• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing is, theres loads of stupid shit in Dragons Dogma he could have spoiled which wouldn't have had a huge detriment to someones enjoyment playing the first time through , after all, 90% of Dragons Dogma's story is more or less crap. But what he spoiled is one of the absolute best bits of the story in the game. It contextualizes a shit ton, and it's amazing that Capcom had the restraint to hold back on it for as long as they did.

Even if he did spoiler tag it, I'd wouldn't even mention in here, since there's so many who abstained from playing the game on the hopes of a PC port.

But seriously dude lol, think before you post next time

iosefe

i was foolish and clicked the spoilers thinking it was a long string of fake spoilers
knowing it wont be detrimental to my eventuall PC playthrough i'm sure, and odds are i may forget

damned if you do/don't

Lunaniem

you know which game doesn't have spoiler problems

league of legends

join more than 70m people on the most played game on the planet!

it's free*!

It's a shame Valve hasn't released a similar game that's completely free to play on Steam.
wink.gif

~Kinggi~

Banned
Wow, RE 5 steam edition really is fucked. I couldnt launch it kept getting Res = 1 error. Steam community had same issue and some guy had to make an unofficial patch.

Im pretty sure its related to me uninstalling GFWL. The irony.

i was foolish and clicked the spoilers thinking it was a long string of fake spoilers
knowing it wont be detrimental to my eventuall PC playthrough i'm sure, and odds are i may forget

damned if you do/don't

This is why I'd question the relevance of sticking spoilers in here at all, wheter they're tagged or not. I know we should probabbly ignore it, but I think having some ground rules about spoilers in the Steam thread is worth talking about, especially considering the enormous presence of belated ports on Steam these days. "Just don't mention shit for high profile ports which people who people have been waiting years for" might also be a suggestion lol

I would personally cut a bitch if someone spoiled me on the exploits of Lightning da gawdess in lightning returns (even though I kinda know what happens and spoilers have been zipping around for nearly 2 years)

I just don't think anyone truly comes in here to talk spoilers, at all.

zkylon

zkylewd
i played like 6 games of doto

it's like league but i have to learn everything again and everyone is ugly

no thank you

i'll just play overwatch the ultimate moba

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
All of this spoiler talk is reminding me of how I spoiled one of the biggest twists of Valkyria Chronicles for myself when I looked at a list of hidden potentials for story relevant characters (HUGE ASS SPOILER:
I put together "mystery body" -> Valkyria, and mistakenly read a sentence on a picture of her profile in a steam guide, which said she was an orphan
). For those of you enjoying the plot, don't do that to yourself. That happened to me when I was only in chapter 3 or 4, so I tried so hard to convince myself otherwise for a long time. ;_;

Sometimes I hate having a really good memory. Like I got spoiled on the plot twist of Bioshock years ago on GAF, but I still remember it clearly.

Speaking of trivias, can you send another answer or only one?
Only one. Which is why I think that giveaway has stayed unclaimed for so long; a lot of people who could answer it probably used up their one shot to get it.

Also, got spoiled on Danganronpa early

:-(
That really sucks. I'm sorry that happened to you. :(

iosefe

This is why I'd question the relevance of sticking spoilers in here at all, wheter they're tagged or not. I know we should probabbly ignore it, but I think having some ground rules about spoilers in the Steam thread is worth talking about, especially considering the enormous presence of belated ports on Steam these days. "Just don't mention shit for high profile ports which people who people have been waiting years for" might also be a suggestion lol

I would personally cut a bitch if someone spoiled me on the exploits of Lightning da gawdess in lightning returns (even though I kinda know what happens and spoilers have been zipping around for nearly 2 years)

I just don't think anyone truly comes in here to talk spoilers, at all.

i make a habit of taggin actual spoilers as i did with (actual spoilers)

that way you know for sure

Accoun

I got spoiled on Heavy Rain less than half an hour before finding out in game who is the Origami Killer.
Also, got spoiled on Danganronpa early

:-(

Adnor

Banned
It's more exciting if you don't know who wins and not everyone can watch live? Of course, it doesn't happen on streams, but on VODs, sure. For example, TotalBiscuit adds like half an hour (or more?) of splash screen at the end of his commented Starcraft matches, so that you can't say "X has won so many rounds and the video is finishing soon so Y surely won't make a comeback".

Makes sense, never thought of it because I'm so used to tournaments and stuff like that being a moment thing even when I'm watching it later.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm really close to dropping jessica jones

really disappointed by how pedestrian these last episodes have been

this has been a really reocurring theme with tv shows lately for me. i watch like half of it and then it just goes nowhere interesting with anything it builds and i'm just life's too short

sucks

izombie is still the best

Have you seen Luna though?
5PgeuoX.gif
meh

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i make a habit of taggin actual spoilers as i did with (actual spoilers)

that way you know for sure

Not appropriately prefacing spoilers is technically against the rules, but people misuse the tag so often that it's only enforced in cases where someone deliberately set out to spoil something (randomly inject a Game of Thrones spoiler and see how far you get, for example).

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So, I haven't played a Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare 2. Is it normal that I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEAD what is happening?

This is how a scene in CoD plays out (I'm gonna put this in a spoiler, even though I don't even know what any of it means, it's the mission in Egypt)
Player character: Hello Khalil, nice to see you. How are you?
K: Good thanks to Raul Mendez
*me*: Who is Khalil? Who is Raul Mendez?
K: Since the strike of 25 the D.E.A.D System has been in place but the NRC is coming
*me* what is the strike of 25? What is the DEAD System? Who are the NRC?

Then everything explodes and you shoot a bunch of robots.

I don't even know who I'm working for? The army? The CIA?

Dsyndrome

Only thing spoiled for me on Gaf was Persona 4's villain. Was so angry about that shit, it's been at least half a year... But I can't fucking forget. Thanks random dude on Gaming side.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Only thing spoiled for me on Gaf was Persona 4's villain. Was so angry about that shit, it's been at least half a year... But I can't fucking forget. Thanks random dude on Gaming side.
Oh yeah, this happened to me too on GAF. It's been years and I still remember it (and still have P4 shrink wrapped, lol). I feel your pain.

zkylon

zkylewd
So, I haven't played a Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare 2. Is it normal that I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEAD what is happening?

This is how a scene in CoD plays out (I'm gonna put this in a spoiler, even though I don't even know what any of it means, it's the mission in Egypt)
K: Since the strike of 25 the D.E.A.D System has been in place but the NRC is coming

i have no idea what's happening at any given time in any call of duty campaign

it's like primer or something

That stuff is from Black Ops 2. There's a video that explains most of the BO1 and 2 story if you are interested (though that's probably the only real link to the previous BO games in BO3)

Edit: dunno if you are interested in it but here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVEbYbYd2ZE

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
i have no idea what's happening at any given time in any call of duty campaign

it's like primer or something

Thank god because I was beginning to feel really stupid. Everybody always says "Oh, the CoD campaigns are just super dumb action movies" so not understanding what is happening wouldn't reflect very well on my intellect.

That stuff is from Black Ops 2. There's a video that explains most of the BO1 and 2 story if you are interested (though that's probably the only real link to the previous BO games in BO3)

Edit: dunno if you are interested in it but here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVEbYbYd2ZE
Okay, that makes sense. Still, it would help to explain at least a little bit. There are so many damn factions in this game and I have no idea who any of them are.

The time for clarification on a story for a game probably shouldn't be half way through it.

I'm not asking "Oh, what's the motivation of the villain here?" or "I'm not sure if this character will turn out to be a traitor, that sucks"
I literally have no idea what is happening.

jediyoshi

The time for clarification on a story for a game probably shouldn't be half way through it.

Helped out a fellow with O&S. Feels good man.
At first starting hammering on Ornstein but the guy I was helping quickly ran my way and attacked. Understood he wanted to leave Ornstein v2 to get his special gear. So we started hammering on Smough. Fatty can take some heavy beating.
Was really fun helping out random people. Jolly Co-Op is jolly.

Monooboe

i'm really close to dropping jessica jones

really disappointed by how pedestrian these last episodes have been

If you're at the
super room
, you can't have many episodes left right? I think it's worth going but yeah I agree with you completely, it was so good first half, I just couldn't stop watching, went to bed after five in the morning thanks to it but it lost alot in the latter half. Though I have to say, not even Jessica Jones can make me dislike David Tennant.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thank god because I was beginning to feel really stupid. Everybody always says "Oh, the CoD campaigns are just super dumb action movies" so not understanding what is happening wouldn't reflect very well on my intellect.
it's all the jargon that makes it impossible to understand for me, as well as the plot often not making much sense to begin with

i remember going through bloops1 twice to actually understand what the hell had happened

tho i am a very slow and dumb person i have to admit

If you're at the
super room
, you can't have many episodes left right? I think it's worth going but yeah I agree with you completely, it was so good first half, I just couldn't stop watching, went to bed after five in the morning thanks to it but it lost alot in the latter half. Though I have to say, not even Jessica Jones can make me dislike David Tennant.
i just find myself rolling my eyes at how little substance and there is in these episodes and how ridiculously grimdark they've gotten. the
carrie ann moss
arc specifically proved to be just a waste of time that contributed absolutely nothing to the show. that character could've been removed entirely and you'd barely notice. then other stuff like this new
evil drugs cop guy
story and how often they go back and forth between
wanting to capture and kill kilgrave
just makes me feel that this show is like 4 or 5 episodes longer than it should've been

i'm watching the rest in hopes that giant superhot chocolate tank will show up again and save the day but i think they had a really good thing going for a few episodes and they just lost me entirely

and yea david tennant is indeed fantastic when the show gives him room to

Jazz573

Giveaway:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jazz573, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Go! Go! Nippon -- MB-88076C48CB375E35 - Taken by bigzgod

Btw, this is not the DLC.

Teggy

Have you turned down the shadow setting? Seems they had to brute force that mode so you are rendering ludicrously high-resolution shadows at the highest settings.

Yeah, I left it at like setting one. Some of the shadows are painful to look at (they are like Atari 2600 pixels), but setting shadows at higher levels just kills the game.

Sayara

Neo Member
I realize that after playing this Endless Dungeon for a few hours.

I am really bad at it. Hahahaha
WHY DO I PLAY VIDEO GAMES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom