• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
iCpo8wLH7Jacg.jpg

Haha, dudes face looks goofy.

Well blow me down. its Popeye the Roman

popeye-10.jpg

iosefe

so....i'm not sure i'll actually play Alien: Isolation . horror games aren't really my thing. if anyone is interested i'd be willing to strike a trade for the code i get from AMD. code for a steam gift?

i'd rather keep this within the steamGaf group

Is this a real question? :p. Legend of Korra is made by Platinum, the Bayonetta, MG Rising, Wonderful 101,Vanquish guys :p

OH I didn't see it was made by Platinum. If so, the gameplay will be better and more technical than Ninja Storm sags which uses only one button.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I got one, dunno if it works. Did you want it? I don't really care if I get one, but I think you deserve it more than me. :p

I used a VPN and got one for myself. Cheers, though, and ditto to the couple of people who PM'd me a key. <3

I don't wanna brag, but it appears like I own a game that JaseC doesn't
But it's not Wheelman :'(

7sUMuTM.jpg

Haha, Styx is on my radar; I'm just waiting on my partner in crime to get his 'net fixed.

MattyG

Banned
Woot, Alien is preloaded and ready to go. Come on Tuesday.

Now I've gotta decide if I want to get my next purchase, The Evil Within, on PC or PS4. have a i5 @3.4ghz and a 760 2GB. Price isn't going to really be a factor since even with keys it's only about $10 less, so it's basically going to come down to if my PC could run it markedly better than my PS4. What do you guys think?

Miguel81

Now I've gotta decide if I want to get my next purchase, The Evil Within, on PC or PS4. have a i5 @3.4ghz and a 760 2GB. Price isn't going to really be a factor since even with keys it's only about $10 less, so it's basically going to come down to if my PC could run it markedly better than my PS4. What do you guys think?

I'd get it on PC if I were you, especially since you have a damn fine Nvidia card. Unless you're the type that might want to sell the game if it's not to your liking?

agniswarm

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

GMG 23% voucher -- MB-4C51D3CDDDFE54DC - Taken by FauX

Kanokare

Should look better on PS4 if you're on a 760 but I don't know if PS4 is limited to 30 fps or not. I'd still get it on PC >_>

MattyG

Banned
I'd get it on PC if I were you, especially since you have a damn fine Nvidia card. Unless you're the type that might want to sell the game if it's not to your liking?
Nah, I don't really sell games much anymore. I guess I'll go PC, hoping there's some good deals leading up to launch.
Should look better on PS4 if you're on a 760 but I don't know if PS4 is limited to 30 fps or not. I'd still get it on PC >_>
Yeah, I'm not sure either. They haven't really talked about framerate I don't think, but from what I've seen it looks kind of rough at times (don't know what system they've been showing it on, and it's probably just because it's not a final build though).

I'm dying for sales. Dota 2 items are staring into my soul.

If this goes too long, I'll spend my money on Dota 2 items again.

SAVE ME VALVE &#128553;

I'm so poor this month. Clearing out some keys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-2B1E9DA133E53917 - Taken by nja. 9 entrants total.
Anachronox -- MB-EFA7EF6DB803D8E4 - Taken by Li Kao. 2 entrants total.
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-DAB2ED897C87FF0B - Taken by KyleFedora. 2 entrants total.
Daikatana -- MB-D6C8F5382E7E8F79 - Taken by Berlok. 4 entrants total.
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-E39861F2F4481F76 - Taken by Scipius. 5 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-85CA807267A4F2AE - Taken by Sharkiller. 5 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-7C40842E5E893B12 - Taken by The Reloader. 3 entrants total.
Battlestations: Midway -- MB-A9D187ECBA0F68A7 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Deus Ex: The Fall -- MB-43C8DCCA306117BA - Taken by Sendou. 12 entrants total.
Just Cause -- MB-1F5D7E608CFAF971 - Taken by Patison. 2 entrants total.
Mini Ninjas -- MB-8F2ED5BD800ACD65 - Taken by eyeless. 1 entrants total.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-902D7D8C8FF4FC86 - Taken by Benedict. 4 entrants total.
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-6968000EDD82EE74 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.

t1412404585z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm putting the finishing touches on the newest version of Enhanced Steam. Hopefully it'll be ready to ship within the next hour or so but I may wait til tomorrow. This is a pretty significant version with quite a few new features so I'm trying to test everything I can as thoroughly as possible before release.

Unfortunately there is a bit more functionality that will be lost, thanks to Valve changing things. I hope people still like it.....

Jørdan

Pft. Best banner won.

Aesthetically pleasing granted, but inferior to the majesty that is The Evil Within :p

I take it Cameraface here is the newest take on Pyramidhead and Dr. Salvador?

Safehead is just having a bad hair day.

Unfortunately there is a bit more functionality that will be lost, thanks to Valve changing things. I hope people still like it.....

Whatever bone you can throw us will be ravished and appreciated, thanks for ongoing work to improve it.

Momentary

Banned
Hyper Light Drifter is one hard damn game. I love the combat and the strategies you have to make to get past certain checkpoints. Things really seem bare at the moment and there's not much guidance as to what the controls are and what your abilities are, but at the same time is was kind of cool discovering ways to bounce bullets back, discovering the special sword attacks, and timed dashes. I hope there's a lot more further into this build.

Also, the music sets the and ominous, dreamy mood and the sound effects are great.

-MD-

Dr. Salvador never needed to look menacing when he made this sound.

Guy I was referring to has a chainsaw as well which is what I meant but yeah.

Chainsaws are like the 1 thing that creeps me the fuck out.

Hyper Light Drifter is one hard damn game. I love the combat and the strategies you have to make to get past certain checkpoints. Things really seem bare at the moment and there's not much guidance as to what the controls are and what your abilities are, but at the same time is was kind of cool discovering ways to bounce bullets back, discovering the special sword attacks, and timed dashes. I hope there's a lot more further into this build.

That's awesome news, hope the difficulty stays. I'm guessing that one slipped to 2015 though?

Been real busy the last couple days but I've been able to put a couple hours into Mordor so far and its been great, if a bit on the easy side. I'm looking forward to some of the more dynamic stuff like multiple captains at once like some of you have encountered.

GAF is quick to hate, and even quicker to fall blindly in love. The divorces are rarely pretty.

Sad, but very true.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the newest version of Enhanced Steam. Hopefully it'll be ready to ship within the next hour or so but I may wait til tomorrow. This is a pretty significant version with quite a few new features so I'm trying to test everything I can as thoroughly as possible before release.

Thank you sir, appreciated as always.

Guy I was referring to has a chainsaw as well which is what I meant but yeah.

Chainsaws are like the 1 thing that creeps me the fuck out.

Oh, I see. I guess my TEW ignorance is showing. My bad. :eek:

In any case, chainsaws are the most horror-ific weapon imagineable; the sound, the appearance, the effect... everything.

Jawmuncher

When it comes to horror i've always been a fan of dragging the axe or sledgehammer.
You know something is up when the guy doesn't even want to carry it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom