• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like my spider bros that eat other creepy crawlies, not so much the ones that bite.
Bad spiders, bad.

Me too. I generally leave spiders here alone as I'm sure they eat some of the other things I'm not particularly fond of... such as hobbits.

2a2fe27d-ae7d-4a08-84bd-1c76b58c7ce5.gif

Shame I've lost all interest in the game... though maybe if I ever regain the interest someday, I can reap the benefits.

Dr Dogg

Why would you do that to your browser and toolbar?

Speaking of things that look not as they should trying to faff about getting HBAO+ injected into Zestiria but all the flags I've gone through so far either don't work, bleed through the UI, are way to strong or a combination of those and disable most of the post effects too. If anyone has the time and wants to tinker just set up a profile in Inspector and start from the default DX9 ones (0x0000002x onwards where 21 and 2C seemed to be the more stable ones I've looked at so far).

Sadly no Edna background. :(
Or is there?

My bookmark is full of my work-related links, company credentials. >:)

Am I the only one who doesn't use bookmark bar and just have the browser remember opened tabs and never close them?

I sometimes delete my browsing history, so bookmark is handy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I did that for MGSV a month ago and still had that issue. In this specific case, Steam randomly decided Payday 2 wasn't installed despite all the files still being there untouched. I'm pretty sure the .acf file was there as well, though I may have looked at the wrong appid number at the time.

Yeah, I'd say you copied the wrong manifest file. If memory serves, you can even safely move a game with a pending update.

It doesn't matter now though since I guess initiating the download process recreated the .acf file. Am I just SOL here and have to redownload all the files? I copied the existing game folder but not the .acf file itself before starting the download.

Yeah, unfortunately.

I stopped doing them as soon as I finished the required ones for the achievement. Any cars other than the variants of your own car were pure ass. I was so relieved they didn't tie those to the achievement. It was also super lazy that they re-use each one like 3-4 times. I mean these are simple point to point races.

I don't mind the races for the most part since only a few of them, with the first vehicle (usually a basic enemy car), are annoying, but I do agree that there's really no merit in using anything other than the Magnum Opus and locations having up to four races is a little annoying.

Dr Dogg

My bookmarks bar is full of boring adult things like bank and service accounts, about 20 football sites, some lefty news outlets, and Durante's blog oddly sandwiched between HotUKDeals and GolfShot.com. That and a bajillion folders trying to make sense of it all.

aw350

Banned
My bookmarks bar is basically my reading list. The urgent staff goes into the bar, the 'read-later' stuff goes into several top-level folders with apt names like 'G', or 'T' for each category. The sites that I visit regularly are all in my head, don't need bookmarks for them (and if I ever forget a site then so be it, that means it wasn't important).

PS: Also using light theme. It's a dev thing with trying to use as much of the default settings for the UI as possible.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just mainly dislike the gross fleshy sounds when they move, that really bugs me out in some games.
for me sound isn't that important, it's mostly a visual thing

Am I the only one who doesn't use bookmark bar and just have the browser remember opened tabs and never close them?

i do both

(crossed out my super secret work stuffs :>)

i love bookmarks but i can't stand having too many tabs opened

That always ends up badly by a browser crash.
also chrome likes to be dumb and remember only the pages of the last chrome window you closed, so sometimes i'm like googling something on a separate window and forget about it and then hours later i close my main stuff and i realize i've lost all my old tabs ;_;

why wouldn't ppl use bookmarks, they're great -__-

Dr Dogg

Kotaku and RPS over GAF? Zkylon you monster!

so... how is the ToZ steam port
the shots by Mr Dogg looks pretty good

is it a good port or is it "You have failed this (SteamGAF) city" port?

Ha! Though I bet GAF already has a MrDogg too.

Solid is how'd I'd describe it. Nothing fancy going on, not exactly a wealth of graphical options, textures are what you see is what you get but performance is rock solid. Oddly for a game that has a framelimit it's a perfect even delivery of frames which even experienced PC devs sometimes can't produce when doing so.

Hektor

My bookmarksbar at home consists only of the usual suspects, hentai sites and reaction gifs. I have no shame admitting to it.

Sarcasm

My bookmark bar is boring.

Reading about that guy in NYC?

I don't show and have only six pinned tabs.

That always ends up badly by a browser crash.

I don't recommend in any browser having a ton of pinned tabs. A few is okay but like twelve is a lot. I have never had a crash though.

also chrome likes to be dumb and remember only the pages of the last chrome window you closed, so sometimes i'm like googling something on a separate window and forget about it and then hours later i close my main stuff and i realize i've lost all my old tabs ;_;

why wouldn't ppl use bookmarks, they're great -__-

You need to use the pin tab function for what you want. Though this doesn't happen to me. I had one browser crash last month where I had an extra window and it asked if I wanted to restore. It restored my main window with my pinned tabs.

zkylon

zkylewd
Kotaku and RPS over GAF? Zkylon you monster!
haha actually neogaf is over rps and kotaku cos it's more along the center where i like it

i don't even know why i have some of these bookmarks, i never read rps

Uh huh.

So how's that Berserk coming along? Where you at?
i'm about to reach where the anime ends

it's been interesting, the manga is a lot more explicit which has been a bit not to my liking and i'm not entirely sure i needed some of the explanation the manga does that the anime just leaves open for interpretation.

but it's cool, i'm enjoying it, tho i'm dreading what comes next to the part i'm at :I

You need to use the pin tab function for what you want. Though this doesn't happen to me. I had one browser crash last month where I had an extra window and it asked if I wanted to restore. It restored my main window with my pinned tabs.
i dont like how pinned tabs get stuck in the left side tho

Probably posted, but the most disappointing game on Steam is getting a remastered edition:

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry
19ravenscry.jpg

Developer Reality Pump explains:
“After an almost seven year-long cursed development, we are finally ready to unleash Vendetta: Curse of Raven’s Cry as it was meant to be seen and played. Development for Vendetta began way back in 2008, and has seen every game pitfall imaginable. Even Christopher himself, actor Mark Strohman had an infection that traveled into his brain, almost landing in Davy Jones’ Locker himself during MoCap shootings. It’s been a long and wired journey, but after all the time and all the setbacks, we are proud to say that the game is close to be finished and we launch the new website today!”

No ETA, but it will be a free update.

Redemption, hooray?

Saw a thread on /r/IndieGaming saying Groupees hasn't sent out payments to devs in over a week either. Let me see if I can find it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IndieGamin...upees_not_paying_devs_or_responding_to_email/

Interesting. If there's one thing I've learned as of late, it's that a lot of smaller indie bundle sites just can't make a go of it.

The market is just oversaturated, and a lot of stuff has been rebundled many times over. Flying Bundle just did a bundle that had a number of repeats. Groupees' "limited edition" bundles hardly sell half of the units they have tallied. IndieGala just did a rebundle with weak games. Even HB's trying to push up their profit margins with this Monthly initiative. Seems like BundleStars is the only one that's bothering to push high-quality bundles with titles that haven't been released before.

Wait, what?
Yeah, I heard that it's the most broken game on Steam after Arkham Knight. Did they really fix that thing?
They last patched Raven's Cry in February. So, no.

Promised changes in the new version:
  • Rewards for quest completion have been enhanced.
  • Christopher’s fighting skills have been enhanced and improved.
  • Numerous new quests have been added and existing quests have been enhanced.
  • Faster sailing: sailing has been tweaked to be more dynamic, with a speed-up option that accelerates time.
  • Enhanced and upgraded trading system.
  • An upgraded skill system with new skills to unlock.
  • Quest indicators for easy, medium and difficult quests have been added, in addition to an improved hint system.
  • In-game achievements with progress indicators have been added where applicable.
  • A robust Alchemy system has been added, allowing players to collect various herbs and alcohols to brew potent potions and tinctures with a variety of effects.
  • Use a variety of historically accurate flags to trick your enemies, disguise your intentions, and improve the appearance of your vessel.
  • Free-sailing mode allows players to sail without restrictions.
  • New videos and cut-scenes.
  • Completely re-recorded English voice acting.
  • Improved fighting system with new combos, slow motion finishing moves and weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom