• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Because it's an incredibly popular game. The one that brought JRPG's to the West. The one that had said death spoiled in the very teaser trailer that preceded it. The one whose big twist is a key component of several sequel works that followed it. A twist that literally pops up in Google if you type "ff7 aeris".

I agree with your point, though.

Let's put it this way, if you told me you hadn't played game x and you knew nothing about it, I wouldn't proceed to spoil it for you knowing full well what you just said. It's that simple

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Unholy Heights -- MB-21EBD5D3AF623B86 - Taken by Naaq. 1 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-3F3AF22D10A090AC - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-FA8AF0AB65F54182 - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.

t1448745858z1.png

Happy saturday!

Let's put it this way, if you told me you hadn't played game x and you knew nothing about it, I wouldn't proceed to spoil it for you knowing full well what you just said. It's that simple

You've been spoiled plenty of times over the course of your posting history with this board and never realized it. Happens to all of us, including me. Plenty of times.

Ruruja

I'm with Jase, I think all major plot points should be spoilered for anything no matter how old it is. Nobody is under an obligation to have watched/read/played something due to it being out for so many years.

The main word that applies here, I think, is whether you are being 'considerate' of other people. I wouldn't even spout Harry Potter spoilers like some in here have, because there might be someone just getting around to them, my selfishness isn't going to ruin their enjoyment of it.

I know people feel differently about spoilers, which I think is why being considerate is the right approach.

Teggy

Deathinitive Edition has all these nice character models and stuff but then look at the texture on the platform on the bottom that looks like it's from 15 years ago.

Game runs pretty weird too - 144fps at most times, but then will drop down to like 80 or even below 60 at other times.

Salsa

kinda wanna grab Far Cry 4 for BR price but I feel like after Dying Light im gonna be sorta burned out on that kind of game

also probably gonna be bummed that I cant parkour

might as well wait for winter

Grief.exe

Deathinitive Edition has all these nice character models and stuff but then look at the texture on the platform on the bottom that looks like it's from 15 years ago.

Game runs pretty weird too - 144fps at most times, but then will drop down to like 80 or even below 60 at other times.

Have you turned down the shadow setting? Seems they had to brute force that mode so you are rendering ludicrously high-resolution shadows at the highest settings.

Um was this a massive spoiler I just read?

ExoSoul

Banned
So, about Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

Crazy how you find out that
every dragon
was once
an arisen
who fell in the battle against the
Seneschal, the being controlling the universe
. And that when you defeat him you take his seat, just like he did when he deafeated the previous one.

I find it a nice touch that it saves the looks and gear of you character so that when you face him again in NG+ and more he looks just like you did.

And
Damien
, cursing every Arisen and drawing them to their death in Bitterblack Isle... So much so that one Arisen in particular was driven insane by loneliness
and came to believe that he had to offer one thousand human sacrifices to appease the Dragon's destructive nature in order to save his country
, making the Isle his hunting grounds.

Do be careful of your interactions though, you don't want to reach the end of th game to find that
Fournival
or the
Smithy
is your significant other...

Edit: this is what I had intended to post the first time around, realised too late the tags weren't there. Come what may...

Nzyme32

kinda wanna grab Far Cry 4 for BR price but I feel like after Dying Light im gonna be sorta burned out on that kind of game

also probably gonna be bummed that I cant parkour

might as well wait for winter

Probably best to wait till winter seal anyway. I would warn you that I've been told FC4 might as well just be more of FC3, but if that's what you are after it's worth it.

Um was this a massive spoiler I just read?
In an act of mercy, I ended up not reading the quoted post but only your post and the word Dragon's Dogma and instantly skipped reading.

Phew, as someone reeeaaaallllyyyy looking forward to DD, I'd hate to be spoiled so soon before it hitting.

"...and on the fifth day, Alex looked at the destruction he caused, and he saw that it was good."

Not even wading into this one further. I'm out.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's so annoying that netflix skips the jessica jones intro every time you move to the next episode

that intro is like the best thing in the show

also just finished ep 9
i feel they really fucked it up by not following the jess and kilgrave are buddies plotline. all of that was awesome, this super cage nonsense is so boring

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I read some of that...

Stopped pretty fast after I understood it was a spoiler post.

Come on exo, you're better than that.

Anteater

pretty random to spoil dragon's dogma's overall plot in a steam thread

DD doesn't have much story tho, so there's not much to spoil

zkylon

zkylewd
you know which game doesn't have spoiler problems

league of legends

join more than 70m people on the most played game on the planet!

it's free*!

zkylon

zkylewd
You're kidding right?

People complain about esports spoilers all the time.
only fools that don't stay up to 6 am to watch the pretty koreans play

Esport spoilers? Like... saying who won a tournament or something like that? Why???
well like if there's a game between two teams in korea so you know you're not gonna watch it live unless you have no life like someone i know and you wanna see the game as if it were live so it still has the excitement of not knowing the result you wouldn't want to be spoiled rite?

then again we have a thread for competitive league so whatevs~~~

Accoun

Esport spoilers? Like... saying who won a tournament or something like that? Why???

It's more exciting if you don't know who wins and not everyone can watch live? Of course, it doesn't happen on streams, but on VODs, sure. For example, TotalBiscuit adds like half an hour (or more?) of splash screen at the end of his commented Starcraft matches, so that you can't say "X has won so many rounds and the video is finishing soon so Y surely won't make a comeback".

Poor uncreditable male being the guy right above you.

I love trivia giveaways, though I think that one would be pretty hard if you havn't already played FFXIII-2.

I used to think that, but a certain someone basically posted the answer in this thread already.

All someone really needs to do at this point is add the letter p to a search term in Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom