• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Who posted that FFXIII guide in the last Steam thread? Was it Tizoc?

I forgot to bookmark it, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

UnrealEck

Something I've wondered for ages but never asked.

Why do characters in Japanese games always grunt and sigh so much? Like they're having mini orgasms all the time.

Jawmuncher

Probably.

They also think awful fake Latin names are sick and edgy.

They also think this guy is cool
Noctis-render.png

I feel better about getting that now. However, the ship looks like it's just for racing. Would I have to buy a different ship for space exploration? And whats the 2 month insurance?

It is a racing variant, but ships can be multi purpose, you don't need to buy an exploring ship but it would make exploring easier if you had a exploring variant. The insurance is if something happens to your ship, ie. blows up, you lose it, pirates steal, etc. you can get it replaced for free, otherwise you would have to pay in game credits to have it replaced.

Jawmuncher

You know I gotta say.
As much as I want to play FFXV. The Nomura designs are the last reasons.
None of the main characters look very cool for FF main cast. Hoping if we see the PC release and if FF13 actually gets mod support we can see some changes.

dani_dc

Enjoy the next three hours then and then prepare for that same sequence to repeat three more times, almost verbatim. It's sort of mesmerizing though. I finished the game even though I hated the way it consisted of doing virtually the same four things over and over.
Doing the same thing over and over is kind of AC series thing.
AC 1 suffered more due to a less variety in gameplay, but at least the missions still felt like assassination missions rather than "run ahead and kill everyone" that the AC games afterwards adopted.

donny2112

rocket science which is something my country needs desperately (in my opinion) to focus on.

I like you.

Knowing that NASA is always going to be on the yearly chopping block sort of killed any realistic aspirations to try to get on there back when graduating from college (needed to have a steady income and constantly being concerned of having your budget cut isn't the best way to go there. :( ), but yeah, would be great if space was something that excited regular people like it seemed to have back in the 60s!

legacyzero

Banned
No no, this wasn't some beg for a copy of FF13. I honestly wouldn't even accept it. I'd prefer to have Bad Rats in my Steam inventory (which I already do, anyway).

Oh I wasn't suggesting. I just know that's how Kargari unfortunately happened upon her copy earlier LOL

There's no escape HAHA

Enjoy the next three hours then and then prepare for that same sequence to repeat three more times, almost verbatim. It's sort of mesmerizing though. I finished the game even though I hated the way it consisted of doing virtually the same four things over and over.

This reminds me that I have to look for the ACII/Revelations double-pack the next time I'm at Dollarama. $3 is a steal, and I'm planning to pick up the ACIII Deluxe Edition tomorrow on Outpost.

I have to say, sending 5 coupons to literally everyone on Steam is a smart way to get your game noticed. Nobody was talking about Team Indie before.

kudoboi

I have to say, sending 5 coupons to literally everyone on Steam is a smart way to get your game noticed. Nobody was talking about Team Indie before.

i gave it all to trashbot the second i received it

edit: haha Trashbot's inventory is full of Team Indie coupons now

Ozium

Team Indie must suck..

reasons:

1. they gave out like 5 coupons to everyone.. desperate much?
2. it's in 2d
3. it's another indie platformer
4. bring all these indie characters together that only hipsters know about
5. it's in 2d
6. it's "indie"
7. not AAA
8. cookie cutter gameplay like all indie platform games
9. looks like an NES game

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm honestly having a hard time getting myself to play Alien: Isolation, I messed around in the Nostromo DLC yesterday and got spooked and turned it off. I need to nut up and get to going on it ASAP.

Sajjaja

I'm honestly having a hard time getting myself to play Alien: Isolation, I messed around in the Nostromo DLC yesterday and got spooked and turned it off. I need to nut up and get to going on it ASAP.

Once you die the first time, you accept it's dominance and learn to play. I'm really fucking loving this game.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

I have to say, I really hope there's some robust cheats or equivalent that just let you dick around in the DLC and the main game. Something to turn off the A.I. and a free camera for screenshots, something like that.

1. they gave out like 5 coupons to everyone.. desperate much?

I'd guess that's 1 for each game you own that one of the characters is from. I got 5, and I own 5 of the games. And since they've been bundled a lot, it's not surprising people got a handful of coupons. Not desperate, just how the system hands 'em out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GTA5 is january or february? and REmake HD while we're at it?

all the good stuff comes out too early this year, november/december will feel like an eternity

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Crash Time 2 #2 -- MB-B69F6FEB4175DAA8 - Taken by Lain
Crash Time 2 -- MB-3309417B4C24EE84 - Taken by Kryptonite

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
January 27th for GTAV
REmake "early 2015"

stupid "early" can mean anything >_< Good for GTA at least, hopefully the port is decent. Was that last gen AC (Rogue?) game ever confirmed for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom