• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinor

I think the rain had some effect on the handling of the cars, I play on "Hardcore" assists setting though, maybe the handling is different on Sports and All Assists. Rain didn't look all that great, but with the other changes to the game's visuals driving at night is now more difficult as it gets darker during the night.

I'm using hardcore as well, with a Thrustmaster TX wheel. Obviously rain does have some effect but the driving model in The Crew is so forgiving and just.. weird? that rain or no rain, it doesn't matter much. I don't hate the handling but I wish it required more from the player at least with "hardcore" settings.

Now that you mention it, night did look a lot better than previously. And overall the game does look better. That's why I'm going to re-install it with the graphics update. I enjoy driving from place to place in The Crew even if I don't particularly enjoy the missions or other aspects of the game.

Arthea

I think that includes people only owning episode one though. Not sure.

oh ya, it includes the first episode owners too, it's still a very nice number for a new IP.

With consoles I'd say LiS is likely to reach 1 mil.+ owners.

At any rate.
Bamco pls
pls
give preload for Zesty.

Tales games usually aren't that big, no point of preload when you can download it in couple of minutes.

Tizoc

With consoles I'd say LiS is likely to reach 1 mil.+ owners.

At any rate.
Bamco pls
pls
give preload for Zesty.

Aerocrane

I'm using hardcore as well, with a Thrustmaster TX wheel. Obviously rain does have some effect but the driving model in The Crew is so forgiving and just.. weird? that rain or no rain, it doesn't matter much. I don't hate the handling but I wish it required more from the player at least with "hardcore" settings.

Now that you mention it, night did look a lot better than previously. And overall the game does look better. That's why I'm going to re-install it with the graphics update. I enjoy driving from place to place in The Crew even if I don't particularly enjoy the missions or other aspects of the game.

Yeah it seems rain is more than anything just a visual effect. I was hoping that the dynamic weather would bring meaningful changes to the handling. The car and tuning spec choices effect the handling much more.

MUnited83

For you.
so, we are only weeks away from the update after which will have to confirm every trade via mobile, but there was not much talk about it, by not much I mean at all.
Are you people OK with this? If valve won't add an option to disable it, it will kill the market and trading for a lot of people including me.

That's only for people who're already using mobile auth. Doesn't affect anyone else.

Cool, too bad no theme for us.

I hope at least the profile backgrounds will be decent.
I'll pay good steam wallet money for a good one.

Do you have to do that VIP corner stuff in the US? Everytime I see it talked about it's the EU site.

Not sure, and that's the most confusing thing about this vip corner.
PC (steam) games don't get divided into regions like the consoles, right?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I guess my promo worked.
b1a1665bdd.png

a08e699bbd.png

Corpekata

Banned
here you go again
source?

This thread seems like one. You brought it up to complain about it and most people are like "What, I'd never heard of this" or totally indifferent. And this is a thread of hardcore Steam users. If it's not getting a lot of uptake here, it's not getting much anywhere.

Arthea

So you can speculate without any sources or numbers

but he can't?

You should probably prove first that this will be a big problem before asking for sources from others.

your point? I'm worried, not speculating, message doesn't mention anything about disabling it. And I didn't say how many or not many people use it either.
Yian, pls

This thread seems like one. You brought it up to complain about it and most people are like "What, I'd never heard of this" or totally indifferent. And this is a thread of hardcore Steam users. If it's not getting a lot of uptake here, it's not getting much anywhere.

maybe you aren't as hardcore as you think?

MUnited83

For you.
here you go again
source?

Common sense? Mobile auth is not just adding your phone number. Mobile auth is specifically a option within the Steam App that you really need to go out of your way to activate and that will make you need a code every single time you need to login.
Most people just use email 2-step verification as that is more than enough. You're not opting in to Steam Mobile auth by adding your phone number to steam account as well, it's there to help you get your account back if something happens.

your point? I'm worried, not speculating, message doesn't mention anything about disabling it. And I didn't say how many or not many people use it either.

I still don't know what message we are talking about. I have no idea what is actually going to happen since you didn't provide a source

Arthea

Common sense? Mobile auth is not just adding your phone number. Mobile auth is specifically a option within the Steam App that you really need to go out of your way to activate and that will make you need a code every single time you need to login.
Most people just use email 2-step verification as that is more than enough. You're not opting in to Steam Mobile auth by adding your phone number to steam account as well, it's there to help you get your account back if something happens.

you see? you can do it
let's hope that's the case.

BTW did valve added an option to opt out of trades e-mail verification right away? I can't remember.

I still don't know what message we are talking about. I have no idea what is actually going to happen since you didn't provide a source

I'll take screenshot today, I just thought you all already have seen it.

about Zesty, I thought we are getting two free dlcs right away, don't remember who posted it, unfortunately.

The console version got some free items and a ton of optional skits as free DLC.

I started the first free skit (which was about idolmaster..) and characters appeared in it that I haven't even met. Very confusing.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
about Zesty, I thought we are getting two free dlcs right away, don't remember who posted it, unfortunately.

I haven't got e-mail with it yet
am I doomed?

I had to press order twice for it to go in. The first time it simply went to the same screen without the second email space and the order button was pressed again and it went as quickly as I pressed it.

Arthea

I had to press order twice for it to go in. The first time it simply went to the same screen without the second email space and the order button was pressed again and it went as quickly as I pressed it.

I got it OK from the first try, but no e-mail arrived still. I'll try again a bit later.

edited: ya, I got it after I tried for a second time. thanks Bayo for a suggestion

Tizoc

Its already at 44K owners.

Bleh sorry I was thinking of something else and mixed it up with Zesty ^^;

BTW for non-EU peeps, the code from Bamco EU's website for Zesty DLC should work fine regardless of what region your Steam account is.
Even if you don't have the game yet, get the code and redeem it once you have the game.
Thanks to Ryne for clarification.

Ryne

Bleh sorry I was thinking of something else and mixed it up with Zesty ^^;

BTW for US peeps, you can just make an EU Bamco account, and try and get that Steam code.
If you have the game try and redeem it. You don't really have anything to lose if the code doesn't work ^^;

The code works if you are not in the EU, I have done it and I live in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom