sounds and the video itself has their own tracks in Sony Vegas, but in Shadowplay, the commentaries and in-game sounds are placed in the same track.

The problem here is that Shadowplay makes me unable to edit the game sounds and commentaries seperate. So if the game sounds is too high and i turn it down, my commentaries will also be turned down.

I use a forked build of OBS to support AMD's VCE and I have the same problem. To get around it, I use audacity and record the Mic separately.

Why? KLEI had a valid reason not to include achievements in Don't Starve for example.

Valid? That's debatable.

But once they released the PS4 and Vita versions? That reasoning went from debatable to INVALID and now just makes them a bunch of HYPOCRITICAL JACKASSES.

Now The Astronauts -- and I'm guessing here -- have probably just finalized the trophy list for the PS4 version and the game will probably release soon on console(s?). And they went back and gave the Steam gamers who bought their game and supported them from the go parity with the console version. Bravo, The Astronauts, bravo. I will continue to support you. :)

Are they retroactive?

They almost never are -- in this case, I'm going to guess no as well, since they're likely things that trigger when you complete a portion of the story... so if you just load up a save file at the end of the game, all the triggers will have been missed.

But SAM will fix that. :p

Benedict

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Betrayer -- MB-5E4B4DC705E3BC16 - Taken by Nabs

Arthea

I wonder should I bother with Valve support, or is it futile?
Apparently Betrayer I bought on steam store long ago, was named "Betrayer steam" and one in the bundle now is just Betrayer. But I see only one app in database, so I'm not sure what happened with older one and why I got screwed over this.
Not that this is terrible mistake I can't live with, I got my QoI... and I feel like there is no much point if at all in submitting a ticket, is there?

Apparently Betrayer I bought on steam store long ago, was named "Betrayer steam" and one in the bundle now is just Betrayer. But I see only one app in database, so I'm not sure what happened with older one and why I got screwed over this.
Not that this is terrible mistake I can't live with, I got my QoI... and I feel like there is no much point if at all in submitting a ticket, is there?

I'm not sure what the ticket would be asking Valve to fix?
If there's only 1 app in the DB, then Betrayer Steam and Betrayer should be the same thing and you should just have an extra key for Betrayer now?

Locust

If you mean it let you activate a key even though you owned the game already that's because the bundle version has access to more depots than the Steam one for whatever reason.

I had the same happen with the Humble version of Home and Mutant Blobs Attack as well.

maybe not to let people to redeem or buy a game they already have? In the future? for other games too... would be nice?
ya, I know sounds totally ridiculous (><)
who's gonna bother with such small things!

Oh... yeah, I have this happen sometimes. But for a single key in a $3 that I would've just raffled on GAF... why bother with Steam support?

Wow, really? Guess I need to re-download and boot it up.

madjoki

Retail keys have additional depots

https://steamdb.info/sub/28545/depots/

Compared to Steam store version

https://steamdb.info/sub/28546/depots/

This is why you can redeem both, if you have used steam store version first.

They are unused, so you got whole bunch of nothing. :(

Glad to hear.

Yeah, Dxtory is great.
Shadowplay is what I prefer to use when recording b-roll footage for reviews and such though since it tends to have much lower file sizes then dxtory(no matter which codec I use)
Although for some of the games where Dxtory doesn't hook into the game, Audacity + Shadowplay makes for a great backup, you do have to sync it up manually in post, but it's better than nothing.

steam is great btw

Clicked continue and they popped up. But the game doesn't support cloud saves so I hope you still have your save somewhere.

I should -- I have a scheduled task for GSM every 3 days or so (which syncs out to my google drive space) and I don't think uninstalling deletes your save files as well... (and I haven't manually deleted it, so I think I should be good).

If not, as I said, there's always SAM. :p

Nabs

Humble leftover:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut -- MB-B6C949961DA06DE6 - Taken by Oldschoolgamer

Arthea

Thanks guys, you convinced me, I spent enough time as it is going through my licenses trying to figure out what happened, and there is no point in spending even more time submitting ticked that will change nothing (><)

If you mean it let you activate a key even though you owned the game already that's because the bundle version has access to more depots than the Steam one for whatever reason.

I had the same happen with the Humble version of Home and Mutant Blobs Attack as well.

now when you mention it, I was surprised that I didn't have it (><)
This explains a lot!

dex3108

So The Vanishing of Ethan Carter got achievements and 11 you will get when you start game and 3 achievements are secret XDI have found one but last two i can't find :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom