• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Free weekend? Guess I'll give Grey Goo a go. Lets see if it can make up for a rather lackluster year for the RTS genre.

AsylumX

Still haven't played it but, from my understanding it's really fun.

Too bad a majority of Neogaf just assume all Free to Play games are bad and deem them bad without giving them a shot. Meanwhile they hype broken overpriced AAA games.

There is a mini rant in there.

I played it and it's fun indeed, a lot of grinding but fun for the most part.

Dr Dogg

Steam seems to be having a bit of a mare downloading anything for me tonight. Even with my shocking internet it's taking forever and I've changed my location enough times that if I wasn't stop starting I'd probably be done by now.

MUnited83

For you.
Tempted to buy the Bundle but Royal Trap and World End Episode 2 will probably end up on a indiegala eventually and TyrannoBuilder is bound to get cheaper soon enough i'd think.

Momentary

Banned
I know I'm probably being too optimistic about this, but I feel that Disgaea would outsell their NA console counterparts on STEAM. NISA PLEASE!

Beelzebubs

Steam seems to be having a bit of a mare downloading anything for me tonight. Even with my shocking internet it's taking forever and I've changed my location enough times that if I wasn't stop starting I'd probably be done by now.

Steam was having issues about 40 mins ago for me. I couldn't purchase anything.

I played it and it's fun indeed, a lot of grinding but fun for the most part.

Yeah my friends complain about the grind but they have so much fun they don't care. That's what it was like for me in Vindicuts...until late game where Money is RNG and not consistent.

looks like I just got a waifu game.

image.php

Uzzy

Same. The Grey Goo download was crawling along at a few kb/s for a while, which rather sucked.

KarmaCow

The first day of Crimefest just launched for Payday 2 they apparently they added the case/skin system from CS:GO and TF2. The difference is that these skins are not cosmetic only and will actually confer bonus stats to weapons.

I really don't understand Overkill sometimes and how they thought this was a good idea.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

I was wondering if it was my internet acting up since I got Fiber and it's downloading less than when I had regular cable! Good to know the servers are being weird.

MUnited83

For you.
The first day of Crimefest just launched they apparently they added the case/skin system from CS:GO and TF2. The difference is that these skins are not cosmetic only and will actually confer bonus stats to weapons.

I really don't understand Overkill sometimes and how they thought this was a good idea.
The real question is:

Is there drops if you play normally?
and if do, can they be sold?

KarmaCow

The real question is:

Is there drops if you play normally?
and if do, can they be sold?

You can get the crate equivalents but you need to buy the key equivalent, just like CS:GO and TF2.

And yes, you can trade for them as well.

I hope at least this means the rest of the DLC will be free from now on.

Monooboe

So I've been quite hyped on the Steam Controller, thinking that I'm definitely going to get it... buuut why when I already have the Xbox One controller.o_O Not having two analogue sticks is worrying but seems to work.

Grief.exe

So I've been quite hyped on the Steam Controller, thinking that I'm definitely going to get it... buuut why when I already have the Xbox One controller.o_O Not having two analogue sticks is worrying but seems to work.

The Steam controller is not designed to replace your dual-analog solution. Merely made to fill the niche of games that don't conform to the modern xinput standard, or don't conform to analog control.

Monooboe

The Steam controller is not designed to replace your dual-analog solution. Merely made to fill the niche of games that don't conform to the modern xinput standard, or don't conform to analog control.

Ah very true but if I would get it I would probably just learn to use it most of the time, if not all the time. It seems work fine with for example FPSs with using the touchpad as a "trackball". Then to use it with something like Pillars of Eternity and have it work good would be awesome.

Lomax

Ummm, what? Why would the Steam controller be designed to be anything other than a user's single controller? No one is going to spend $50 on a controller that only works in some games and another $50-$75 to have an Xbox controller as well. If it can't do dual-analog as well as all of the other options, it is dead in the water.

Monooboe

I just realized that my computer makes wonderful sounds, it's really quiet but sometimes there are quiet sounds that sound like gentle waves on a shore outside. Man I miss summer...

Still haven't played it but, from my understanding it's really fun.

Too bad a majority of Neogaf just assume all Free to Play games are bad and deem them bad without giving them a shot. Meanwhile they hype broken overpriced AAA games.

There is a mini rant in there.

I've put a decent amount of time into it (Over 100hrs) it certainly can be fun but it also becomes a bit grindy after a while. if you're playing any other mmo/moba/f2p type games it can certainly be a nice change but I haven't spend any time on it myself in a while.

Beelzebubs

WARNING NOT ENTIRELY SURE IF THIS IS A KEY FOR ALIENWARE DLC FOR DIRTY BOMB. Won it as a mystery gift, don't have the game and even if I wanted the Alienware DLC I'd get it for free from here https://eu.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/dirty-bomb-exclusive-alienware-skin-case-key-giveaway Makes sense the mystery gift was anonymous no clue why you'd mystery gift free dlc. :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Beelzebubs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Possible Dirty Bomb Alienware DLC -- MB-C057C90C0375BC77 - Taken by The Red Wizard

Buraindo

Same here. Thought my connection was acting up again.

Grief.exe

Ummm, what? Why would the Steam controller be designed to be anything other than a user's single controller? No one is going to spend $50 on a controller that only works in some games and another $50-$75 to have an Xbox controller as well. If it can't do dual-analogue as well as all of the other options, it is dead in the water.

That's been the design goal since day one. Why would Valve bring another dual-analog solution to a market flooded with those controllers?

They are filling a niche of games that don't conform to the xinput standard and those that don't work well with dual-analog. That niche happens to be thousands of games dating back decades, but still a niche that hasn't been targeted up until this point.

Many PC gamers, especially those that play in the living room, already have access to some form of xinput controller (DS3, DS4, 360, XBO, etc). The Steam controller just cannot compete with these under certain scenarios, where dual-analog thrives. Something like Metal Gear Rising or an analog platformer for example.

Only the best for you guys

Sakura Spirit has more entries than Ratbird Dating Sim.
All is right with the world.

No I'm just using the built in Character Generator they have. For example, this will be you as one of the towns folk:

PLYoxKz.png

Which Steam/GAF citizens, besides the already mentioned JShackles and FreshVeggie, have made the cut into the Phawxverse?

Is it just me or does it look kinda cheap

What'd you expect for $50? If you want quality, there'a a $200 Xbox One controller with your name on it. You get what you pay for. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom