• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
This isn't a demo, this is the full game with chunks removed that are still in development or being kept under wraps so fans have something new to learn when the game officially launches. The content they're talking about removing is already integrated into the game plan and exists as-is beside all of the currently existing content. There's no technical reasons why it's being removed. I perfectly understand that games change drastically, content is cut and replaced all the time, but it's usually for a variety of reasons that don't include "dicking customers who buy the game later because stone cold said so".

The only reason it's being removed is to give EA players a better understanding of the game as a whole. It's a massive difference and should absolutely be discouraged.

The dev was just being an idiot. Should have said the game is being rebalanced for full release and will change because of it. Why would you write that you're locking out future purchasers to give EA players the feel of exclusivity?

This is why big companies have PR.

Teggy

If you get Shadow Warrrior, it comes with Viscera Cleanup Detail: Shadow Warrior for free. Stack the Alienware 75% off coupon with the current Shadow Warrior 85% off deal and get the game for less than a toonie!

https://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/the-shadow-warrior-75-steam-discount-key-giveaway

Actually I already own Shadow Warrior so I have this, I forgot. I remember when I got it I thought to myself "why would I ever want to play this?" Maybe I will boot it up out of sheer curiosity. I can almost guarantee I won't care for it though - it's very rare that I like a game without a story. I can't even think of one off the top of my head that's not a sports game or an 80s arcade game from when no games had any story.

Might work, might not!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Deponia -- MB-E9CA05B4BFE40640 - Taken by shockdude
TownCraft -- MB-992ADD38C09299E3 - Taken by Mikurden
Super Splatters -- MB-78F3368F4C346EA1 - Taken by fernandes
Insurgency -- MB-3B1173D5670EB555 - Taken by Darth Kupi

fertygo

TBH I prefer 30fps "looks"

but the "feel" of higher fps at gameplay is much better, so the previous preference not really matter in the end if I could get higher stable fps, I choose that all the time.

To put it in other way, movies will never look right to me in high fps but for games because you actually controlling shit, its matter.. higher fps just made control more responsive.

Don't kill me guise

TBH I prefer 30fps "looks"

but the "feel" of higher fps at gameplay is much better, so the previous preference not really matter in the end if I could get higher stable fps, I choose that all the time.

To put it in other way, movies will never look right to me in high fps but for games because you actually controlling shit, its matter.. higher fps just made control more responsive.

Don't kill me guise

i'm gonna kill ya sorry

Teggy

So I decided on my Halloween game for this year (since that plan worked out so well last year when I picked Costume Quest and played for less than an hour) - Bloodrayne, and maybe 2 as well if I like it.

Thing is, even though I own both games on Steam I am playing on PS3 because the Xbox controller doesn't work right with it and keyboard/mouse controls are pretty rough. So it's super blurry and windowboxed on my 60" tv but at least I have a good chance of finishing it.

To be honest the main reason I decided to check it out is because I found out Laura Bailey is Rayne.

Nzyme32

Kind of conflicted. Steam Support have been relatively prompt for the past fortnight with all my questions, responding within 2 days each time. On the other hand, it took that long for us to conclude we can't work out the problem is and the fixes just cause more issues, so I'm getting a replacement controller instead... eh at least the original is still mostly usable

Grief.exe

So I decided on my Halloween game for this year (since that plan worked out so well last year when I picked Costume Quest and played for less than an hour) - Bloodrayne, and maybe 2 as well if I like it.

Thing is, even though I own both games on Steam I am playing on PS3 because the Xbox controller doesn't work right with it and keyboard/mouse controls are pretty rough. So it's super blurry and windowboxed on my 60" tv but at least I have a good chance of finishing it.

To be honest the main reason I decided to check it out is because I found out Laura Bailey is Rayne.

Ironically the game supports Dinput so a DS4 or DS4 should work

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/BloodRayne#Input_settings

Just skimming the wiki and Steam forums it seems the port is hit or miss, so it may be just as well.

OK, wait. Does this mean noboby with 8GB of system memory will manage to run the game without major stuttering and framedrops?
Batman AK looks like the outlier. I don't know of another game needing +8GB for optimal performance. Eh, hoping my 8 gigs will carry me some more years.

Hm, a technical question. My motherboard has Dual Channel for RAM and mine are 2x4GB. If I add another 4GB stick from another vendor, will that disable advantages of running Dual Channel, or is it advised to pull the 2x4 out and get 2x8 sticks?
So I did some googling, reading tech forums and articles on this. Also watched this video Guide to RAM Memory Channels as Fast As Possible. Mixing willy-nilly is not advised apparently.
My mobo is a MSI Z97 PC Mate which has 4 RAM slots supporting Dual Channel. So my idea of just getting a cheap 4GB stick - on top of my 2x4GB - falls flat, bummer. Gotta have to wait for a deal on a cheap 2x8GB Dual Channel RAM kit it seems :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I did some googling, reading tech forums and articles on this. Also watched this video Guide to RAM Memory Channels as Fast As Possible. Mixing willy-nilly is not advised apparently.
My mobo is a MSI Z97 PC Mate which has 4 RAM slots supporting Dual Channel. So my idea of just getting a cheap 4GB stick - on top of my 2x4GB - falls flat, bummer. Gotta have to wait for a deal on a cheap 2x8GB Dual Channel RAM kit it seems :/

Why not just buy another 2x4GB kit?

decided to play a bit of counter strike, 0-8, quit after the match and uninstalled the game. Don't even know why i still try it from time to time

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
CSiXJEVUAAAVUTZ.jpg:large

You can pre-order on the mangamer site which is NSFW so no link.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
From what I understood - not much tbh - a Dual Channel mobo "should" work better with two dual channel sticks and four sticks are "better" for mobos which support Quad Channel.
? not completely grasping I might add

Memory bandwidth drops oh-so-slightly when all slots are occupied, but it's not going to have any tangible effect on performance. You'd only notice a difference if you ran before and after memory bandwidth benchmarks.

Eila

Holy shit, looking at this makes me think even I can draw Ecchi. I got to get in on this.

Higurashi is not smut, though.
And yes, you probably can draw the portraits for your own visual novel. Here's how the originals looked:
002.jpg

Better have the story to back it up, though.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Better have the story to back it up, though.

Get drawing...

Forbidden Love pt 1.
Mangaka - Zola R. Moon
Translations by k4w411_Kurojin

So Zola-chan met this baka-gaijin Jess at Hooters, Zola-chan was Jess-chan's cafe maid she was so kawaii, totemo kawaii. Jess-chan came in their with her onii-chan black man. Zola-chan being a cafe maid sat down with Jess-chan and her onii-chan and they started talking. Apparently Jess-chan's onii-chan gives her kane (translator's note: money). They were bonding and becoming tomodachis (friends). They exchange numbers feeling like their meeting was destiny and continue talking for quite some time.

Memory bandwidth drops oh-so-slightly when all slots are occupied, but it's not going to have any tangible effect on performance. You'd only notice a difference if you ran before and after memory bandwidth benchmarks.
That is good news. I should check out the box to see what kind of latency mine has to prevent problems. 2x4 ought to save me some money, thanks!

Take from my Bundle teets.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Prime World: Defenders -- MB-489BAC47E46BDFC9 - Taken by aw350. 4 entrants total.
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-17995377C9AAB66E - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 4 entrants total.

t1446265676z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I want to live in this make believe land where money is called Toonies

Sounds like a wonderfully magic place

I don't understand the Steam Guard mobile app set up. It is asking for a phone number, but I want to set up just the app to use as an authenticator to produce codes for login. Why does it need a phone number to do that?

My current phone number is one out of the country and I can't receive SMS until I get back to that country. So I can't add and verify a phone number at the moment.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Nice! How many chapters are there in total?

4 on this and 4 on Kai so 8 total for main story. There are going to be 11 total on this release since it'll include stuff that come out after which is:

• Higurashi Outbreak
• Higurashi Outbreak ~Kamikanshi-hen~
• Hinamizawa Bus Stop

Jazz573

4 on this and 4 on Kai so 8 total for main story. There are going to be 11 total on this release since it'll include stuff that come out after which is:

• Higurashi Outbreak
• Higurashi Outbreak ~Kamikanshi-hen~
• Hinamizawa Bus Stop

Those three are part of Hou. Do they have plans to do Rei?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom