• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloke

Sorry to say, but according to Kagari, it's a full PS4 exclusive.

And for what it's worth, Kagari is to me more trustworthy than Squares CEO. She even hunted to the FFVII Remake before the PS4 was announced.

I remember FF13 was full PS3 exclusive once, only to come 360 and PC later on, so never say never.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
GIVEAWAY

I will be doing a contest to giveaway a copy of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 V Generation. Make a drawing with the theme TOP NEP, with whatever tools you choose. A winner will be chosen in 24 hours.

XLUSz0X.png

alright, what do I win

Ludens

Banned
If you liked Always Sometime Monster, buy JRPG Bundle with Greyfox, it's only 49 cents and it comes with 4 games, all of them have cards too so the bundle almost pay for itself.
I didn't try other games, but Greyfox is nice.

Also I just discovered this is a thing:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/291770/

I was waiting for the sequel, but Boakes release this...sequel/prequel?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The Escapists: Duct Tapes are Forever DLC asks you to break your Bonds in a supervillain's lair

8v2bFeh.jpg

If The Escapists: The Walking Dead finds Team17 flipping the formula like a mattress in a cell search, putting the player in charge of the camp for the first time, then Duct Tapes Are Forever sounds like original sandbox sim’s last hurrah. Developed by indie outfit Mouldy Toof, the Spectrey DLC will plonk us in the underground lair of a heinous villain and ask us to draw on all of our experience in great escapes.

Duct Tapes Are Forever consists of one timely new map, six achievements and a leaderboard totalling £2.99, $4.49 or 3,99 €, and comes to PC this Tuesday, November 3rd. You’ll need to muster all your “spy cunning” to sneak into restricted areas without raising suspicion and gather the items necessary to pull of an “explosive” exit.

Team17’s Escapists Walking Dead spin-off is an almost opposite affair, putting the player in control of the camp for the first time and leaving them to maintain order. But original developers Mouldy Toof aren’t involved in that project, and are evidently busying themselves crafting items in the same vein as vanilla Escapists.

Think you have it in you to conceive one more plot while sticking to schedule?

Arthea

Higurashi, hell yeah! We knew it's coming this year and I kinda hoped they will be able to release it for Halloween but it's still nice to have a date finally.

I bought Koi Koi (because it is a fun card game not because of animu shit just to set the record fucking straight on that matter thank you very much) and Rock Boshers DX: Director's Cut and CAPSULE and I recommend you do the same or at least look at these titles and when/if you look at Koi Koi think of the beautiful illustrations of cranes and flowers and our sister moon on the cards and not those scantily clad ersatz women.

thanks for reading

the hell did I read?

edited:
aww
Trails SC not even in the top ten on the bestsellers list... We can kiss TC good bye right now
*sadness and sorrow*
I knew this was coming, but it's still so not fair...

How much more content does the $40 (currently $20) version of Resident Evil Revelations 2 have over the normal $25 (currently $10) version of the game? And which one is worth getting? The game has so many DLCs that it's hard to figure out what stuff is cosmetic and what is actual content.

edited:
aww
Trails SC not even in the top ten on the bestsellers list... We can kiss TC good bye right now
*sadness and sorrow*
I knew this was coming, but it's still so not fair...

Arthea pls

It's on #15 almost a day after launch with a sale going on at the same time. It was #3 for quite a while yesterday

No one knows exactly what that means, but it doesn't seem terrible to me

Can't wait for the doom and gloom SteamSpy posts in a few days ;)

Arthea

Arthea pls

It's on #15 almost a day after launch with a sale going on at the same time. It was #3 for quite a while yesterday

No one knows exactly what that means, but it doesn't seem terrible to me

Can't wait for the doom and gloom SteamSpy posts in a few days ;)

I'll wait at least a week for my next gloom and doom post, you have my word!

Jawmuncher

How much more content does the $40 (currently $20) version of Resident Evil Revelations 2 have over the normal $25 (currently $10) version of the game? And which one is worth getting? The game has so many DLCs that it's hard to figure out what stuff is cosmetic and what is actual content.

Unless you really want to play Raid Mode with every character the regular pack with the two bonus episodes is all you need.

jediyoshi

Actual gameplay content wise, the more expensive one is classic raid mode maps and wesker for raid mode. Regular version is plenty though.

AHA-Lambda

The complete season (£12) vs the box set (£15)?

The difference is the more expensive one comes with an extra character, some costumes and a map pack.

Arthea

by this time I should have had my winter sale budget, but this year was so full of games I had to buy day one that I have nothing.
oh horror
rob a bank? stop eating? don't fix my PC? What to do?! Only one month left too, well, kinda closer to two, but not really.

by this time I should have had my winter sale budget, but this year was so full of games I had to buy day one that I have nothing.
oh horror
rob a bank? stop eating? don't fix my PC? What to do?! Only one month left too, well, kinda closer to two, but not really.
How about playing your backlog?

I only have time for Heroes of the Storm nowadays.

Tizoc

So I managed to get RE Rev 2. with a few more dlc for like $17ish and so I don't need the RE Rev 2 coupons I got from Humble bundle. Is there a way I can give it to someone else?

Well turns out if you already own the first episode of Revelations 2 (that I got from last week's bundle) then you can't purchase the $20 version of the game anyway. So I guess the choice was made for me.

Dear Steam User,
Steam will soon be priced in Chinese Renminbi!
If your Steam wallet has any money in it on November 3rd, 2015, your U.S. Dollar balance will be converted to Renminbi, at a conversion rate dictated by market value at the time of conversion.

I hope I can help some Gaffers out with cheap games ;)

Tizoc

Well turns out if you already own the first episode of Revelations 2 (that I got from last week's bundle) then you can't purchase the $20 version of the game anyway. So I guess the choice was made for me.

What about getting it from Humblebundle?
I got the RE Rev 2 Box set (that has Wesker dlc) for $16 from a trader, if you want I could PM them to you and see if they can offer you the box set for that price.

What about getting it from Humblebundle?
I got the RE Rev 2 Box set (that has Wesker dlc) for $16 from a trader, if you want I could PM them to you and see if they can offer you the box set for that price.

Nah it's not worth the effort. Folks here say that the regular/cheaper version is good enough so I'll probably just go with that. Thanks for the offer though.

Jawmuncher

Eh I don't buy it. Sony would be hyping it if it was a full exclusive. They haven't even shown it nor mentioned it in any of their conferences or press releases. If anything Nier is just made with PS4 in mind atm, but if they wanted to they could more than likely port to wherever. So I would say it's exclusive like how some old games were. They just don't want to do the extra work to put it anywhere else.

Hell this interview video literally just said the game was undecided platform wise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssD3wf5Kp9M&feature=youtu.be&t=11m58s
So it could hit PC.

Edit: The PSN thread does say Exclusively in 2016 however SFV is also exclusive and on PC.

Arthea

How about playing your backlog?

I only have time for Heroes of the Storm nowadays.

bbbbbbut winter sale, it's a big deal!

I play it, all the time, it just doesn't leave even a dent.

Eh I don't buy it. Sony would be hyping it if it was a full exclusive. They haven't even shown it nor mentioned it in any of their conferences or press releases. If anything Nier is just made with PS4 in mind atm, but if they wanted to they could more than likely port to wherever. So I would say it's exclusive like how some old games were. They just don't want to do the extra work to put it anywhere else.

Hell this interview video literally just said the game was undecided platform wise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssD3wf5Kp9M&feature=youtu.be&t=11m58s
So it could hit PC.

I also think it has a good chance coming to PC, but we never know for sure and we don't know what SE thinks about their steam sales and reputation or is it worth, especially if Sony is offering some exclusivity deal.

edited: atm I'm more interested are we going to get FF15 or no. It could be a good indication what SE plans for the future are.

Update to Steam Beta client, it was changed this week (or wait for next version).

I'm now using the Beta client and there doesn't seem to be any change. Holding the guide button to turn off my controller still causes BPM to launch and I can't find any option to disable that functionality. Am I missing something?

FloatOn

oh also I was made aware of this game Super Slam Dunk Touchdown yesterday.

It's an early access game but it looks like amazing fun for those that enjoy arcade sports.

wbacon posted about DD PC

Few concerned Arisens on and off the record asked me if everything's a-okay with DDDA since we've gone dead silent after the initial announcement.

We're intentionally in a 'quiet period' at the moment, but I wanted to reassure everyone that things are shaping up rather nicely that will make Itsuno & Co. proud of his baby.

To whet your appetite, we'll start sharing information in a few weeks' time including PC-specific features, system requirements, epic
60fps+ and/or 4K
footage, and more.

We've also fought really hard to stuff in as much feature and content as possible while still offering it at a fair price. But I know fans want more. Moar! More is always better. But we've already stuffed all previously released DLCs into the base game so I have no more DLC to give. What is a shriveled morsel of bacon to do?

But fret not, my fellow Arisens. As a huge fan of Dragon's Dogma myself, pre-order incentives we've concocted I *think* will bring smiles to DD fans and newcomers alike. I humbly ask you to not tase
or eat
me if I fall short.

Bacon out

Arthea

Almost forgot Wild Season has -45% discount, so it's lowest it even have been, but... the game is on EA for more than half a year now and not much happened during that time, I follow it, so I know. It's basically as far from finished as it was, there are a lot of negative reviews because of that and at this point I'm not entirely sure it'll ever be finished.
I'm not sure is the team too small or their planning is shit, but yeah, even if I'm tempted by that discount, not buying.
Let's remember here that a year is almost over, no Stardew Valley in sight either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom