• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wanted to ask this, but does the HD version have the proper original/Gamecube lighting and effects?

The PC version I played years ago was a shitty PS2 port IIRC.

It does. This PC version is the true definitive version (well, until the retexture project is done, of course)

Yep

As in, notable money. $60 games and such.

But yeah they need some offsite way to enter for these during the stream, or at least get rid of ATP/Rank, so !ticket 1 isn't seen a ton and if it is, no !ATP/!RANK

Rank is just cosmetic, people who spam that command probably don't know what they are doing.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Where's Vanishing of Ethan Carter?

Getting to it, another post set coming (though Vanishing is only partially horror)

For Resident Evil Revelations 2, Boxset or Complete Season?

Are you interested in Raid Mode/costumes? If so, get the full set, if just want the main game, get the Complete Season.

I always wanted to ask this, but does the HD version have the proper original/Gamecube lighting and effects?

Has the Gamecube/Wii lighting.

But yeah they need some offsite way to enter for these during the stream, or at least get rid of ATP/Rank, so !ticket 1 isn't seen a ton and if it is, no !ATP/!RANK

That's not going to happen on a stream. Your best chance is to go to the Alienware Arena site and enter giveaways that way.

ATP is a far more simple and stress-free system. Better to have one giant burst of spam than the multitude of crap that littered the stream previously.

:( i think i failed my mid terms. well, there ain't nothing i can do about it now. Gonna play LiS later today, probably play through all 3 remaining episodes just to get my mind out of them exams.

Uzzy

The Frozen character pack is only £7. As someone with a little niece who would love to play some video games, I imagine that'd bring months of peace. So really, there's only one response to the DLC.
Sing it with me lads.

giphy.gif

Grief.exe

Yes.

I believe it may be missing one or two effects in certain situations, but I believe the vast majority are represented.

:( i think i failed my mid terms. well, there ain't nothing i can do about it now. Gonna play LiS later today, probably play through all 3 remaining episodes just to get my mind out of them exams.

aced mine fam

ArjanN

Very nice write up Dusk Golem, interesting that it lines up about exactly with my thoughts on the games , except for the couple I haven't played yet.

btw there's no reason to pick up Shadowrun Returns really. Just grab Dragonfall.

Eh, Dragonfall was a big improvement, but for this price I'd also easily recommend Shadowrun Returns.

zkylon

zkylewd
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (zkylon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

costume quest 1 -- MB-CDF02052979690B4 - Taken by ExoSoul
lumino city -- MB-3A924BB20028CF74 - Taken by ramoisdead
d

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
SEGA sez: New Sonic to be 'inspired by how it played in its heyday'

That smoke'll make you choke!

Earlier this year, SEGA issues a bold apology. The company apologized for accidentally naming its Halloween character "Boob" instead of "Boo."

Even earlier in the year, SEGA made another apology for how shit Sonic games have been recently and that company has "partially betrayed" fans. Sega Games CEO Haruki Satomi offered the following statement to Destructoid: "Seeing our fans across the world respond to our recent interview with Famitsu, lets us know we've made the right first step in acknowledging who we are and where we want to be. Sega is dedicated to bringing you quality gaming experiences and becoming a brand you love and trust again."

Continuing that that vein, a recent comment by SEGA Europe Marketing Director Jon Rooke, noted by GoNintendo, points to future Sonic going back to the series' roots.

"Sega has publicly apologised to the fans as the quality of console games in the Sonic franchise hasn’t been acceptable over recent years. It’s been tough translating that iconic side scrolling 2D experience from the 90s into 3D but Sonic is still huge for us so the new games will be more inspired by how it played in its heyday."

And yet, that official Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter account just spews memes irreverently, instead of offering kids advice about sexual harassment and cigarette smoking. "Over the next few years, we want to use engaging content and marketing to remind the public why they fell in love with Sega in the first place." Oh.

Want to come over and get high brah?

I don't do anything other than study, work, and play games at the moment so luckily I'm doing well in my classes. Had my holy shit I have to get it together moment when I took Calculus during a minimester. Made an A, but it lead to a change in my study habits. From 2 years of nursing to physics, sigh.

Lomax

There was a price mistake:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/395270/announcements/detail/108444398037164371

I saw it 80% off and didn't buy it because it didn't have cards :p

I have no sympathy for him for making the same mistake twice. Seriously, anyone who releases a game on Steam can take a little time and learn about how price mistakes happen, but once by accident I can understand. But when you do the same thing two games in a row, that's your own stupidity, no one else's.

Trying to download some stuff and I'm getting peaks of a couple hundred kb/sec then long stretches of nothing just for it to restart again a bit later. A constant cycle....

Dr Dogg

Ever wonder what Gotahm City looks like at 7680x4320? Well wonder no more!

Well resampled to 2560x1440. I'm not that cruel to embed 55mb's of bandwidth hoggery. Which at full res is fucking hilarious as you can see all the scaled back textures and lower quality LODs right next to pristine structures clear as day.

Funnily trying to capture screens at that res in Ryse crashed my system every time despite a 64bit executable and using less memory than AK and in Unity I got a memory stop exception the moment I selected it. Arkham Knight wins the battle of stable resolutions at least.

Asgaro

So it seems like (given all the evidence that's been collected over the last few days) Valve's card drop algorithm has changed to this:
  • If you've ever requested a refund with Steam, games will not start dropping cards until after 2 hours of play time has passed.
  • If you've never requested a refund with Steam, games will start dropping cards without the 2 hour waiting period.
Does this sound like it's in line with what you guys have experienced? Has anyone here had cards drop quicker than 2 hours in the last few days and have requested a refund for a game in the past?

Gaben got us by the fucking BALLZ.

6yWfZvO.gif

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Fo real, these entries in the nep nep contest are really high quality.

I was so sure about my winning move but goddamn you guys looks fabulous.

Dat...... assssssssssssss
Ever wonder what Gotahm City looks like at 7680x4320? Well wonder no more!

Well resampled to 2560x1440. I'm not that cruel to embed 55mb's of bandwidth hoggery. Which at full res is fucking hilarious as you can see all the scaled back textures and lower quality LODs right next to pristine structures clear as day.

Funnily trying to capture screens at that res in Ryse crashed my system every time despite a 64bit executable and using less memory than AK and in Unity I got a memory stop exception the moment I selected it. Arkham Knight wins the battle of stable resolutions at least.
Looks like a press-shot. Rain is a bit tough on the eyes, the in-game effect I mean. You weren't kidding about LOD when zooming o_O

Is there a way to prevent Big Picture Mode from starting when you press the guide button on a controller? I just got wireless adapter for the Xbox One controller and to turn it off you hold the guide button, which of course starts the BPM. I've been searching and can't find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom