• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
kat3btmrqftmeqmozu5a.png

Maybe we'll get it right this year.

Total Warhammer is definitely up there. Right alongside Stardew Valley and Tyranny for how much they surprised me.

I've really got to dive back into XCOM 2 to see how I feel about it. It's great, but the performance issues really brought it down overall.

rtcn63

I'm watching Ben's (EZA) archived stream of the beginning of Dishonored 2. Was Corvo silent in the first game? If so, they should've kept it that way. The writing is Max Payne levels of cringe.

zkylon

zkylewd
crt filters are terrible in every game

they're so lazy and look nothing like old tvs -___-

I'm watching Ben's (EZA) archived stream of the beginning of Dishonored 2. Was Corvo silent in the first game? If so, they should've kept it that way. The writing is Max Payne levels of cringe.
that's disappointing

characterization and plot was my #1 issue with disho1, i was kind of hoping that with emily as a lead and a talking corvo things would be a lot better :/

mp1990

Banned
I don't get why all you people are posting random banners when we all know only one game was released this year:

(and Kirby Robobot)

Part of me wants to buy MGS V on my new pc so that I can experience it in all its glory
I originally played it for ps3
but I dont think I can live through such disappointment once again

City 17

My steam GotY would Dark Souls 1. As for 2016 releases it'd probably be The Witness as I love everything about the game (from what I've seen) and generally consume puzzles, but I'm still waiting for a decent sale :( ... 1 month left though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My steam GotY would Dark Souls 1. As for 2016 releases it'd probably be The Witness as I love everything about the game (from what I've seen) and generally consume puzzles, but I'm still waiting for a decent sale :( ... 1 month left though.

How can you possibly say a game is goty without playing it?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SirMossyBloke, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killing Floor -- MB-049F71038681C6D5 - Taken by Jadax. 1 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-E6DDE2B48966B61A - Taken by oipic. 14 entrants total.

t1479458124z1.png

I've heard it's thanksgiving soon in the US, so figured I'd give away these. Stardew Valley is a must for everyone.

Whoever wins Killing Floor, let me know and i'll shoot you the dlc.

Jadax

Xanadu next ;3
Otherwise the ys serie or trails in the sky

The Trails in the Sky series has amazing worldbuilding and writing.

I've added Xanadu + TitS to my wishlist - will keep an eye out for them in the xmas sale. From the Ys series I have a couple, just never got around to playing them, will install them this weekend.

Age of Decadence. Also, if you never played it before, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition 1/2. Both should get pretty good discounts in the next sale if you care to wait a bit.

Added Age of Decadence to wishlist. Have played both Baldur's Gates, enjoyed them (especially 2), but this was before the EE came out - might give that a shot.

oipic

I was about to post that my GOTY is probably Regency Solitaire, by default and simply due to me having/playing very little that was released in 2016... but a peek at the store page indicates that it was released in 2015.

2016 has been awful and the low-point of my life for many reasons, but effectively being excluded from SteamGAF GOTY voting really seals the deal.

City 17

How can you possibly say a game is goty without playing it?
I didn't say it IS, just that it probably would be, as I tend to be very picky about games, and rarely wrong about whether I'd love a game or not (don't buy much new stuff/usually one year or so after release/follow many different impressions and make a choice, as you see that limits it to a very small number of 2016 releases), I also called it my possible GotY so that I'd somehow force myself to buy it haha.

Yakkue

The only games that were released in 2016 that I played are Deponia Doomsday, Stardew Valley, Cyber City 2157 (which I didn't like), Tharsis, The Banner Saga 2, Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders and Oxenfree. I think Deponia Doomsday might win my GOTY vote, but I'm not completely sure yet.

yuraya

Dark Souls 3 is the GOTY for me no doubt. The entire last half of that game was just amazing boss fight after amazing boss fight all to the way to the end. The music was so good too. The last boss is probably the best last boss in any game since MGS3 imo.

Part of me wants to buy MGS V on my new pc so that I can experience it in all its glory
I originally played it for ps3
but I dont think I can live through such disappointment once again

Your Steam library will never be complete without MGSV. Just sayin.

shockdude

Not many games released in 2016 that I've played so far.
I beat Pony Island, which was a really nice game.
I also beat Moirai, which was a fun little experience.
There's also Riff Racer, but that was an early access game before 2016 so I'm not sure if that counts.

Can't think of any others at the moment. Oh well.

derFeef

I am for 2 months on nvidia now and what the fuck is with the drivers? I kept hearing everything is so great and AMD drivers suck but nuh-uh, it's the exact opposit. Whenever AMD releases a high-end card I am byebye. /rant

zkylon

zkylewd
Dark Souls 3 was a disappointment to me coming off of Dark Souls 2, I just don't like the PVP as much at all.

i think dks3 had a better "singleplayer" than 2 tho, really good level design and bosses. i love dks2 and i had a ton of fun with its multiplayer actually

dks3 it just felt too derivative for me, little about it felt original or exciting

Ludens

Banned
Yesterday I impulse-bought Rise of Tomb Raider and the Koei Pack, but I ended up on refunding it istantly because I have no time to play them. The price is good, but I can't manage to clear the titles I have installed, FFXV will release in 11 days and I risk to end up with those titles in my library untouched and meanwhile a bundle or a deeper discount will happen for sure.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
hi steamgaf i am dead and tired and dead inside and i want to tell you about a little thing called Islands

AM16 pulled my head above the water long enough to feel like swimming towards Islands right away. It's as short as Carl advertised - about 40 minutes - but it never repeats itself, despite the central mechanic severely limiting what a scene can do. Burton's hazy dreamscapes reminded me a lot of the mystery in old web games back in the early 00s, where the creator's intent was impossible to nail down, and there was no telling what could come next. Some sequences have a more sensible logic to follow that makes it easier to 'accept' the space, but I could never predict what was going to happen whenever I clicked on the next series of flashing lights. It even subverts pacing expectations by mixing in shorter pieces between more complex, multi-stage gags.

Be it due to the sheer absurdity of the progression in a non-space, or the potential commentary for what the non-space is trying to say about its real-world counterpart, Islands had me giggling at its very dry sense of humor. Simple laughs, but the fact that they got me to express anything at all after being so emotionally flatlined towards games over the past year says a lot about the game's wit. Or maybe I'm just that broken! Either way... it's likely to be a one-time-use sort of experience for most, but I feel comfortable enough saying that the moments where each scene clicks easily justifies the asking price. Those who seek out the strange will find unusual comforts here in the islands.

Kaleinc

Banned
I am for 2 months on nvidia now and what the fuck is with the drivers? I kept hearing everything is so great and AMD drivers suck but nuh-uh, it's the exact opposit. Whenever AMD releases a high-end card I am byebye. /rant
What's the problem? If you mean latest Pascal memory issue - that's on partners and their overclocking policy, not Nvidia's fault.

derFeef

What's the problem? If you mean latest Pascal memory issue - that's on partners and their overclocking policy, not Nvidia's fault.

You mean nvidia did not know what's happening with their partner cards and only test drivers on reference cards?

Monooboe

Lack of mentions of Stardew Valley as GOTY contender makes me sad. It's still my GOTY, BUT I couldn't play Civ 6 which I think would have taken that spot.

Jadax

Lack of mentions of Stardew Valley as GOTY contender makes me sad. It's still my GOTY, BUT I couldn't play Civ 6 which I think would have taken that spot.
It's a great game, and I bought it because of the glowing reviews it got from gaffers, but - I got really REALLY bored a bit into it. Since then I haven't touched it.

gelf

crt filters are terrible in every game

they're so lazy and look nothing like old tvs -___-
CRT filters are great when done right. Unfortunately I've been spoilt by the versatility of Retroarch in that regard and so the vast majority of implementations provided by games pale in comparison.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, the countdown timer issue that I informed Valve about a month-and-a-half ago has gone from "It's being investigated" to "I've informed the correct people" and now to "There is no ETA". This whole thing is equal parts hilarious and frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom