• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
they won't give -50% coupon for a FF released the same month, that never happened before and it won't be in Xmas pack, no FFs ever were

edited: I wonder have they tried to make a better port all this time. Ya, I know it's naive to hope for that.

FFXIII-2 was released on 11 Dec, 2014 and the Square Enix Christmas Surprise (2014) included

Thief - The Master Thief Edition
The Last Remnant
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light
Deus Ex - The Fall Steam Key
Nosgoth Founders - Warlord Pack

Visit Steam to redeem your keys
... but there's more!

Here are 3 Square Enix Store offers valid until Dec 31st 23:59 GMT

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 50% OFF
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris with Season Pass 33% OFF
FINAL FANTASY III 50% OFF

Was supposed to play contradiction last week but got caught up in Noragami and monogatari instead.

I've actually lost almost all will to play games, feels really weird as I used to be an "addict" with up to 50 hours of gaming every week.

Anime is a mistake. Nothing but trash

Arthea

FFXIII was released on 11 Dec, 2014 and the Square Enix Christmas Surprise (2014) included

I totally forgot about it!
I even gave it away via modbot and still managed to forget it lol

ya, steam store is down here too
I dread to see the mess this winter sale with be with steam servers not working properly every day even with a normal load.

Kyougar

Good choice. Remember11 if you want something more obscure.
And sadly not entirely finished.

Yeah, I really liked the premises of both. Shame regarding Remember 11 :/ Ending is so rushed and missing many mysteries.

Ever 17 is my GOAT VN and the OST was beautiful.

Monooboe

Oh sweet, I get a free Assassins Creed Syndicate or Rainbow Six Siege. Don't know which one to pick, since I haven't played Unity yet...

Monooboe

Why do you get a free one?

I recently bought a 970GTX, so Nvidia is having a bundle thing. I'm lucky because I bought the card before they had the promotion but I wrote to the place I bought the card and they managed to still get me a code.:D

I did pick Syndicate.

Phinor

Crap, installed the Crew Wild Run beta and forgot to actually play it.

Drifting, monster cars (doing stunts for few minutes for points), drag racing and motorcycles. If some of those words mean a lot to you, expect an average implementation of that feature in the game/expansion. Except drag racing, that was horrible.

Visually it did look better but that's supposed to be a free feature for the base game. And rain was rain, it didn't seem to do much at all when it comes to driving. Driving remains pretty much the same, it's The Crew. I certainly won't buy the expansion because none of the new elements interest me at all (though I did enjoy the base game to a certain degree, and will probably re-install it for a while when the free big patch is released).

Arthea

so, we are only weeks away from the update after which will have to confirm every trade via mobile, but there was not much talk about it, by not much I mean at all.
Are you people OK with this? If valve won't add an option to disable it, it will kill the market and trading for a lot of people including me.

so, we are only weeks away from the update after which will have to confirm every trade via mobile, but there was not much talk about it, by not much I mean at all.
Are you people OK with this? If valve won't add an option to disable it, it will kill the market and trading for a lot of people including me.
source? havent heard of it before.

dont think its a big deal though

Sch1sm

Some people haven't even added mobile authentication or their phone number yet, and considering they currently allow us to disable the confirmation emails for both trades and market separately, I'm not sure why they would have us confirm every single trade.

I don't see it being a forced thing.

Jawmuncher

Not the date I wanted but at least it's still happening. Just hope the port is on par with Type-0 which after the patches I heard was pretty good.

--------

As of right now MGSV even with all of its issues is my GOTY. Still have no clue how the GAF voting will go. Could be another MGS4 case where the vocal majority is overtaken by the silent group which is voting en masse for it. At this point don't really care. Just hoping the life is strange finale is good.

Miff

Hmm... Depends how painless it's going to be. I'm OK with the concept. Did I read that they going to need to be authorised via the app? I don't really want to be going through a convoluted process via my phone.

Bought Saints Row 4's DLC and Gat Out of Hell only to realise I haven't beaten Saints Row The Third. I stopped halfway through The Third and am not sure why because it's completely ridiculous and utterly brilliant. Chunked in nearly 10 hours today and am nearly done the campaign.

Sucks about Freedom, but from seeing the post I can't really say I'm surprised. Seemed like a good dude though.

As of right now MGSV even with all of its issues is my GOTY. Still have no clue how the GAF voting will go. Could be another MGS4 case where the vocal majority is overtaken by the silent group which is voting en masse for it. At this point don't really care. Just hoping the life is strange finale is good.

It'll be in my top 5, but I can't justify giving it the top spot. Not when games like Witcher 3 and Cities :Skylines are more 'complete' in terms of total package.

FloatOn

I finally beat that goddamn wind temple in Ori and spent some time collecting power ups

I'm now fairly OP so I think the last dungeon will actually be easier than the previous.

To anyone who hasn't played Ori just know that you shouldn't skip finding the collectibles because if you don't you'll have a miserable time.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I am surprised by how long Store/Community has been offline. I'd say it was maintenance but it seems kinda long and ill timed.

I was in the middle of culling GOTY candidates from the Store and checking the MGSV patch notes.

Aerocrane

Drifting, monster cars (doing stunts for few minutes for points), drag racing and motorcycles. If some of those words mean a lot to you, expect an average implementation of that feature in the game/expansion. Except drag racing, that was horrible.

Visually it did look better but that's supposed to be a free feature for the base game. And rain was rain, it didn't seem to do much at all when it comes to driving. Driving remains pretty much the same, it's The Crew. I certainly won't buy the expansion because none of the new elements interest me at all (though I did enjoy the base game to a certain degree, and will probably re-install it for a while when the free big patch is released).

I think the rain had some effect on the handling of the cars, I play on "Hardcore" assists setting though, maybe the handling is different on Sports and All Assists. Rain didn't look all that great, but with the other changes to the game's visuals driving at night is now more difficult as it gets darker during the night.

Miff

Mugen Souls has a free-roaming battle map with turn-based combat?

...So does that mean it's more like Valkyria Chronicles? Or Hyperdimension Neptunia?

Same style dungeons as NepNep. Battles are turn based and familiar but with additional features. I.e. Moe kills, ability to smash enemies around and into the air like pinballs, and field status effects (like slippery ground) that can be changed during battle. It's a really quirky game.

gelf

Mugen Souls just brings the image to me of a crazy unbalanced fighting game featuring as many Souls characters you can fit onto a character select screen.

Anyone with a windows xbox one controller, does it only work on windows 10? I am waiting for mine to come (bought for 50% off) and will be upgrading my pc before xmas but am running Windows 7 until then.

Arthea

let's do this again, newer FFs sales

FINAL FANTASY XIII
Release date: Oct 9, 2014 Price: $15.99
Score rank: 34% Userscore: 72%
Owners: 418,310 ± 17,278

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2
Release date: Dec 11, 2014 Price: $19.99
Score rank: 33% Userscore: 71%
Owners: 224,121 ± 12,652

FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0™ HD
Release date: Aug 18, 2015 Price: $29.99
Score rank: 17% Userscore: 58% Metascore: 69%
Owners: 69,968 ± 7,071

older

FINAL FANTASY VII
Release date: Jul 4, 2013 Price: $11.99
Score rank: 86% Userscore: 93%
Owners: 922,489 ± 25,634

FINAL FANTASY VIII
Release date: Dec 5, 2013 Price: $11.99
Score rank: 76% Userscore: 90%
Owners: 452,920 ± 17,977

FINAL FANTASY III
Release date: May 27, 2014 Price: $15.99
Score rank: 56% Userscore: 83% Metascore: 68%
Owners: 115,989 ± 9,103

FINAL FANTASY IV
Release date: Sep 17, 2014 Price: $15.99
Score rank: 54% Userscore: 82%
Owners: 106,635 ± 8,729

FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARS
Release date: May 11, 2015 Price: $15.99
Score rank: 25% Userscore: 66%
Owners: 42,093 ± 5,484

FINAL FANTASY V
Release date: Sep 24, 2015 Price: $15.99
Score rank: 28% Userscore: 68%
Owners: 15,153 ± 3,291

we already knew FF5 is a bomba and SE most likely isn't happy with FF0 sales considering the price.

I can see LR selling somewhere between 13-2 and FF0.

MMOs not included

and BTW
Life Is Strange
Release date: Jan 29, 2015 Price: $4.99
Score rank: 97% Userscore: 97%
Owners: 582,379 ± 20,380

oh wow! I didn't know it sold so good

Weird. I don't remember buying Tales of Monkey Island from Telltale, but I just checked my account and I can download the full season. Same for Back to the Future.

I know I got some free episodes from them at some point, but nothing more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom