• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
so who all is on the rebirth train besides nabs, grief, punished snake and myself?

roll call!

Me too! I got deep into the original and managed to get quite a lot of unlocks before a steam cloud snafu and a broken laptop ended up with me losing some progress and I decided to wait it out and start fresh with Rebith. So pumped. Only, what, 4 hours to go now?

Ezalc

Subscribe to the thread. Problem solved :)

Thread changes too fast for that. It's a bigger pain in the ass to delete a sub then sub to the new one than to just go into community and find the thread. Just need to start the habit of looking in community in the first place.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
OTs are moved to Community once they're a month old. Sometimes, though, they're forgotten about until they're bumped again.

I know, but I was thinking more along the lines that the gaming discussion forum should focus on one off question and discussions rather than having community based threads :p

As a side note, I highly doubt that the thread will be forgotten because we all post so much anyway. It'll probably become even more insular than it already is, and not have a whole lot of new faces pop up for a while, but I'm sure we'll get new people in here eventually.

Jawmuncher

Was probably already brought up but
Eden for some reason is already 50% off on the store page
Think that's a pricing error or one hell of a day 1 sale.
It's 2 keys in russia

I came home from work expecting to find Rebirth already unlocked but no dice :(

Also, finding the Steam thread was a bit hard.

Yakkue

To anyone who likes 2D top-down shooters: Crimson Clover is for sale at Nuuvem for about 1,60€ (4,99R$) right now.

Knurek's Steam Review said:
The best 2D shooter on Steam, no questions asked.
Will remain the best one until Cave gets off their arses and ports their games to Windows, or till someone manages to convince ZUN there's a market for Touhou games outside of Japan.
The ratio of explosions per second, especially in the double break mode, is something that no amount of words can describe properly.
If you have any interest in arcade type shmups, buy this game this instant!
Edit:
Already posted the deal
I'm so slow =(

derExperte

so who all is on the rebirth train besides nabs, grief, punished snake and myself?

roll call!

I'll download it when PS+ updates tomorrow. Maybe even play it. And then probably decide to wait for a Steam sale. As you can see, I'm verrrry excited.

Knurek

I think I hate this thread more than I hate Community, so I guess this is cool.

We love you too, Nabs.
Been playing SP of Battlefield 3 lately, should be done with it either today or tomorrow.
It sure does look pretty, almost Mirror's Edge pretty at times... And hey, if you treat it (and its ilk) as a Virtua Cop sequel, it's almost... fun?
Almost.
(I wish all Calladuty games had a Virtua Cop mode, with automated player movement).

chronomac

I was going through my unclaimed Humble Bundle purchases and I've got a booster pack for Warframe. If anyone here plays that, PM me. I also have an Almighty Zeus skin for Smite.

First moving people arrive early in the morning, then I get on GAF and find homeroom's changed. What a gas!

I'm waiting for Crimson Clover to debut on GOG so we can tell Degica somethin'.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do fire the game up at least once.
I really think you will enjoy collecting all of the stars the game drops on screen. :)

Haha, well, first thing's first: I need to finish Styx before Unity hits. ;) Just a little more than a week to go (perhaps sooner still as it seems Ubi hasn't set specific release dates yet).

So GAF is just community for me now that Giant Bomb, Dota 2, and Steam are all here. Bonus for us being able to point up to B/S/T easier than ever before.

Jawmuncher

I'm thinking of getting my dad Valkyria Chronicles for his Birthday.
He really liked X-com so it would probably be right up his alley.

r3n4ud

Haha, well, first thing's first: I need to finish Styx before Unity hits. ;) Just a little more than a week to go (perhaps sooner still as it seems Ubi hasn't set specific release dates yet).
Well, if toddhunter is correct, you'll have more than a week to finish Styx before Unity releases ;)

Sad moment of the day that makes me realize im getting old: someone in the d4 on sale thread asking if this is a good Japanese game since he/she hasn't really played a Japanese game before.

Back in my day, the only thing you really could play on a console was a good Japanese game.

Dammit time, stop making this aging stuff hard on me.

XShagrath

A little housewarming gift for our new home in Community.

ModBot said:
Instructions for XShagrath:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (XShagrath, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Home -- MB-E138510B0E04ECD4 - Taken by chronomac
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-FDBCCC67D82C817C
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-299FE34F6D8EF936 - Taken by Ezalc

r3n4ud

What shop? And good luck since the 970 isn't even eligible.
It is. Read down a bit...

Enabling ultra settings and the many GameWorks effects will require serious pixel-pushing prowess, as each game makes full use of today’s systems. For many that will mean an upgrade is in order, and from today if you upgrade your system with a GeForce GTX 980, 970, 780 Ti or 780, or buy a new GeForce GTX 900M notebook, you can pick the path of an assassin, a freedom fighter, or a racer, and download Assassin’s Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, or The Crew for free. For further details scroll down, or visit the Pick Your Path Bundle homepage.

Knurek

Sad moment of the day that makes me realize im getting old: someone in the d4 on sale thread asking if this is a good Japanese game since he/she hasn't really played a Japanese game before.

Back in my day, the only thing you really could play on a console was a good Japanese game.

What console are you talking about? Anything other than NeoGeo had lots of good non-Japanese games...

It's a great palate cleanser, as a typical game lasts between 2 minutes and half an hour (depending on the mode you choose) and gives you a large enough adrenaline rush to last you through another 8+ hour session through an Ubisoft open world handbook designed game.

No 970?

I would have checked out Far Cry 4.

Don't you have a grudge against Uplay?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Was probably already brought up but
Eden for some reason is already 50% off on the store page
Think that's a pricing error or one hell of a day 1 sale.
It's 2 keys in russia

Somehow it's still slightly expensive after that discount >_>

And I don't think the people I've bought keys from in the past have any.

I also did it slightly sad that sales and bundles have affected me to the point that I find that price "slightly expensive."

A little housewarming gift for our new home in Community.

That pun though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No 970?

I would have checked out Far Cry 4.

I don't know if I'll dive into Far Cry 4 after Unity. I couldn't bring myself to finish Blood Dragon due to it being structurally identical to Far Cry 3 proper (100%ing that was the first time playing an Ubi game actually felt like a chore) and what I've seen of 4 doesn't inspire confidence that I'll feel differently about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom