• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Manual repost because I screwed up!
CREqUXBU8AACF-m.png:large

UNDERTALE GIVEAWAY! Grab your dusty tutu and get ready to date skeletons!
(Steam+Humble)

EDIT: Forgot to set multi-entry rule so only enter for one!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (InfiniteNine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Undertale#2 -- MB-DA945B1694CABB65 - Taken by Phinor. 21 entrants total.
Undertale#3 -- MB-7F94E59F2DCE1033 - Taken by Last Baron. 36 entrants total.
Undertale#4 -- MB-6FA09BF91C5C7F7D - Taken by Lomax. 29 entrants total.
Undertale -- MB-B8435925193C9FBC - Taken by rainking187. 17 entrants total.

t1444942039z1.png

Tizoc

4k life and hometown?

my prayers have been answered. now i dont have to buy a vita anymore

Vita is the best way to play Tron Bonne and Megaman Legends atm :V

well... for some reason PC version of LKS looks worse than any other version. That's kinda weird, is it sharpness that does it? I thought I like sharpness!

Relax once the actual PC ver. is released it'll be quite a looker, and there are AA software to force a type of AA on games at worst.

Lomax

That's been the design goal since day one. Why would Valve bring another dual-analog solution to a market flooded with those controllers?

They are filling a niche of games that don't conform to the xinput standard and those that don't work well with dual-analog. That niche happens to be thousands of games dating back decades, but still a niche that hasn't been targeted up until this point.

Many PC gamers, especially those that play in the living room, already have access to some form of xinput controller (DS3, DS4, 360, XBO, etc). The Steam controller just cannot compete with these under certain scenarios, where dual-analog thrives. Something like Metal Gear Rising or an analog platformer for example.

If I can't play dual-analog games with it, I won't buy it, plain and simple. The design goal should have added functionality, which by all accounts, it does. But that doesn't mean removing basic functionality as well. If that right touch pad works fine for second analog controls, great, that's all I need. It doesn't have to be "optimal" it just has to be effective. But if it's just completely dismissing the need for dual analog on the idea it will fill some sort of different niche, then it will fail miserably. I don't need a $50 niche device. I need a game controller that will play all controller based games well, and hopefully do more than that. I hope that's the device they made.

Why would they bring another "dual analog solution"? That's a simple question to answer: what else is going to help the Steam Machines appeal to those people who are considering it to replace a console. How else are you going to convince Johnny Xbox or Sony Sam to purchase a Steam machine to play their games without offering them some sort of analogous input method?

I think Lomax has a fair point -- Valve seems to want to make a controller people can use with their Steam Machine to play ANY game "from the couch". And there in is the selling point -- it offers methods of control for ALL games. Not something where you have to worry about where to hook up a keyboard and mouse for DOTA2 and then changing over to your trusty x360 controller for whatever (some CS:GO, perhaps? ;)) -- and this is where my main interest comes in... I don't know if I can adjust to the trackpads as dpad/right analog stick replacements... but I'm intrigued by the idea that I can easily (in theory) customize the controller layout for any game without having to deal with a 3rd party program like PGP... it's all natively supported via the Steam API or whatever.

Yes, exactly this.

Nabs

well... for some reason PC version of LKS looks worse than any other version. That's kinda weird, is it sharpness that does it? I thought I like sharpness!

PC version

It's the lack of the blur filter, shadows, and other things. It's clearly not complete, I wouldn't stress just yet.

FLD

but the game is finished! unless something terrible happened, like it not running on win10 at all

BTW did Trails FC got patched for win10 already?

Oh God, I was just thinking that I should get around to doing the upgrade this week-end. Didn't even occur to me that SC might be a likely title to have issues. Yeah... I think I'm gonna hold off a little longer.

Vita is the best way to play Tron Bonne and Megaman Legends atm :V
my playstation still works

also 80k
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-48E4F3BEE4948315 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

WARNING NOT ENTIRELY SURE IF THIS IS A KEY FOR ALIENWARE DLC FOR DIRTY BOMB. Won it as a mystery gift, don't have the game and even if I wanted the Alienware DLC I'd get it for free from here https://eu.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/dirty-bomb-exclusive-alienware-skin-case-key-giveaway Makes sense the mystery gift was anonymous no clue why you'd mystery gift free dlc. :p

I don't think that it is the Dirty Bomb DLC. I tried to activate it and it says that I need to own the base game, which I do. I tried activating it while downloading it but that didn't help either.

Beelzebubs

I don't think that it is the Dirty Bomb DLC. I tried to activate it and it says that I need to own the base game, which I do. I tried activating it while downloading it but that didn't help either.

Sorry man. You could nuke it and try regifting it. Just going of what it could possibly be from other peoples posts. For all I know it could be h1z1 alienware dlc. Still no idea why somebody would mystery gift dlc.

L.O.R.D

Why so many people here not caring for SK?
This game is very good(aside from the fan Service )
I am having blast with the game
Maybe I'll double dip

I personally think Senran is garbage on a gameplay level but, apparently Versus, gameplay wise is okay.

Not that anyone here will buy it for that anyway so I am probably wasting my breath.

Nyoro SF

I personally think Senran is garbage on a gameplay level but, apparently Versus, gameplay wise is okay.

Not that anyone here will buy it for that anyway so I am probably wasting my breath.

The real, most fun part of Senran Kagura SV is the online multiplayer.
It really is like Power Stone 2, just a lot faster.

The sad part about it is... well, Vita wireless. The lag was horrid.
With PC, I really hope I can have fun with the online without having to do too many lag strategies.

Buying SK for the fanservice alone is a waste. Stripping clothes gets old really fast.
You get it for the characters, the gameplay AND the fanservice.

Who need this when you can have SK?

Stop.

The real, most fun part of Senran Kagura SV is the online multiplayer.
It really is like Power Stone 2, just a lot faster.

The sad part about it is... well, Vita wireless. The lag was horrid.
With PC, I really hope I can have fun with the online without having to do too many lag strategies.

Sounds like when I had my Vita and had SFxT on it for free. It wasn't bad but the Vita lag made it impossible for online too :/ and SFxT is one of the capcom games with better netcode.

Buying SK for the fanservice alone is a waste. Stripping clothes gets old really fast.
You get it for the characters, the gameplay AND the fanservice.

I know a good amount of people that buy it just for the fanservice. Just like the people who buy DoA just for the fanservice. I respect you for at least liking the other aspects of the game, even if I don't particularly care about SK.

Arthea

You guys can have your SK only after I get Trails SC and TC, deal? We should inform Xseed about this agreement as soon as possible.

ArjanN

I read the web page link first and I don't know what Xanadu is so I thought that Next Little King Story was a sequel to the Wii game that was coming to Steam. I'm still happy about LKS coming to Steam because I never finished the Wii version so now I'll definitely finish it on Steam.

Xanadu Next is basically if Diablo played more like Ys.

I know a good amount of people that buy it just for the fanservice. Just like the people who buy DoA just for the fanservice.

Most of the good fanservice for SK is outside of the games anyway, like New Wave G. So those people are dumb :p

Without the characters SK would be really boring. The game is what it is, but it does it really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom