• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

I'm expecting the worst. No regional pricing but region locking implemented anyway. And a bad exchange rate to boot. That's what GMG did when they transitioned to INR earlier this year. A $60 game would cost $70ish on GMG. On top of that they disabled the VIP section for us and coupons don't work either. So basically the site became instantly useless. I hope that doesn't happen to Steam :(

That would be extremely disappointing, and I doubt Valve would have gone ahead with the change.
Take a look at CS:GO pricing:
xMrqDDs.png

So far, all of the regional pricing implemented after Euros and Pounds have made games cheaper, not more expensive than USD. Edit: Except Yen, very often, and there's a lot of locked games, specially japanese games.
Of course, there's the random dev that changes the presets *cough* Capcom *cough*, but they're still priced about the same as the USD price at worst.

Jazz573

That would be extremely disappointing, and I doubt Valve would have gone ahead with the change.
Take a look at CS:GO pricing:
xMrqDDs.png

So far, all of the regional pricing implemented after Euros and Pounds have made games cheaper, not more expensive than USD. Edit: Except Yen, very often, and there's a lot of locked games, specially japanese games.
Of course, there's the random dev that changes the presets *cough* Capcom *cough*, but they're still priced about the same as the USD price at worst.

So jealous of Brazil and Russia. ;(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So jealous of Brazil and Russia. ;(

What people often forget about regional pricing is that if it didn't exist, then everyone should be expecting to pay the highest available price, not the lowest.

Salsa

I know not many of you bought Galak-Z cause you god damn suck

but:

is anyone else playing the game having an issue where Achievement notifications pop up when.. you exit the game? rather than during it?

overlay and everything else works fine, so im not sure whats up

Eila

What people often forget about regional pricing is that if it didn't exist, then everyone should be expecting to pay the highest available price, not the lowest.

Regional pricing is great, it makes people in developing countries buy more and pirate less games.
I don't understand why Russian prices are generally much cheaper than every other place, though. I guess it's because they were the first one.

Sober

I don't understand this game. Is it really just cleaning stuff up like in the videos? Why is it not boring as hell?
What makes other games not boring? There's like so many games where I just shoot endless waves of faceless mooks and I've gotten bored of those.

mrgone

I know not many of you bought Galak-Z cause you god damn suck

but:

is anyone else playing the game having an issue where Achievement notifications pop up when.. you exit the game? rather than during it?

overlay and everything else works fine, so im not sure whats up

Going by the achievement times it looks like I'm getting the same thing. Also it seems like the achievements might be a little buggy in general - I don't think I would've earned a couple of the ones I've received (I've never snuck into a warp beacon unless the White Tusk fight counts for that, or collected all chests in a season).

If you want Mercenary Kings, PM me and I'll gift ya a copy from a leftover HB. Then you too can embrace the mediocrity.

Mercenary Kings is in the new humble bundle. It sucks, don't buy it.

Mercenary Kings is awful.

Ok , after 45 minutes thanks to ramoisdead, the movement , shooting , and overall feel of this game is just not fun, booted metal slug on psp just to be sure , and yes, 1 minute in that game is already fun. Is such a shame.

Aaron D.

I don't understand this game. Is it really just cleaning stuff up like in the videos? Why is it not boring as hell?

It's not boring as hell 'cause it's designed to be a relaxing game to begin with.

Besides the premise being incredibly novel, the game itself has an OCD Zen vibe.

Tons of diverse maps as well.

VCD is definitely out there, but it delivers for what it is.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I see 3 new ones

DsrzYi5.png

But I got the new badge after doing 2 of them

I got the upgrade after doing 2 as well. In the process of making a short shadowplay vid of Metro 2033, uploading to youtube, linking youtube, and sending to Steam just so I can OCD complete all the tasks.

I hope they never have a "link facebook" task because I never ever had or ever will have fb.

Jazz573

That's Steam.

What? No. The americans are on their xboxes and on their iphones and on their Lugers. He said % population, not total population.

edit: or not?

Just figured it would be US, with Valve being an American company. :p Anyways Canada is 3.49% of Steam users.

Salsa

Ok , after 45 minutes thanks to ramoisdead, the movement , shooting , and overall feel of this game is just not fun, booted metal slug on psp just to be sure , and yes, 1 minute in that game is already fun. Is such a shame.

I don't think Mercenary Kings is a great game

that said; my initial dislike of it came from it not being like Metal Slug, which is what one might assume by just seeing screens / videos

the jump lag and all that bothered me, but after a while I started to understand the type of game it is

I don't think its bad, I just think it takes a while. Game is pretty weird structure wise and all.

It's kinda like 2D Monster Hunter. Animation/Movement priority. Taking on many "missions" on the same level. Capturing bosses rather than killing them...

I think what killed it for me was having 4-way splitscreen even when playing just 2 players... I was really lookin forward to playing it locally with a bud but that part was just awful

also, I made a thread on the jump lag THE DAY of release and I still get weekly steam notifications for it on people commenting how much it sucks, even tho I didnt mind it like a day later after making the thread

it's just a very weird and offputting game for the first few minutes cause you're expecting something else, but if you have the time I say give it.

Eila

Yep, you don't need any of the dlc. I didn't think we'd see another sale of the third one before final cut dropped but I'll probably pick it up now.
You think it's worth grabbing the third one 50% off? I already have I and II.

People who list their country on the profile, I think.

That's the only number I can think of that you can get.

Right.
I recently added that to my profile, to hopefully raise the average :p

Lomax

I see 3 new ones

DsrzYi5.png

But I got the new badge after doing 2 of them

I don't think the smiley face task is new, i think you just missed it
but i'm not sure

They added three new ones, finish a discovery queue, view a broadcast, and add your phone number (which was the obvious point of the whole thing). And as with the last level, you just have to do all of them but one to get the badge.

I don't think Mercenary Kings is a great game

that said; my initial dislike of it came from it not being like Metal Slug, which is what one might assume by just seeing screens / videos

the jump lag and all that bothered me, but after a while I started to understand the type of game it is

I don't think its bad, I just think it takes a while. Game is pretty weird structure wise and all.

It's kinda like 2D Monster Hunter. Animation/Movement priority. Taking on many "missions" on the same level. Capturing bosses rather than killing them...

I think what killed it for me was having 4-way splitscreen even when playing just 2 players... I was really lookin forward to playing it locally with a bud but that part was just awful

also, I made a thread on the jump lag THE DAY of release and I still get weekly steam notifications for it on people commenting how much it sucks, even tho I didnt mind it like a day later after making the thread

it's just a very weird and offputting game for the first few minutes cause you're expecting something else, but if you have the time I say give it.

Im going to play it more later then, but so far I dont like how it plays.

I believe that they'll convert the currency using the current exchange rate at the time of the conversion.

I hope they make the change in december, when the exchange rate is going to be at its highest for the US dollar against my currency

What's really killing my enjoyment of Mercenary Kings is the intermittent and random as fuck slowdown I keep getting. I kinda like it otherwise.

Not as annoying as the lag I get when I try and play Rocket League while online though. That drives me insane. Offline 4 player only for me on that until I can sort that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom