• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we tracking Elfir in the Steam Thread?

tumblr_nebp0ytZvf1u2uscho1_r2_400.gif
tumblr_nedmhr2wtn1u2uscho1_400.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=924724

Looks pretty rad.

I need this.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
hey jshackles just wanted to ask you something about es, will you be adding the ability to rearrange where certain things are on the steam homepage? all i'm really interested in is just the ability to put the daily deal back where the "recommended for you" is right now, where it used to be. just wondering, thanks.

It's something I've been looking into, but I'm not sure yet if I'll be adding it (since a slight change in the layout could cause things not to appear where they're supposed to).

However, the latest versions include a "Customize" menu on the home page, where you can enable or disable certain elements such as the "New on Steam", "Recommended by Curators", etc. I usually keep mine set this way:

And it's as close to the "old" layout as I've found. Hope this helps!

To anyone else who has downloaded the Red Faction Guerilla no G4WL patch, can you confirm that I'm not crazy and that the game actually looks better in the new DX9 version? It seems brighter and doesn't have a kind of blur filter over the image.

EDIT: Confirmed crazy, they both look the same, I might as well play in the DX9 version for that extra frame or two.

Dr Dogg

45 hours it took me to finish the main questline of Ni no Kuni. I got about half way into the end game content before moving on. Loved the world, the characters, the design, artstyle and Ghibiliness of it all but the battle system was the weak link for me. From what I've seen of the original DS battle system, that looked a lot better as it was more of a tactical and formation based system closer to PokeMon than the hybrid, real time with ATB style commands the PS3 version got.

But yeah I'd pick it up if a PC version ever materialised, well seeing as Namco got the idea with what PC gamers want with Dark Souls II. Downsampled Ni no Kuni is the stuff of dreams.

Maniac

Banned
Zombie mode has always been a Treyarch thing so it doesn't seem particularly offensive to me. Not like it isn't already a meaty package.
Aw yis, keep drinkin' dat koolaid. Actiblizzion loves it. :p

Oh and hurr, Shadow! I don't need to save up for the winter sale! :3... Got 76 euros in my Steamwallet from selling cards and stuff, lol

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Baldur's Gate: Extended Edition -- MB-A71B5CCA488BB969 - Taken by Diedac. 32 entrants total.
Baldur's Gate II: Extended Edition -- MB-C3263A19DD35C429 - Taken by eyeless. 31 entrants total.

t1415073204z1.png

xBladeM6x

I just want to give you all the heads up if Valkyria Chronicles 2 ends up making it's way to PC please get that as well. Don't believe all the negative talk over it. Loved every minute of it on my PSP. Obviously you'll need to wrap your head around that it's a portable game so things are reduced in scale much like we saw with peace walker HD.

You almost gave me a heart attack with that picture, thinking it was coming.
I already pre-ordered VC, so I've done my part.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
i don't get people that don't like pixelart

I'm getting kind of tired of it. The intentionally pixelated style I mean.

I mean there's no reason you can't do 2D sprites and have them look like they came out of a computer that existed this century.

I guess I'm just not actually nostalgic for the "good old days" where characters apparently didn't have faces?

Banner Saga looked just fine, that's all I'm sayin.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
It's something I've been looking into, but I'm not sure yet if I'll be adding it (since a slight change in the layout could cause things not to appear where they're supposed to).

However, the latest versions include a "Customize" menu on the home page, where you can enable or disable certain elements such as the "New on Steam", "Recommended by Curators", etc. I usually keep mine set this way:

And it's as close to the "old" layout as I've found. Hope this helps!

that customise to remove sections isnt there anymore

So, having just played Lego Hobbit and LotR back-to-back, to 100%, I can say with certainty, Traveller's Tales is filled to the brim with fucking imbeciles. So many bugs, so many godawful design choices...

I don't think I've ever played a buggier game than the Lego titles. And that sucks, because I love them, they're good fun. But I only spend like half the time enjoying myself, and the other half asking, "WTF is this bug? How the hell did this game clear QA?"

Certainly kills any hype I might have for future Lego titles. No way I pick any of them up before they hit 75% off. And I've still got Marvel and Lego Movie sitting in my library, but there's no way I'm touching those for a good long while, I'm Lego'd out.

TT needs to get their shit together.

Tenrius

So, having just played Lego Hobbit and LotR back-to-back, to 100%, I can say with certainty, Traveller's Tales is filled to the brim with fucking imbeciles. So many bugs, so many godawful design choices...

I don't think I've ever played a buggier game than the Lego titles. And that sucks, because I love them, they're good fun. But I only spend like half the time enjoying myself, and the other half asking, "WTF is this bug? How the hell did this game clear QA?"

Certainly kills any hype I might have for future Lego titles. No way I pick any of them up before they hit 75% off. And I've still got Marvel and Lego Movie sitting in my library, but there's no way I'm touching those for a good long while, I'm Lego'd out.

TT needs to get their shit together.

Or maybe you've just burned yourself out. Just saying, don't know about the bugs (although I didn't really encounter anything noticeable during the relatively short time I spent with LotR; the other Lego game I played was the Star Wars one and I enjoyed that much more).

Messiah

What in the hell, did they just put a call out for 2 dozen annoying ass hell people and threw them all in a room together? Theres 2 cats and kid on skype and guy in KKK robes, like what is going on.

10 minutes later I still have not figured out what's going on in this stream.

zkylon

zkylewd
You just like the 2nd game cuz the mc is a girl =_=
didn't even realize until you mentioned it

she looks cool tho

I'm getting kind of tired of it. The intentionally pixelated style I mean.

I mean there's no reason you can't do 2D sprites and have them look like they came out of a computer that existed this century.

I guess I'm just not actually nostalgic for the "good old days" where characters apparently didn't have faces?

Banner Saga looked just fine, that's all I'm sayin.
i like pixelart because it doesn't lay all the information for you, it leaves things for you to figure out and use your imagination while still giving you personality and material and 'feel'. and modern pixelart uses all the advantages of computers of this century by using advanced parallax scrolling, real time lighting and shadows, post processing shaders and millions of colors

i like it

I wish the Steam Sale would hurry up and start. My backlog is empty and I want to stock up on titles, but it feels dumb to spend $20-30 on a single game when I know I'll get 5 for that price in a few more weeks.

#FWP

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GFWL removal patch doesn't change the fact you should play Guerrila on easy correct?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
that customise to remove sections isnt there anymore

Still working here, though it's partially hidden by the large Call of Duty banner at the top. It should be right above where the "Weeklong Deals" banner is now. What version of Enhanced Steam do you have?

Ozium

just woke up from a nice nap, thanks again to everyone who wished well wishes and gifted me something (y'all didn't have to do that but I appreciate it)

grabbed BoI Rebirth for 3 keys from dispenser and it's preloading now... 2hype4me

"Today was a good day!" -TF2 Soldier

edit: the file size for isaac is so low that is a pre-load even necessary?

yes.. yes it is :D

Messiah

just woke up from a nice nap, thanks again to everyone who wished well wishes and gifted me something (y'all didn't have to do that but I appreciate it)

grabbed BoI Rebirth for 3 keys from dispenser and it's preloading now... 2hype4me

"Today was a good day!" -TF2 Soldier

edit: the file size for isaac is so low that is a pre-load even necessary?

yes.. yes it is :D

I hope my 56k dial-up will finish it until tomorrow :(

I was worried about the new artstyle, but it turned out really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom