• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

*snicker*

That's why I keep my bar safe. I only have neogaf and twitter as non-specific bookmarks, everything else I can just get with one or two letters in the url bar. I wouldn't have anything dangerous like that out in the open, The Honour Society already bashes me whenever I link something from there. No way I would survive the social shame if someone would look at my screen and see the 9gag logo somewhere.

The most I expect from this new Raven's Cry is a decent Giant Bomb Quick Look. Perhaps even a good one.

I really want the game to be good. It's a Black Flag style RPG, which is very interesting.

---------------------------------------

On the other news, MGS V just has got another patch, 65MB.

I really want the game to be good. It's a Black Flag style RPG, which is very interesting.

---------------------------------------

On the other news, MGS V just has got another patch, 65MB.

Yeah, a pirate RPG could go great places. I wasn't too far from buying Raven's Cry before it released.... Pirates of the Caribbean did wonderful and terrifying things to my tastes.

Now... what did Konami ruin this time?

Milamber

I keep all my crap in folders...
hiimnj.PNG

I wanted to say I was surprised when I saw you had a folder called "Harvest Moon Waifu", but then I remembered this community and wasn't affected at all.

Dr Dogg

'Light novels' huh. Yeah, yeah.

I'm waiting on the news in December that Kojima has set up a new studio, KojiMob. All they make are mobile games that have no gameplay but constantly nag you to make microtransactions to read some over the top story that has large portions of it missing and try to sell you typhoon insurance for your land locked house the other side of the Atlantic. Then we'll see who the true monster really was.

Life is Motion Sickness.
But I managed to finish the game. \o/
Dang sunk-cost fallacies. Saving Chloe Simulator 2015.
Also, RIP Warren in the ending I chose. Pretty sure that's his body by his overturned car.

Deques

header.jpg

Participants:
1 - Deques
2 - NingenJanai
3 - ExoSoul
4 - thesaucetastic
5 - Shaanyboi
6 -

I think it's maximum 6 players in a match

t1445626800z0.png

By now most of us should have it from the Alienware giveaways

Lain

I would like to think such a delay meant they put more work into the port this time.
13 and 13-2 were pushed out rather fast to coincide with the cloud based releases in japan.
Don't think LR even got released on that service, so one can hope.

My realistic side doesn't expect it to be any better of a port compared to the previous two games, unless they outsourced the port to HexaDrive.

On the other hand, their streaming service is dead so the fact they've gone forward and are still releasing LR on PC gives me hope that they spent a bit more time and effort on it.

Durante

It's kind of charming really that they bothered to add graphics settings to Zestiria.

"Will I be able to run Zestiria?"
"Sure, it runs on a toaster."
"But I have an old toaster."
"Don't worry, here, have some graphics settings!"

Knurek

It's kind of charming really that they bothered to add graphics settings to Zestiria.

"Will I be able to run Zestiria?"
"Sure, it runs on a toaster."
"But I have an old toaster."
"Don't worry, here, have some graphics settings!"

Has QLOC ever let us, PC users, down?

Arthea

every Tales can run on a toaster, they aren't graphic powerhouses or anything

also talking about that cheat dlc, it's not necessary cheat dlc per se, for example in Graces they made it really hard to come by money (and you need a lot of money in that game if you do crafting for example) ... and made money dlcs that sell. It's Bamco for you.
I haven't played Zesty yet, but I've played other Tales and often their cheat dlcs are there to buy what you should be able to get in the game without hours and hours of grinding but can't, because Bamco sells dlcs this way.

edited: are you trying to tempt me, veggie?

Dr Dogg

That's about the third time I've heard QLOC mentioned in regards to Zestiria. Has this been confirmed or are peeps just assuming again?

Dr Dogg

A Polish QA and localisation company that also handles porting to various platforms but if you've ever bothered to look at the bulk of their output it's mainly quality assurance and translation work.

You get things like their name showing up in SteamDB for a branch in Mortal Kombat X and immediately peeps start to assume they are taking over PC development duties but don't bother to go check the credits of the game where they are listed under QA.

Jawmuncher

The MGSV DLC is apparently supposed to be available today.each for a dollar or all of it for 5.

CRvT5kkUwAAmx7c

"@JunkerHQnet: Outfits available starting today for 100 yen each, or buy them all for 500 yen https://t.co/bSPJCCIrb4"

Arthea

Rebel Galaxy reviews and impressions were so good and suddenly Eurogamer - the true hype killer, or hyping wrong games because we can - happened.

Arthea

Never ceases to surprise me that even the games considered disappointing and horrible can still muster 24% positive reviews. It must really take a LOT to get into actual "negative" territory. I guess some people are easy to please and/or like to provide positive remarks?

I don't think so, people like different things that is all, you know as in - one man's trash is another man's treasure. They might dislike all games you like, for example.

So? If the game is great what does it matter what one outlet says? Presumably they just didn't like the game.

That wouldn't be a problem, they more or less insist it's repetitive and boring.

I'm not removing it from my wishlist yet, no worries, I often don't agree with Eurogamer

Jawmuncher

Pretty sure it's being labeled "remastered" so that they can update the sub and have a newly working version. Along with new marketing. Better to make a big deal about your update and give it a new name rather than just push out the update and hope people care.

I don't think so, people like different things that is all, you know as in - one man's trash is another man's treasure. They might dislike all games you like, for example.

Oh, I don't doubt it! I play lots of point-and-click adventures and hidden object games, so...sure.

I'm just saying that if a game is considered really good, you can often see it get into 95% positive territory. But a really bad game won't ever get into 5% territory.

Arthea

yeah no, I asked you all nicely not to confuse Kemco with Kecmo (Koei Tecmo), Knurek pls.

Oh, I don't doubt it! I play lots of point-and-click adventures and hidden object games, so...sure.

I'm just saying that if a game is considered really good, you can often see it get into 95% positive territory. But a really bad game won't ever get into 5% territory.

people are damn optimists for no reason, that's why

just kidding, I don't do negative reviews that often, for example, I consider it waste of my time, as the game can be not for me, I could have been in entirely wrong mood or state of mind for it, etc.
If a game is broken or unplayable or devs promised one thing and we got another, that's different matter entirely, other than that there are no bad games as such.

MaxiLive

The MGSV DLC is apparently supposed to be available today.each for a dollar or all of it for 5.

"@JunkerHQnet: Outfits available starting today for 100 yen each, or buy them all for 500 yen https://t.co/bSPJCCIrb4"

Wow, you can give quiet clothes but she must retain all possible cleavage!

Arthea

Still, given how Alphadia underperformed, that's your only chance to play their other games.

They got another game greenlit, they haven't given up on steam yet.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=509650451&searchtext=Asdivine+Hearts

It's rather strange that they have to go through greenlight, tho
they aren't indie dev, or completely unknown one either.

I don't even have the game on groupees, but I knew someone else would ask.

I thought it was told when a bundle was active that we aren't getting a steam key or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom