• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

🌹A reminder for the Steam GOTYs whenever the voting happens.🌹

That's not Umineko.
header.jpg

Dishonored 2 PC Update (Beta) - https://steamcommunity.com/games/403640/announcements/detail/650037138898335918

When Dishonored 2 was launched, the game experienced PC performance problems on machines with specific configurations. We’re working to address some of these with our updates over time, and some will be addressed by driver updates released by our partners.

Today we’re beginning the process with new NVIDIA PC drivers (375.95) and our first post-release title update (Update 1.1).

PC users on NVIDIA cards should grab this driver [nvidia.custhelp.com] update before playing.
NVIDIA driver 375.95 Link [nvidia.custhelp.com]

For users with AMD cards, the recommended driver is still 16.10.2. Look for more information from AMD on CrossFire support in the near future. As we have new information on drivers for both card types, we will update our forums.

Additionally, a new title update for Dishonored 2 (v 1.1) is now available via Steam as a Beta update – see below for instructions. Update 1.1 includes a small number of fixes including:
Mouse improvements, including a fix for sensitivity being framerate dependent
Fixes an AMD cloth physics issue, which impacts framerates at various points in the game
Fixes an issue affecting CPU task priority - the game no longer switches CPU task priority
If you run into issues or have questions please let us know in the public Dishonored 2 Steam Beta Forums [beta-community.bethesda.net] on Bethesda.net.

Our work on Dishonored 2 continues. Update 1.2 development is underway and will address a broader range of issues including performance and is estimated to be available in the next week.

How to access the Steam Beta
Right Click on Dishonored 2 in your Library.
Select Properties.
Select Betas.
A drop down menu will appear. Select BetaPatch.
Select OK.
Wait a few minutes for game to update.
When done, Dishonored 2 [BetaPatch] should appear in our Library.

Thanks for your support!

I actually think the artstyle of Rabi Ribi does the game more harm than good. Its a really really great Metroidvania. I would even say its far better than Shadow Complex.

illusionary

Tomb Raider, Klei studio and ESO (we knew that one) are the weekend deals

Klei Studio weekend deal, sweet. In before the complaints about achievements.

One of the best 'indie' publishers around... time for me finally to pick up the Mark of the Ninja DLC, and I think that I may have to double-dip on Invisible, Inc. too, while I'm at it. My wishlist will be nurturing Oxygen Not Included for just as long as it needs...

Did I miss someone posting Bundle Stars' 'CATastophe bundle'? https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/catastrophe-bundle

I know about Pix The Cat and Beyond Eyes, but can anyone comment on the other games?

Tier 1
Samudai
Shooting Stars!
Cat on a Diet
Pix the Cat

Tier 2
The Purring Quest
Fort Meow
Beyond Eyes
Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora
Nyan Cat: Lost In Space
MouseCraft

Tier 3
Kittypocalypse - Ungoggled

sprinkles

In retrospect this was a fabulous year for Visual Novels on Steam (all the ones mentioned above, plus more Higurashi, Kindred Spirits on the Roof, Muv-Luv, Root Double and others).

Teppic

Did I miss someone posting Bundle Stars' 'CATastophe bundle'? https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/catastrophe-bundle

I know about Pix The Cat and Beyond Eyes, but can anyone comment on the other games?
The Purring Quest is pretty bad. Very basic. No fun gameplay. Awkward controls, stiff and you have to stand on the precise right place to climb things. (Climbing didn't work for me with DS4 controller). Levels are too long, have fun collecting 200 fishes for each level. You have a short range single attack. There's a hiding mechanic were you need to hide behind bushes and waiting for slow dogs to pass by (also have to stand on the right spot for them to work) If they catch you the screen just fades to.black and you're set back. You also have lives. Run out and you have to replay the whole level again.

fenners

The guy behind Dungeonmans is running a cool wee charity thing right now - buy one of those brown bag 'feed the hungry' donations at the grocery store for $10, send a copy of the receipt to him, and you get a steam key for some indie games (there's some good ones in there), including Dungeonmans, a fun wee roguelike with a good sense of humour.

Really nice way to raise some funds for local charities.

Stop The Hunger Clock

Salsa

best game I played this year and also all the years is Rocket League

best game of all time is Spelunky

worst pizza is pineapple and ham

Wok

best game I played this year is probably XCOM 2 but I havent played many new releases

Or you started to hibernate in February. Get out of the mines, Ms. Mole.

There is a trailer for it. Not sure if I can link to it without getting banned. Just search for it in youtube

I have already watched the trailer on Steam. I imagine it is the same.

I have also watched a bit Jim's video, and it unsold me on the game, which seems to quickly get boring.

AHA-Lambda

for the sake of a disclaimer against people's curiousity I guess, said tweet from Jim Sterling (it'll be obvious which one) is very nsfw

Durante

Lots of people posting their GotY contenders on the previous page, and some good games too, but you're missing out if this is not on your shortlist:

header.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom