• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

Reads good:

But I'm missing the "camera reworked" or "camera drastically improved" lines...

Yeah, the Spintires camera thing is an odd duck.

I recall wondering over it way back at launch, thinking it was wonky as heck. Then after I got some game-time under my belt, I started to realize it was pretty smart for what the game was trying to achieve.

It's not traditional, that's for sure. Essentially rotating around the vehicle itself. But it makes sense when you consider that the four corners of your ride are the most important visual points in the game. It's where all the action happens, and paying 150% attention to all sides of your vehicle at all times is the difference between mobility and mud bog.

I think there was some sort of alt. camera toggle in the Options menu that made it a lot better than the default setting, but it's been a long time.

Am going to re-download the game this week for sure to check out all those sweet new improvements. Can't wait.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yo, damn! That is a mighty impressive CV you got there buddy. Astrophysics? Man, I love to learn new stuff about that topic. You totally should not give up on your - even - higher education there. Whether soon or in some years. You're gonna be badass baller grandpa one day.

Ha, it's unlikely I'll ever return to the college scene. I have a daughter in college now and that shit's expensive. My son is only a few years out too. It'd be selfish of me to fork over the cash for a Master's Degree rather than paying for my kid's college. Even if I won the lottery I doubt I'd go back. I'm coming up on 20 years of experience in my career, so it'd also be dumb to cast that aside to go back to science after 15 years so that I could try to get a job in a field where I had no prior experience. Nope, I think that ship has sailed.

On the topic of games though - the more I see and hear about Far Cry Primal, the less excited I'm getting. And I wasn't that excited to begin with, outside of it being a Far Cry game which I played and loved 3 & 4 earlier this year. It just seems like it could be Cabela's Ice Age Wild Hunt 2016 and that would be more apt than calling it Far Cry.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut -- MB-0BB8D47CC44D66AF - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-A70BB228F710AB12 - Taken by fertygo. 1 entrants total.

t1444163692z1.png

Well, step-daughter. But I've been "Dad" for almost 10 years (more than half her life)

This is not the Home Free game I wanted

Hey JS, did you end up getting that copy of the game maker bundle you were looking for? If not, catch me on Steam and I think I might be able to help you.

wilflare

Fantastic lol

Nice giveaway, very generous of you! Hopefully you'll be an ever present entity this time around!

Shit man, lol. Big bucks for one card!

Also, yay Sonic :)

Awesome.
Gift me something with it. :3

:O

Congrats

I'm still in shock :O
no idea why the guy would buy it ._.
seems like a mistake of sorts

https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/324070-Portal (Foil)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey JS, did you end up getting that copy of the game maker bundle you were looking for? If not, catch me on Steam and I think I might be able to help you.

Yeah, I ended up buying it off another GAFfer in the B/S/T thread. Thanks for the offer though! :)

Whoa, I'm a 79 and never even been near "having kids" kind of life. I guess no-one really plans for it?

The best parts of life are the completely unexpected ones.

S1n1st3r

Banned
Hey SteamGAF, long time no see. I wasn’t an overly active user but SteamGAF was always a home for me. So where have I’ve been…

Well I think we have to start with Assassin’s Creed Unity, I preordered the Uplay collectors edition and my hype was immense, I just couldn’t wait for it. The day came when I got it and we all know just how the release of it was and then that I didn’t really have a computer to really play it fully. I could take the bugs and all but what just crushed me was how damned badly designed it was and how it for every iteration went further and further away from what I loved about AC, mainly those damned strict linear mission design (if you want full synch). I was so damned disappointed with the game that it took all joy I had with games with it.

Around the same time I got the opportunity to actually spend some time in Paris for real and for a someone who comes from the northern parts of Scandinavia the contrast and shock was life changing. I had so much fun and real life for once was so damned exciting that I actually got mad at games, for being in my whole life, taking up time that I’ve could have spent doing something real, something exciting. So when I got back home I decided to sell everything, I sold my PS4, WiiU, 3DS, all my PC parts and even my TV. My plans for the future were grand.

During this time I was doing my thesis work on my Bachelors Degree and that took most of my time till summer. After graduation I started to wonder where to go but no real job anywhere and a part time job in the same city I studied meant that I had to stay a little longer. So I am again stuck in a small northern town in Finland and my life just unraveled in all the worst ways. Most of my friends I studied with have left the town.

So I said fuck it and ordered a new PC (going into debt) but it just is something I had to do to even survive this. I’ve lined up some games that I really do want to play and will. I’m playing Pillars of Eternity on my Macbook while I wait for all the PC parts to arrive and I’m loving it. I do realize that games and an exciting life can co-exist. This time it’s actually inspiring to play a game. Though I am forever turned off by AC and probably Ubisoft games. Will of course try Unity with the new computer…

So why really did I write all this here? Well as I said SteamGAF was kind of like a home for me in that internet kind of way. Even if none of you either remember me or know me and that’s ok but this is still the first place I check in the morning and regularly throughout the day.

As a thank you for all you SteamGAFers, here are some gifts!

All keys should work but if they don't then I'm sorry.

Cool giveaway but that part about going into debt just to buy a new PC is scary, sounds iffy to me, a bit rash. I'm too scared of debt to ever do that. I'd rather just use this 2yr old gaming laptop, that wasn't even top of the line even back then.

I just play old games (with better graphics now), or indie games which are'nt too demanding.

Knurek

It's official, Witcher 3 doesn't end. Ever.
Sure as hell it will be my most played game. Just 16 hours to top NBA2k13

Monooboe

Cool giveaway but that part about going into debt just to buy a new PC is scary, sounds iffy to me, a bit rash. I'm too scared of debt to ever do that. I'd rather just use this 2yr old gaming laptop, that wasn't even top of the line even back then.

I just play old games (with better graphics now), or indie games which are'nt too demanding.

Yeah I agree of course about debt and it was kind of a rash decision but it had been bubbling for awhile, there were many reasons for it besides games and the motivation was part of a bigger life change, which hopefully turns out to be for the better.

S1n1st3r

Banned
Yeah I agree of course about debt and it was kind of a rash decision but it had been bubbling for awhile, there were many reasons for it besides games and the motivation was part of a bigger life change, which hopefully turns out to be for the better.

Thats good, as long it confers a net positive benefit to your life.

But why did you sell your old consoles. Putting those and your game collection in a box and storing it somewhere would have been better. Who knows when you get the itch to play some favorite game of yours again?

I still have my PS2 and game collection stashed. I mean why sell it for a pittance, I'll definitely revisit those games again once I have some free time in my life.

I am and have always been primarily a PC gamer, but I still regret (my parents) selling my NES.

Teggy

Anybody with an xbone controller on Win 10 find they have to unplug/insert the usb every time they start a new game? I didn't have this problem with Win 7.

Monooboe

Thats good, as long it confers a net positive benefit to your life.

But why did you sell your old consoles. Putting those and your game collection in a box and storing it somewhere would have been better. Who knows when you get the itch to play some favorite game of yours again?

I still have my PS2 and game collection stashed. I mean why sell it for a pittance, I'll definitely revisit those games again once I have some free time in my life.

I am and have always been primarily a PC gamer, but I still regret (my parents) selling my NES.

Mostly I just realised that I never replay anything. Thats for all media, I rarely rewatch a movie or reread a book. So no idea having huge collections of those kinds. I do however collect vinyl records and books(mostly factual or art/photography). Also collecting my games on Steam is fine by me.:D

Also how do everyone sort their games on steam? I STILL haven't figured out a good system. I got so frustrated so I've "hidden" most of the games I have and just have the games I really plan on playing visible.

Mostly I just realised that I never replay anything. Thats for all media, I rarely rewatch a movie or reread a book. So no idea having huge collections of those kinds. I do however collect vinyl records and books(mostly factual or art/photography). Also collecting my games on Steam is fine by me.:D

Also how do everyone sort their games on steam? I STILL haven't figured out a good system. I got so frustrated so I've "hidden" most of the games I have and just have the games I really plan on playing visible.

i have 3 main categories: games i want to try and maybe finish someday, finished games, and the rest. Some of the rest is hidden because it's either some bundle crap i got a while back or it's a dupe (like the mac versions of the GTA games for example).

I probably should have a better system but this one works for now. I also made those categories back when you could only categorize one game at a time so it was a nightmare to put together.

derExperte

I'm still in shock :O
no idea why the guy would buy it ._.
seems like a mistake of sorts

https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/324070-Portal (Foil)

It's the only iO foil that has none on the market while the others have at least a small supply which is also reasonably priced. So you got triple lucky, foil, rare foil and a dude with too much money and an unquenchable thirst for that iO foil badge. Note that a while ago someone else paid that much too.

Monooboe

i have 3 main categories: games i want to try and maybe finish someday, finished games, and the rest. Some of the rest is hidden because it's either some bundle crap i got a while back or it's a dupe (like the mac versions of the GTA games for example).

I probably should have a better system but this one works for now. I also made those categories back when you could only categorize one game at a time so it was a nightmare to put together.

I have something similar, I have the "Playing" "Maybe" and "Done" but added a "New DLC" and "Multiplayer".

Feels like a overhaul for the Library part of Steam is overdue. For example it would be sweet to have a little more informative details window for games.

Also, does someone know how to get rid of Dead Island Epidemic from ones inventory? I really don't want to send those to people.XD

Jawmuncher

I have something similar, I have the "Playing" "Maybe" and "Done" but added a "New DLC" and "Multiplayer".

Feels like a overhaul for the Library part of Steam is overdue. For example it would be sweet to have a little more informative details window for games.

I have a very similar system as well.

Wok

Hey SteamGAF, long time no see. I wasn’t an overly active user but SteamGAF was always a home for me. So where have I’ve been…

Well I think we have to start with Assassin’s Creed Unity, I preordered the Uplay collectors edition and my hype was immense, I just couldn’t wait for it. The day came when I got it and we all know just how the release of it was and then that I didn’t really have a computer to really play it fully. I could take the bugs and all but what just crushed me was how damned badly designed it was and how it for every iteration went further and further away from what I loved about AC, mainly those damned strict linear mission design (if you want full synch). I was so damned disappointed with the game that it took all joy I had with games with it.

Around the same time I got the opportunity to actually spend some time in Paris for real and for a someone who comes from the northern parts of Scandinavia the contrast and shock was life changing. I had so much fun and real life for once was so damned exciting that I actually got mad at games, for being in my whole life, taking up time that I’ve could have spent doing something real, something exciting. So when I got back home I decided to sell everything, I sold my PS4, WiiU, 3DS, all my PC parts and even my TV. My plans for the future were grand.

During this time I was doing my thesis work on my Bachelors Degree and that took most of my time till summer. After graduation I started to wonder where to go but no real job anywhere and a part time job in the same city I studied meant that I had to stay a little longer. So I am again stuck in a small northern town in Finland and my life just unraveled in all the worst ways. Most of my friends I studied with have left the town.

So I said fuck it and ordered a new PC (going into debt) but it just is something I had to do to even survive this. I’ve lined up some games that I really do want to play and will. I’m playing Pillars of Eternity on my Macbook while I wait for all the PC parts to arrive and I’m loving it. I do realize that games and an exciting life can co-exist. This time it’s actually inspiring to play a game. Though I am forever turned off by AC and probably Ubisoft games. Will of course try Unity with the new computer…

So why really did I write all this here? Well as I said SteamGAF was kind of like a home for me in that internet kind of way. Even if none of you either remember me or know me and that’s ok but this is still the first place I check in the morning and regularly throughout the day.

As a thank you for all you SteamGAFers, here are some gifts!

All keys should work but if they don't then I'm sorry.

I am glad you enjoyed Paris. Welcome back and I hope you will get to meet your friends somewhere relaxing in the nearby future.

yuraya

MGSV really does need a battle royale mod. The game is designed for it and everything would fit so perfectly with the stealth elements.

Its such a shame Konami is in charge of it all. They are too stupid and too slow of a company to ever allow such a thing.

Turfster

So I am again stuck in a small northern town in Finland and my life just unraveled in all the worst ways. Most of my friends I studied with have left the town.

Welcome back.
Sorry to hear about the troubles, hope things improve.

Also, awesome giveaway.

-------

Woof Blaster steam keys from the Groupees Hello Kitty Hello Doggie bundle are available via itch.io

fallout

Ha, it's unlikely I'll ever return to the college scene. I have a daughter in college now and that shit's expensive. My son is only a few years out too. It'd be selfish of me to fork over the cash for a Master's Degree rather than paying for my kid's college. Even if I won the lottery I doubt I'd go back. I'm coming up on 20 years of experience in my career, so it'd also be dumb to cast that aside to go back to science after 15 years so that I could try to get a job in a field where I had no prior experience. Nope, I think that ship has sailed.
Heyyy! I started going a degree in BSc. and then switched into Computer Science when I found out that I'm bad at calculus.

Do you still keep up with spacey stuff? I try to stay involved in the amateur astronomical community as much as I can.

Arthea

More Nep Nep is always a good thing

Oh, right.
I guess I didn't get in the beta this time either.
I imagine the fact that I don't own any of the earlier nepneps hurt my chances.

I have all IF games on steam, I have Nep Nep on steam and PS3, I haven't got in a single beta yet, it's just luck and mine sucks, yours too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom