• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beelzebubs

Well, now that Bundlestars charges games in CAD to the tune of 1 CAD = 1 USD I guess I can be poor again.

Could be worse. For some stupid reason if I try and buy stuff from Humble Bundle from the UK my bank (Natwest) adds a £1 ($2 canadian) foreign purchase charge so a $1 US bundle actually ends up costing $2.57 US.

Arthea

no Trails news is very upsetting I must say, but more PC love is a good thing and I never thought we will get LKS on PC.

That's been the design goal since day one. Why would Valve bring another dual-analog solution to a market flooded with those controllers?

They are filling a niche of games that don't conform to the xinput standard and those that don't work well with dual-analog. That niche happens to be thousands of games dating back decades, but still a niche that hasn't been targeted up until this point.

Many PC gamers, especially those that play in the living room, already have access to some form of xinput controller (DS3, DS4, 360, XBO, etc). The Steam controller just cannot compete with these under certain scenarios, where dual-analog thrives. Something like Metal Gear Rising or an analog platformer for example.

Why would they bring another "dual analog solution"? That's a simple question to answer: what else is going to help the Steam Machines appeal to those people who are considering it to replace a console. How else are you going to convince Johnny Xbox or Sony Sam to purchase a Steam machine to play their games without offering them some sort of analogous input method?

I think Lomax has a fair point -- Valve seems to want to make a controller people can use with their Steam Machine to play ANY game "from the couch". And there in is the selling point -- it offers methods of control for ALL games. Not something where you have to worry about where to hook up a keyboard and mouse for DOTA2 and then changing over to your trusty x360 controller for whatever (some CS:GO, perhaps? ;)) -- and this is where my main interest comes in... I don't know if I can adjust to the trackpads as dpad/right analog stick replacements... but I'm intrigued by the idea that I can easily (in theory) customize the controller layout for any game without having to deal with a 3rd party program like PGP... it's all natively supported via the Steam API or whatever.

Jawmuncher

Well shit guess I don't need to get Senran Kagura for PS4.
PC plus selling those cards will be quite the bonus.

Wait NVM that's shinovi not the new one.

MUnited83

For you.
^yES te Wii ver.

I suspect it'll be 30 FPS, unless the SK devs actually put in the work to make it 60+ FPS.
It should be fine, since the devs already said they'd love to port the game to PC and had interest in the platform. Might be their first PC game but I'm hopefully. Estival runs at 60fps on PS4(at least I think so) so its definitely a possibility.

The weekly bundle is tempting, I'm really interested in Tyrano Builder and World End Economica, but I already own three of the five games in the lower tiers.

Nabs

I feel like LKS never got the love it deserved. This is the time, I can feel it. I can't tell you guys how excited I am.

Arthea

I feel like LKS never got the love it deserved. This is the time, I can feel it. I can't tell you guys how excited I am.

I would be pretty excited about it and I will be next year, but I really need my Trails right now, I was so sure we'll get it this time, sigh

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Milamber's dream has come true
Senran Kagura is coming to Steam
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-shinovi-versus-head-to-pc-in-the-west/.94264

Also Xanadu Next.

Little King's Story on Steam? And Life and Hometown? And Xanadu Next?

ytPO8kd.png

Nyoro SF

Man if you play on PC and like Japanese games then it's great time to be a gamer.

Xanadu Next, LKS, SV, a diverse lineup where at least one of those games should please someone. At least I hope so. XSEED too kind.

Knurek

Paint it Back seems to be doing okay:

pib_statsqgsi5.png

Respectable numbers for such a niche game.
Dev seems to be warming up to workshop support on game forums, maybe day one results pleased him?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
But no SC date. ;_;

I've waited this long for it. Waiting another year or two will probably be fine, and will maybe give me enough time to actually finish the Steam version of FC.

It's going to be 2016 at the earliest, just give up hope now and you'll never be disappointed.

Arthea

Paint it Back seems to be doing okay:

http://abload.de/img/pib_statsqgsi5.png[/IMG

Respectable numbers for such a niche game.
Dev seems to be warming up to workshop support on game forums, maybe day one results pleased him?[/QUOTE]

well it is a damn good game and price was good, smart devs, of course they'll add workshop support with time if we ask for it nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom