• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I don't know if I'll dive into Far Cry 4 after Unity. I couldn't bring myself to finish Blood Dragon due to it being structurally identical to Far Cry 3 proper (100%ing that was the first time playing an Ubi game actually felt like a chore) and what I've seen of 4 doesn't inspire confidence that I'll feel differently about it.

I haven't played either so I am not dead on the formula yet!

It says 970 in the text, guess they forgot it on the banner.

Caseking, and no luck :(

According to the actual Pick Your Path Bundle page, the 970 is included too.

Ya I just saw that in the text.

What console are you talking about? Anything other than NeoGeo had lots of good non-Japanese games...

sure, but you wouldn't have anyone who grew up from the 8 bit->PS2 generation who was a japanese gaming virgin. That would require you skipped some of history's greatest games in the process.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I don't know if I'll dive into Far Cry 4 after Unity. I couldn't bring myself to finish Blood Dragon due to it being structurally identical to Far Cry 3 proper (100%ing that was the first time playing an Ubi game actually felt like a chore) and what I've seen of 4 doesn't inspire confidence that I'll feel differently about it.
It annoyed me that a random truck in Blood Dragon could only be found during a certain mission in the game that couldn't be activated again later on. It's not a big deal but hopefully there's no oversight like that in FC4 since running around 100%-ing things in games like AC, FC3 and JC2 is what I find most fun about them.

I felt the formula wearing thin by the end of Blood Dragon too but since I'll most likely only grab FC4 when it's dirty cheap I think I'll be down for it again by then. :p

derExperte

For people that are having a hard time finding this thread just check your posts.

It's not hard.

I do that quite often. But for some reason you can't click on the GAF logo in search results to got to the latest unread post. Who do I have to mail to change that?

It says 970 in the text, guess they forgot it on the banner.

Caseking, and no luck :(

Mindfactory once gave me a code despite buying a card weeks before the promotion. Doubt Alternate will do the same. Stingy bastards.

I'm not quite sure why, but I'm trying to force myself through Kane and Lynch: Dead Men.
Currently a little over halfway done, so eh, may as well finish the rest of it, but I'm really surprised there's no online coop for this game, only local.

Seems...Odd.

Copons

I feel like Napoleon after he was exiled to Elba

As I've been there for like 20 or so summers, I must say that Napoleon got it totally right being sent there, so hell, maybe this all Community thing will in fact be a friggin sweet vacation, with good food, good wine, cool beaches and a fair share of uninhibited German gals toplessing around.

EDIT: meaningful first post is meaningful

MadGear

I do that quite often. But for some reason you can't click on the GAF logo in search results to got to the latest unread post. Who do I have to mail to change that?

Mindfactory once gave me a code despite buying a card weeks before the promotion. Doubt Alternate will do the same. Stingy bastards.

Lucky you, they didn't want to give me a Watch_Dogs code for a card i bought a few days prior to the promotion.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
This thread has been deserving a community death sentence forever. The smaller threads that only survived by being bumped to the front page routinely don't deserve the same fate.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
At the bottom of a page, there is Tools button. Press on it and there you will find Subscribe button

Crimzon Clover is super cheap in Nuuvem, its only 4.99 brazilian dollars which is around 2.5 USD
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2376-crimzon-clover-world-ignition

Decided to buy this blindly on how cheap it was (and I also wanted to see if I could use my USD funds on my Brazilian paypal to buy games off Nuuvem - turns out I can't) and i'm really impressed.

Game is great. Way better than I expected. Great art and runs pretty well. If you like shmups, you should get it.

...now what ever happened to horizontal shmups.

derExperte

So can we finally talk about smelling GabeN's hair while he isn't looking and secretly taking pictures of his legs?

Lucky you, they didn't want to give me a Watch_Dogs code for a card i bought a few days prior to the promotion.

Others have already asked, neither Mindfactory nor Alternate are giving keys to early adopters. Can't really complainof course, everyone knew a promotion like this would happen, I just thought it would take longer.

MadGear

Probably old news to this thread, but Valve region locked Counter-strike: Global Offensive to curb the cheating.

But how much does it actually matter when the game is available for a few bucks during sales?
After all the same guys spend a good chunk of money on the cheats itself, so they obviously do not seem to mind spending money to be able to cheat in CSGO.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
But how much does it actually matter when the game is available for a few bucks during sales?
After all the same guys spend a good chunk of money on the cheats itself, so they obviously do not seem to mind spending money to be able to cheat in CSGO.
They probably will also put it on sale less often or for less of a discount.

Already they haven't marked it down as cheap as it was in the past for the recent sales

Ezalc

Decided to buy this blindly on how cheap it was (and I also wanted to see if I could use my USD funds on my Brazilian paypal to buy games off Nuuvem - turns out I can't) and i'm really impressed.

Game is great. Way better than I expected. Great art and runs pretty well. If you like shmups, you should get it.

...now what ever happened to horizontal shmups.

Bah I just got transistor. Gonna have to wait on the christmas sale or something for this. Good to see that it's a good game though. Just sad that Cave doesn't bring it's shmups to steam.

rtcn63

I almost forgot about the Vita. I've been meaning to pick up one, though I have indies on PC and crossplats on PS3. Games go for about $10 on sale from Amazon pretty regularly. I like having something to play while watching MMA.

Having have two hard drives fail recently (and needing to both replace them and to buy spares), I'll probably at most be able to budget one system, and that's likely going to be a Wii U. Do the newer ones still suffer the disc noise I've been reading about?

They still get released, don't they?
Definitely.
Thing is though, when it comes to the doujin community, 95% of the games are danmaku/bullethell, which translates to almost nothing but verts.

Some sub 1-hour opinions of various games:

Heroes of a Broken Land - Looks intriguing. You build a town, construct armor-smiths, enchanters, guilds, then go exploring. Dungeons are basically in the vein of Wizardry (though not nearly as involved). A lot of customization as well. You can make a HUGE world that'll take forever to explore or a tiny tiny one where all of the dungeons are within walking distance. Definitely gonna put more time into this.

Holy Avatar vs Maidens of the dead - *groan* It's something of an SRPG where all the women kiss up to this Semi-divine dude. I get the feeling that there's going to be a lot damsels in distress that need saving and ugh... The actual game doesn't look to have much depth, it's mostly something to move the plot along.

Jazzpunk - Actually got all of the achievements for this one, still not sure what to make of it. It's an adventure game sorta, but it's mostly an experience. You interact with stuff, things happen, and you just gotta roll with it. It's neat, but I can't imagine paying much money for it(which is just as well since I got it in a bundle).

Splatter: Blood Red Edition - Another overhead zombie-shooter. I'll have to put more time into it to figure out what sets this game apart.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
For people that are having a hard time finding this thread just check your posts.

It's not hard.

Do a lot of GAF'ers not use subscriptions? It sure sounds like a lot of you don't. Why not then? Subscribing to a thread makes it super easy to find anytime and anywhere. Putting a thread in community literally has zero impact on me, I just don't see the big problem?

Blizzard

Banned
Update on a long-standing saga for me: Long ago I wished you could opt out of updating Steam games, primarily for modding purposes or playing offline (I was working on custom maps for Mirror's Edge at the time).

Less long ago, Valve finally added a lovely dialog that let you say hey, play the old version of a game, OR download/install the update! I was so happy I made an ancient thread about it.

Even less long ago, Valve either changed it, or I had misinterpreted in my glee, and now the dialog only popped up if you had multiple downloads queued, and wanted to play a non-updated game. You could still do it, but you had to have an un-updated game sitting there paused for some reason.

Now, after JaseC pointed it out to me, I confirmed that Valve completely disabled this. No idea why.
Blizzard said:
I just tested this with Project CARS and Banished both queued to download. I think Project CARS had partially downloaded, and I paused everything with Banished completely non-downloaded.

Trying to launch Banished immediately forced the update to start downloading, so you're correct, Valve appears to have literally removed even the partial option to play old updates, avoid breaking mods, play un-updated games offline, and so forth. This makes me a bit sad and I wish Valve would ever comment on why.

louiedog

Do a lot of GAF'ers not use subscriptions? It sure sounds like a lot of you don't. Why not then? Subscribing to a thread makes it super easy to find anytime and anywhere. Putting a thread in community literally has zero impact on me, I just don't see the big problem?

I didn't until today. This is the only thread I care about being able to easily find and it was almost always right there on the first page, usually without even needing to scroll or ctrl+f.

Ban Puncher

the super best friends have ruined everything i loved on this video game discussion board

2146551-hallofdoom__1_.jpg

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Doom...

Turfster

I had a terrible nightmare... and when I woke up, the nightmare was real.
I'm sad now.

It also ruined one of our in-jokes.
Maybe we can turn it on its head?
"Please, try to post better quality stuff. Maybe they'll move us back to gaming then" doesn't quite have the same ring to it, though.

so Turfster can make a new thread in Gaming Community every day for each daily deal, right?
Dun wanna.

All those lists... poor Turfster.
Please think of the poor me and don't post lists.

This is all Turfsters fault, he broke the balance of the world when he wasn't here for two days to post the dailys. I knew it, I knew it!
The world conspired against me!

Maybe now we won't get 100000000 pages to catch up on when you wake up!
Dunno, this little stunt gave me 10 pages to read through =p

Gamersgate has Super Meat Boy 80% off
They also have the Chivalry games 75% off

The Paradox Grand Strategy collection is 75% off on Steam for slightly less than 2 more hours (also some individual games like EU4 and CK2)

Indiegala every monday bundle
Price: 1.89$ (will go higher)
  • Snow Light
  • Hamlet
  • Crow
  • AVSEQ
  • Wayward Manor
  • Heartlands (GL)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So can we finally talk about smelling GabeN's hair while he isn't looking and secretly taking pictures of his legs?

You do that too? Man, that's great I kinda thought it is a bit weird doing that but since other people do that it probably isn't :D

Also since I'm gonna miss it anyway: If somebody gets a cheap code for Far Cry 4 and is willing to sell it: Phone me.

derExperte

No because I still like to browse the forum the normal way to see what's going on elsewhere and since this thread is (was) always on the first page anyway....

You do that too? Man, that's great I kinda thought it is a bit weird doing that but since other people do that it probably isn't :D

We should post our vast picture collections. And don't let anyone tell you you're creepy.
Send me some of your hair pls.

Arthea

Indiegala monday is on tuesday? Makes sense... not

Snow Light
Hamlet or the Last Game without MMORPG Features, Shaders ...
Crow
AVSEQ
Wayward Manor
Hearthlands

I can't access my indiegala account now too, after the site update. This is getting annoying beyond belief.

edited: damit Turf, I worked hard to post it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom