• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Does this happen to other than me?

I bought the Days of the Dev bundle from Steam. The activity feed showed that I now own two new games. A few minutes later it only showed that I now own one new game. Now it shows nothing

Edit: It's not that I lost the games, I still own them

madjoki

I bought the Days of the Dev bundle from Steam. The activity feed showed that I now own two new games. A few minutes later it only showed that I now own one new game. Now it shows nothing

Happens to me as well. Show correctly from "My activity" though.

Edit: It's not that I lost the games, I still own them

Yeah something buggy is going on. Friend activity doesn't show my DotT but when I switch to my activity it's there.

Eila

Only real upside for Chris is he has a little more health. Chris is essentially hard mode, especially in the original.

Doesn't he get more headshots as well? But losing those 2 inventory slots is a huge compromise.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what was the name of that rpg set in Africa again?

rtcn63

Resident Evil 5

ad5e9ccfb2704a03ac5564ef7995d8f0-650-80.jpg

Steam site changed! It has a hamburger button now.

I'm missing Chalice, Titan Souls, Tentacle, and Oxenfree for 4.90. If I get Titan Souls for a buck on humble what will my cost be in steam? Wow, sorry for the word math problem!

Steam site changed! It has a hamburger button now.

I'm missing Chalice, Titan Souls, Tentacle, and Oxenfree for 4.90. If I get Titan Souls for a buck on humble what will my cost be in steam? Wow, sorry for the word math problem!

How many months took them to add a badly vertically centered hamburger button?

Looks like Watch Dogs 2 is getting bundled with Samsung SSDs (500 gb+). Not a bad deal if you were in the market for an 850 EVO. Might mean some cheap codes too.

Hmm only on their overpriced products. Guess they have to make up the money to pay for the Note 7 bomb somewhere.

wait theres actual drama over who did the thread and not just for funsies?

I must really be getting old because of all the things to get worked about, good lord
What, of course not. It's all just an inside joke in this small community. Who in the world really cares who makes a thread? We're not that deranged thank God... yet ;)
what was the name of that rpg set in Africa again?
Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan ?

Durante

Civ 6 just breached 1 million on SteamSpy. I was curious about how that would do at full price / launch since Civ 5 is a prime example of one of those loooooong tail titles.

Hektor

I just read a blurb on Hacker News that Crytek hasn't paid employees in 4 months

esWXooP.png

Rumors of course, but...

This is by far not the first time we're hearing about this, so i'm #TeamReal

Civ 6 just breached 1 million on SteamSpy. I was curious about how that would do at full price / launch since Civ 5 is a prime example of one of those loooooong tail titles.

Relevant:

albVL1V.png

zLh3v7s.png

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I just read a blurb on Hacker News that Crytek hasn't paid employees in 4 months

esWXooP.png

Rumors of course, but...

Guess star citizen will be getting an even more expanded frankfurt studio then lol

But seriously how do you stay for 4 months of no pay check? It's pretty sad.

Guess star citizen will be getting an even more expanded frankfurt studio then lol

Loyalty, faith, or just a desperation to have something concrete on your resume so you haven't just burned X years of your life for nothing.

I think those are the general reasons I've read in various studio implosion articles. (Most recently a 38 Studios postmortem from 2012.)

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Ah yeah, that makes sense.
I don't have much experience in those kinds of things as I'm studying and I would leave my part-time work pretty much the same month as my paycheck's not coming.

Ok something strange is going on with Idlemaster atm. I have 4 games going at once to get them over 2 hours and cards are dropping like crazy, every few minutes. Normally the more games at once it takes exponentially longer but now it's going faster.

Update: I've received 5 more cards in the last 11 mins.

man there is a really odd bug when checking out while adblock is on. The drop down of payment options appears in the top left corner and I'm unable to select one :/

had to turn adblock off to pay

TheExodu5

Banned
Is there a reason the Witcher 3 Expansion Pass is in the top sellers right now? Been waiting to buy it but I don't see a sale. Wondering why it jumped up suddenly.

Grief.exe

Is there a reason the Witcher 3 Expansion Pass is in the top sellers right now? Been waiting to buy it but I don't see a sale. Wondering why it jumped up suddenly.

You're likely browsing from a mac or Linux, which will sort the top sellers by OS. Click to see all top sellers then turn off OS filter.

FoneBone

Humble Bundle games I already owned:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FoneBone, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Broken Age -- MB-E45117BD709B3E2D - Taken by darkchewie
Lumino City -- MB-CB8551C81B085E73 - Taken by Sch1sm

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge.

I'm so deep in this Civ-hole that there is no way I'll have time for Tyranny this month. Gonna have to wait for the Winter Sale most likely. I can't wait to hear how it goes though. Game looks dope AF.

zkylon

zkylewd

games industry takes advantage of working on games being so many ppl's dream job, as well as lack of unions or any sort of developer protection. it's a young industry that seems to have a lot of ties to tech which also seems very un-organized so ppl just get stepped on, often very naively thinking about what's best for the game or the company or whatever

here in argieland in particular game developers that are legally employed (which is not the majority) actually belong to some random union that does general commerce stuff like retail and shit. and i've heard ppl talk about creating an actual union more than once but then u got that other union that's gonna come and literally beat you up with pipes and shit

there's been cases here of people going 7 months unpaid, and i've heard worse stories about like american companies going on 8 month 6 day weeks crunches, ppl sleeping at their desks and shit

never underestimate the capabilities of companies and executives of being absolute scumbags

Knurek

Chris Avellone is still pretty mad about Obsidian

While I like the developers and wish them all the very best, there's too many other problems at the higher managerial level to ever consider stepping back, especially when you could make a step in a direction that mattered for the franchise. Even leads at Obsidian have said as much (most after departing), and they told me they felt helpless in their roles to do what they felt was the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom