• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

It's like you guys don't know SE or something, seriously

Oh I do know them, but I've yet to find ff13-2 that low :p

Hmm I think I'll re-download FF13 again as I completely forgot how I set it up so it runs at consistent 60 FPS @_@
Fortunately it is possible to cut down on its size on one's HDD: Just delete the video files you don't want.

Arthea

But what other games does Square-Enix have left to bundle in Christmas pack?

I assume this year it will be The temple of Osiris, it's was cheap enough already, not sure about other games, likely will be repeats or older games, because there is not that many new.
Theoretically they can change their mind and finally include one FF, but it won't be any new one, for sure

btw this year there is only one GOTY and it is Cities: Skylines

unfortunately for Skylines, I won't play it this year already, but I kinda believe you it's up there.

Oh I do know them, but I've yet to find ff13-2 that low :p

Hmm I think I'll re-download FF13 again as I completely forgot how I set it up so it runs at consistent 60 FPS @_@
Fortunately it is possible to cut down on its size on one's HDD: Just delete the video files you don't want.

apparently you don't

Deques

I assume this year it will be The temple of Osiris, it's was cheap enough already, not sure about other games, likely will be repeats or older games, because there is not that many new.
Theoretically they can change their mind and finally include one FF, but it won't be any new one, for sure

Maybe they include Life is Strange episode 1 again

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
How Life is Strange flips the script on video game romance

Warren peace.

qxPhS6P.jpg

Interestingly, and completely anecdotally, the vitriol I've heard towards Warren doesn't seem seem to be swayed by gender. Some female friends of mine find him reminiscent of creeps they've known, while others insist that he's very respectable. Some men identify with him and defend him, while other others are particularly harsh towards him. My belief here is that a lot of guys see a part of themselves in Warren and find that idea troublesome. Everyone wants to think they're much smoother in these situations than they really are, but simply condemning Warren misses the point that there's a little Warren in all of us.

dex3108

Looking at job offers in my city/country really makes me wonder why the hell i went on college, 90% of those jobs you can do with high school and other 10% require minimum 2 year experience on similar jobs and they don't want to look at your CV if you have less than that (in short they don't want to train you). Oh well maybe it is time for me to look for a job outside my country.

On the bright side it is raining outside and that means lazy gaming day for me (probably Witcher 3 and Bloody Baron quest continued) :D

Arthea

I'm 2 games away from completing 52 challenge... hmmm... hmmm...

you can always finish some games you already are playing

ridiculous suggestion, I know

FF13-
Historical Lowest Price: $5.66 at Nuuvem on 8/7/2015

FF7-
Historical Lowest Price: $2.99 at GetGames on 11/29/2013

FF13-2
Historical Lowest Price: $7.07 at Nuuvem on 8/7/2015

It's all a matter of waiting.

the key word here is nuuvem, where no FFs are available for EU I need to remind you.

Tizoc

apparently you don't

FF13-
Historical Lowest Price: $5.66 at Nuuvem on 8/7/2015

FF7-
Historical Lowest Price: $2.99 at GetGames on 11/29/2013

FF13-2
Historical Lowest Price: $7.07 at Nuuvem on 8/7/2015

It's all a matter of waiting.

Arthea

Are keys on Nuveem now region locked? Do you need a VPN to redeem the code?

most are and you should check database, and doublecheck, not to fall into the rabbit hole I fell.
especially check if there are no run locks, because those games you don't wanna buy on nuuvem like at all.

edited: by most I mean those you can't buy without using VPN, those you can are still fine.

oh god, SteamGAF. whyyyyy
Its a mixture of Roguelite*, RPG, Cardgame, Chose your own adventure and Arkham-Combat and its just as good as it sounds. The combat may takes some getting used to and can get a bit repetitive, but the rest is a blast as long as you keep unlocking new cards with new Events.

And its presentation is amazing. Too bad i cant find a good gif of him shuffling the cards, so you'll have to settle with this:

tumblr_inline_nopgxwMgX21sxxix8_540.gif

*Roguelite only means that the dungeons are kind of randomly generated, but this game has an actual ending and all.

Yeah. I'll have to get in some day. The pitch is always appealing.

Thanks, y'all.

Sword Coast Legends |OT| Neverwinter Fights

Ludens

Banned
most are and you should check database, and doublecheck, not to fall into the rabbit hole I fell.
especially check if there are no run locks, because those games you don't wanna buy on nuuvem like at all.

edited: by most I mean those you can't buy without using VPN, those you can are still fine.

Umh, I hope Lightning Returns and RE0 will have no purchase lock.

Tizoc

you can always finish some games you already are playing

ridiculous suggestion, I know

the key word here is nuuvem, where no FFs are available for EU I need to remind you.

There's always GMG then and it's all a matter of time and waiting. $5-6 range is fine for me~

Ludens

Banned
If SE launches LR for 15€ with a pre-order bonus item for DOTA2, it could be worth buying the game on GMG with a 20%+ voucher.

Xanathus

Lightning Returns is the game I've been waiting for so long since they announced the trilogy on PC. Played 13 and 13-2 on the PS3 and replayed 13 for nostalgia, but skipped 13-2 because I played it too recently.

If SE launches LR for 15€ with a pre-order bonus item for DOTA2, it could be worth buying the game on GMG with a 20%+ voucher.
Can pre-order DOTA2 items be sold/traded off?

Tizoc

Lightning Returns is the game I've been waiting for so long since they announced the trilogy on PC. Played 13 and 13-2 on the PS3 and replayed 13 for nostalgia, but skipped 13-2 because I played it too recently.

Yes, as is you can now sell the DOTA2 TYPE-0 items.

Arthea

Umh, I hope Lightning Returns and RE0 will have no purchase lock.

probability of that happening is more or less 0

yes you can, only not right away

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Was supposed to play contradiction last week but got caught up in Noragami and monogatari instead.

I've actually lost almost all will to play games, feels really weird as I used to be an "addict" with up to 50 hours of gaming every week.

Volimar

Is Steam running super slow/not at all for anyone else? Especially the store?

Working-ish now.

I wanted to add Hand of Fate to my wishlist but it was already there. :p

Chariot

Was supposed to play contradiction last week but got caught up in Noragami and monogatari instead.

I've actually lost almost all will to play games, feels really weird as I used to be an "addict" with up to 50 hours of gaming every week.
tumblr_mxjelzIVa01r48sdqo1_500.gif
Is Steam running super slow/not at all for anyone else? Especially the store?

Working-ish now.

I wanted to add Hand of Fate to my wishlist but it was already there. :p
No, but the Honour Academy is strangely empty :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom