• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Knights of Pen and Paper 2

8blnFxv.jpg

ExoSoul

Banned
But... they are doing the same with indivisible?

One thing is a game that will get funded regardless and just tests the market with a small kickstarter that in no way represents the costs of development of said game, another is a game that if sucessfully crowdfunded will get extra funding from a publisher to meet the development costs otherwise it won't happen at all.

derExperte

Quick Look: Rebel Galaxy

I found it underwhelming, I only liked it because of the nostalgia factor, but the movie seemed pretty mediocre from what they showed on the trailer.
don't kill me

What I got out of the trailer story-wise seemed almost like a remake of Episode 4. Which is better than the overcomplicated nonsense of E1-3 but I wouldn't call myself hyped. SW is so dead and played out for me that I need more than a few nice shots and old characters.

I found it underwhelming, I only liked it because of the nostalgia factor, but the movie seemed pretty mediocre from what they showed on the trailer.
don't kill me

I've got to agree with this, the shots were pretty but there didn't seem to be much meat in terms of the story. Based off the poster there is another death star so I hope it's not just another retread of that.

I do intend to go into it with an open mind and I do hope it's good.

madjoki

Mildly annoying. I remember reading steam keys will be provided once the games get released on Steam in the game's info while the bundles were active (though it's not there anymore).

Yup, wayback machine has old versions cached too (at least until someone request removal).

http://web.archive.org/web/20141028145108/https://groupees.com/bm14
http://web.archive.org/web/20140910065329/https://groupees.com/babmb

Looks like it's removed few months ago, maybe they hoped no one would remember.

derExperte

Tales from the Borderlands e5 review are very positive: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/tales-from-the-borderlands-episode-5---the-vault-of-the-traveler

What a ride. When the first episode released late last year, I wrote in the review "If the rest of the season maintains this level of quality, Tales from the Borderlands will be up there in history with the other great recent Telltale adventures."

It is finished now and I am pleased to report that it kept up the brisk pacing, sharp writing, and truly heartfelt moments throughout the five episodes. There's no doubt this will be held in high esteem among adventure games. Tales from the Borderlands is the best series Telltale has ever produced. Period.

Meanwhile that new Overlord game is getting killed on Steam.

Tizoc

Yo this LiS Ep.5 ....I'm almost done but ba gawwwwwwwwwwwwd.

Also lol at some people having trouble with
the maze to the lighthouse, it's not even that hard...

Nice that someone took a screenshot of the promise of Steam keys.

But the game has always been on Steam hasn't it? This one is the EE which wasn't in a bundle bfore, far as I know.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Rockstar Adds New Modes And Other Tweaks In GTA Online Lowriders Update

We’ve covered the GTA Online Lowriders update a number of times, as Rockstar has slowly doled out information. Today we know the extent of what players are getting in the free content push.

In addition to the new vehicles and customization options, Lowrider adds three new adversarial modes. Keep the Pace borrows from Speed, forcing players to stay above the minimum velocity or explode. Offense Defense is an asymmetrical mode with runners racing toward the end of a route while protectors try and stop them. Relay takes us back to grade school field day as team members run laps and pass the proverbial baton to another.

A new scene creator gives Rockstar Editor fans the ability to set up specific scenarios. You can place props from a catalog of more than 200 and save four settings for maximum mayhem.

Additionally, there are new character customization options, weapon pickups in free mode, three new character emotes, and improved mouse control options for PC players. You can start customizing your cars and taking advantage of the new features today.

madjoki

But the game has always been on Steam hasn't it? This one is the EE which wasn't in a bundle bfore, far as I know.

Yes, LBA1 bundle wasn't enhanced edition, however LBA2 on Steam is original version.

Neither was on steam before. (That's why steam keys were promised after release on Steam).

I see more people have dawned there Halloween avatars.

Just found my waifu in the game and she ain't even playable.

Gonna take a bet based on her character design and you saying she isn't playable.

Has one part and will never be seen again or dies trying to protect something or by accident.

Hektor

Does that game hold up for its' entire duration? Always thought it looked quite promising but never saw it at an attractive enough price.

The cases and puzzles all are very interesting and well thought out i felt. I didnt really had a downtime in the 10 hours of playtime, aside from the handful moments where i didnt see an obvious solution and one unfun minigame.

If you like detective games its definetely recommended.

Coincidantelly I watched the 15mins Hitman video yesterday for the first time. So I am interested in stealth games currently. While this looks interesting, I am still waiting for a stealth-agent game where the USA is the enemy and you play as a Russian(etc.) Agent. And I don't mean classless propaganda games.
Americans are the good guys, Russians, Chinese, "Arabs" are the bad guys... gee, that got old for a long time already.

The lowriders in GTAV are pretty great, Lamar kills it as usual with the little intro mission. Expensive as hell though, cost me about $1.2 million just for one lowrider all kitted up.

Jawmuncher

Oh forgot to say after all was said and done with Life is Strange. MGSV is still my GOTY. Looks like nothing else this year is gonna take its spot.

Tizoc

That LiS finale sure was something. My only gripe with
the save Arcadia Bay ending is that Kate Marsh was alive, nothing against her but it really makes her part in the Ep. 2 finale meaningless :X

the save Arcadia Bay ending is that Kate Marsh was alive, nothing against her but it really makes her part in the Ep. 2 finale meaningless :X

I think Chloe was the only thing that was causing the storm so she could have actually saved Kate once she let Chloe die and have the world play out from that point on, like she did on that one trip back in time when she was in the dark room, and told Kate it would be okay and hug her in the class room.

Jawmuncher

Uh everything
is null with that ending because it starts before anything happens. This is what I was saying yesterday the ending after all went the Telltake route with both of them.

Chariot

It wasn't. Her story was part of what made me choose the don't kill Warren ending despite I initially wished to do it. But I didn't want to lose Kate, especially because what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom