• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
What do you guys think?

Would it be possible to have tags that do the opposite? Show only owned games?

I would have found that useful yesterday when doing GOTY considerations.

Khronico

Huh. It's weird, I'm more interested in playing the AW campaign and coop modes more than competitive mp. Both look really good from what I've seen. Guess I'll put it on the wishlist.

Also super hyped to play Rebirth on release day
on my vita

def sim

Same here.

We must have passed on the THQ bundle or something. :/

Well as much as I like both Guerrilla and Armageddon for what they both brought to the table Guerrilla didn't have this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ot1-vCVQa8

In fact bar a few missteps with 2 I quite like the whole series. The Rail Driver is one of the best FPS weapons ever no question.

That is one deeply disturbing, yet adorable weapon. I'll install Armageddon and see what it's about later in the month. I'll be trying out a whole bunch of games when I upgrade some parts on my PC then, anyhow.

Also, yes, the Rail Driver is great. It reminded me of the farsight in Perfect Dark and it's a ton of fun.

Accoun

Same here, though good luck finding them on sale on PC - I don't think any of them have ever been discounted more than 50% off, including the original Call of Duty from 2003.

I actually saw World At War in a supermarket a few weeks (or more) ago for a simillar price. I thought about getting it for Nazi Zombies, but whatever. From what I remember, both WAW and BO1 dropped in price at retail more than the MW games.

Jawmuncher

VC2-title.png
I just want to give you all the heads up if Valkyria Chronicles 2 ends up making it's way to PC please get that as well. Don't believe all the negative talk over it. Loved every minute of it on my PSP. Obviously you'll need to wrap your head around that it's a portable game so things are reduced in scale much like we saw with peace walker HD.

Chariot

I just want to give you all the heads up if Valkyria Chronicles 2 ends up making it's way to PC please get that as well. Don't believe all the negative talk over it. Loved every minute of it on my PSP. Obviously you'll need to wrap your head around that it's a portable game so things are reduced in scale much like we saw with peace walker HD.
YES!
I have the game for the PSP and the Vita. And I will triple-dip it for PC. Maybe we get VC 3 then. And Vanquish.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Would it be possible to have tags that do the opposite? Show only owned games?

I would have found that useful yesterday when doing GOTY considerations.

Yeah it should be pretty easy, I'll see what I can do.

Tizoc

Yup, focus on gameplay and ignore the story and you should be fine.

Jawmuncher

Yup, focus on gameplay and ignore the story and you should be fine.

I still don't know why the story is so hated.
I liked it. I'm in the LTTP VC3 thread and everyone is telling me i'm dead wrong.
I don't know what I am missing. Since I don't mind the tropes in it.
It's like a military school persona to me.

I checked the thread and didn't see this addressed. Is it safe to buy COD:AW from Nuuvem? It's 44 bucks there. I cannot find any other entries in the Steam DB aside from https://steamdb.info/app/209650/, so it looks like it's not region locked?

Yes, it is region locked, but not from Nuuvem.
And I think considering the number of posters talking about getting it from Nuuvem or asking the same question that your search/checking function must be broken. :p

Would you guys buy Ni no Kuni if it come out on Steam? ;)

Why wouldn't we?
It's currently on my PS3 and I never want to turn that on anymore, so maybe I'd actually play it.

Jawmuncher

Only if I can buy Ninokuni for 10 dollars again.
Only reason I buy Namco PS3 Jrpgs I don't have time for.
They give great deep discounts.

joe2187

Banned
I still don't know why the story is so hated.
I liked it. I'm in the LTTP VC3 thread and everyone is telling me i'm dead wrong.
I don't know what I am missing. Since I don't mind the tropes in it.
It's like a military school persona to me.

Because its poorly written.
Because the characters are 2D cutouts from shonen anime.
Because its a pandering mess
Because of Avans stupid fucking laugh that plays whenever you push a button
Because it had very little ties to the story of VC1
Because it takes the more serious tone of the first game and shits all over it.

The combat is the only thing the game got right, everything else was a mind numbing slog.

Jawmuncher

Because its poorly written.
Because the characters are 2D cutouts from shonen anime.
Because its a pandering mess
Because of Avans stupid fucking laugh that plays whenever you push a button
Because it had very little ties to the story of VC1
Because it takes the more serious tone of the first game and shits all over it.

The combat is the only thing the game got right, everything else was a mind numbing slog.

I guess I just got some really bad taste.
Literally nothing there affected my enjoyment of the game.
I'll be playing VC1 next week and VC2 sometime soon after it.
I'll see if my opinion changes once I have done so.

As I said in the other thread considering it made me interested in the series, it was at least doing something right for me at least.

Turfster

"Oh yeah I never did play that Tiny Tina DLC for Blands 2."
*starts DLC, instantly gets stomped by enemies that are super high level elites that kill in 3 hits*
"... seriously?"

How do you get the showcase again?
It's on your profile page when you edit it.
All the way at the bottom of the page, you haeve X showcases you can pick, where X is level/10

Xyc6ZIR.gif

Played it on PS3 and it was the definition of "meh". Not a terrible game, mind you, but not anything great either (or even "good" in my opinion).

i loved ni no kuni, only problem is that the game didn't know when to end. (ending spoilers:
it should've ended with shadar, white witch part just felt tacked on and she didn't even pay for her sins like shadar did. it was just like "k my bad bros." the end.
If it ended after shadar the ending would've been really good imo. )

Shadownet

Banned
As someone who owns a sealed PS3 copy, hell yeah.
I had to kill someone for this.
Well no, but I did stayed up all night on the computer to be able to pre-order this. Had to do it twice cause the first order got cancelled.
It seems to be a proven fact that the Steam demographic will throw money at anything Japanese that launches on the store.
I wonder what is the worst Japanese game ever, if it come to Steam will GAF goes crazy over it as well.
What do you guys have against my DVD drive? Ya'll hangin round with ya fancy BD-drives?
Bro, you need to get a Blu-ray Drive.

Just seen for the first time that the Steam level is shown in friend invites, makes it easier and faster to ignore those more 'dubious' accounts

Shadownet

Banned
Just seen for the first time that the Steam level is shown in friend invites, makes it easier and faster to ignore those more 'dubious' accounts
I had a guy who added me today, he look like someone who has a legit account. So I added and talk to him. It turned out he wanted to buy a US copy of AC:Unity and needed my help.

So he gave me $60 in Steam wallet and I bought him a copy. I guess not every stranger out there is bad.

eyeless

As someone who owns a sealed PS3 copy, hell yeah.
hey jshackles just wanted to ask you something about es, will you be adding the ability to rearrange where certain things are on the steam homepage? all i'm really interested in is just the ability to put the daily deal back where the "recommended for you" is right now, where it used to be. just wondering, thanks.

Someone who was level 14 added me today, since they weren't level 0 I accepted, and asked what was going on.

Random person: hi, I went to school with you
Random person: here are some pics (phishing link)

The funny thing is that my profile clearly states that I'm from Argentina, and my name is obviously Hispanic, so it was a really stupid way to get someone to click a phishing link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom