• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Talking about horrible luck, anybody have seen anything like this?

damnj0lcj.jpg

It's not a gift, it's a key (nuuvem) and what do they mean by purchase cancelled, how can they cancel something that haven't been bought on steam itself?

now that I'm finally free from exams, I shall beat MGS5 today, must complete it before I get more school work!! Also wanna play MGO on ps4 :)

It's not a gift, it's a key (nuuvem) and what do they mean by purchase cancelled, how can they cancel something that hasn't been bought on steam itself?

Probably just means you'd need to VPN to activate it because it's a key that's not for sale in your region?

Annubis

It's not a gift, it's a key (nuuvem) and what do they mean by purchase cancelled, how can they cancel something that hasn't been bought on steam itself?

That's so weird, send me the key and I'll test it.
;-)

ngt

You bought a region restricted key. By "purchase cancelled" they mean "activation process has been cancelled". The key is still valid, but can be used in Brazil or South America only (depends on the lock itself).

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Successful $73,000 Kickstarter Runs Out Of Money

“I will admit that the amount needed to create this game was largely underestimated for the campaign,” wrote the director of a Kickstarter game called Midora in an update yesterday. “I knew that the game would need more than $60,000 to be made.”

This confession comes roughly 14 months after Midora, which promised to be an old-school action-adventure with some seriously gorgeous sprite-work, raised $73,470 from over 3,000 people. Back in April, the director—who goes by the handle Mhyre—confessed that he had run out of money. Now, he’s begging video game publishers and other potential investors for a deal.

“If you want to know exactly how much money we need to finish this game, I will tell you,” Mhyre wrote. “Between $120,000 and $150,000.” (...)

MUnited83

For you.

It means it's activation locked. That is often clearly stated on Nuuvem's page. Check steamdb to see if it was any runtime locks. If it doesn't,just get a VPN and activate the key.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
these should all work, I think... /shrug

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Skyflower -- MB-FBC93922E194E881 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-B5543974EB1A55E5 - Taken by someguyinahat. 1 entrants total.
In Verbis Virtus -- MB-2E7A57EF3B3C61A1 - Taken by Ozium. 4 entrants total.
Crimsonland -- MB-E7524B17AEA8EF0A - Taken by Ribeiro. 1 entrants total.
Steam Marines -- MB-19CC5EDC61CCD1B5 - Taken by criesofthepast. 1 entrants total.
Space Robot Samurai Zombie Slayer -- MB-C1F6BAFDC8C09161 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Simple Rockets -- MB-3DACD7998EEDD2BB - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.
Strata -- MB-C2D1BF43DCB6B01F - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.
Owys -- MB-37A6712B4A8F4933 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Monster Loves You! -- MB-1C822B4AEF6A7F75 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Oscura: Lost Light -- MB-DA0DAB80B3DDEF1A - Taken by Sammichu. 2 entrants total.
Secret of the Magic Crystals Complete -- MB-221E7B4D5FE60A8D - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1444168912z1.png

Arthea

Probably just means you'd need to VPN to activate it because it's a key that's not for sale in your region?

so, since when keys can be region locked and why we had no talk about it? it looks like pretty big deal to me, instead of talking about irrelevant stuff I mean. I would have preferred to know that now it's the case before making any decisions, but I didn't.

edited: I mean the game itself isn't region locked as far as I know.

It means it's activation locked. That is often clearly stated on Nuuvem's page. Check steamdb to see if it was any runtime locks. If it doesn't,just get a VPN and activate the key.

They should word it this way then, I mean that activation is cancelled, it scared the hell out of me.

MUnited83

For you.
so, since when keys can be region locked and why we had no talk about it? it looks like pretty big deal to me, instead of talking about irrelevant stuff I mean. I would have preferred to know that now it's the case before making any decisions, but I didn't.

edited: I mean the game itself isn't region locked as far as I know.

They should word it this way then, I mean that activation is cancelled, it scared the hell out of me.
Keys can be region locked since like a decade ago or more, its nothing new só of course nobody is discussing that.

Arthea

Keys can be region locked since like a decade ago or more, its nothing new só of course nobody is discussing that.

What are you talking about? I never have seen this before or had it happen and we talked before that keys can't be region locked many times also and are safe unlike gifts, kindly elaborate what you mean by "a decade ago".

What are you talking about? I never have seen this before or had it happen and we talked before that keys can't be region locked many times also and are safe unlike gifts, kindly elaborate what you mean by "a decade ago".

Keys can be region specific the same way a sub can.

Any key you're attempting to redeem basically works by granting the redeemer access to one of the particular subs for an app. If a game has region specific subs and you buy it from a region within those subs (for example. Tembo the Bad Ass Elephant has a Brazil/SA sub, so if you buy Tembo from Nuuvem, you'll get a key for that sub, most likely).

This is how you can end up with a key that's activation locked, as Bernardo pointed out.

MUnited83

For you.
This has been discussed so many times over it isn't even funny.
Keys could always be region locked. Not news now, not news 10 years ago.
People discussed here a shitload of times on how to check if a particular game on Nuuvem is locked or not.
The only thing said about keys is that they don't have a region lock applied universally like Gifts do. Publisher still have the option to do that if they wish so, they always had . nobody said keys can't be locked

Arthea

This has been discussed so many times over it isn't even funny.
Keys could always be region locked. Not news now, not news 10 years ago.
People discussed here a shitload of times on how to check if a particular game on Nuuvem is locked or not.
The only thing said about keys is that they don't have a region lock applied universally like Gifts do. Publisher still have the option to do that if they wish so, they always had . nobody said keys can't be locked

dammit, you are doing it on purpose, don't you
the game isn't region locked!
nvm

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Heyyy! I started going a degree in BSc. and then switched into Computer Science when I found out that I'm bad at calculus.

Do you still keep up with spacey stuff? I try to stay involved in the amateur astronomical community as much as I can.

I try to stay up with the latest news and I've listened to/watched all of UC Berkeley Webcasts on Astronomy over the past few years. They're free so it's a great way to take a refresher course without having to worry about credit (or paying) and they're pretty well put together.

Paging Stumpokapow

FloatOn

Man, the ginso tree in Ori nearly broke me but I finally beat it. Those thorn bushes were assholes.

Here's to hoping it gets a bit easier from here on out.

Ozium

I am only a little bit through Act 1 of DreadOut but I can recommend if you want to be spooped.. it has an eerie atmosphere which is good and plays pretty well.. it's not so much about jump scares but I had one that actually spooped me and I usually don't get spooped.

it's like a cross between silent hill and fatal frame, but not as good as either of those, but it's made by a small team and is rather impressive what they have accomplished compared to other indie (or even AAA) horror games that aren't named Alien Isolation, it's probably better than evil within I dunno

Will play more later tonight when it gets dark and after I play some Assault Android Cactus and check out Prison Architect for the first time (was waiting for it to come out of early access because I am an idiot when it comes to those types of games)

So in +/- a year, five Compile Heart games will have released on Steam.
Neptunia Re;Birth 1-3
Fairy Fencer F
Mugen Souls

Pretty crazy when you think about it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I am only a little bit through Act 1 of DreadOut but I can recommend if you want to be spooped.. it has an eerie atmosphere which is good and plays pretty well.. it's not so much about jump scares but I had one that actually spooped me and I usually don't get spooped.

it's like a cross between silent hill and fatal frame, but not as good as either of those, but it's made by a small team and is rather impressive what they have accomplished compared to other indie (or even AAA) horror games that aren't named Alien Isolation

probably better than evil within I dunno

It's kinda nostalgic in that awkward PS2 era way, where the camera is a bit at odds with the tight corridors and the animations are obviously canned and disconnected from the rest of the world. But it did a lot of stuff right, so I really loved the time I spent with it. Can't wait for the open world expansion later this year/next year.

Ozium

It's kinda nostalgic in that awkward PS2 era way, where the camera is a bit at odds with the tight corridors and the animations are obviously canned and disconnected from the rest of the world. But it did a lot of stuff right, so I really loved the time I spent with it. Can't wait for the open world expansion later this year/next year.

actually it reminds me more of Siren x Fatal Frame than Silent Hill but yeah it is a little janky but no more janky than the ps2 horror games were

also I am using Indonesian voices it's cool

Ozium

someone please explain to me the phenomenon of people on gaming side choosing to buy a game on a console because their PC "can't run it on max settings" at resolutions higher than 1080p when the console cannot be upgraded to make the game look better down the road and it won't even run on 'max settings' at less than 1080p anyways

it makes my brain hurt

M.D

1/4 of the game I'd say, maybe 1/3.
Thanks!
I knew about this part coming in, but it still managed to scare me lol
No idea why I'm playing this game tbh. I hate horror but decided that I have to play this for whatever reason, and the plot is interesting so now I want to know how it ends

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
someone please explain to me the phenomenon of people on gaming side choosing to buy a game on a console because their PC "can't run it on max settings" at resolutions higher than 1080p when the console cannot be upgraded to make the game look better down the road and it won't even run on 'max settings' at less than 1080p anyways

it makes my brain hurt

People are uninformed and speak anyways, but it's easier just to ignore them they don't want to learn they just want to be right.

Arthea

So in +/- a year, five Compile Heart games will have released on Steam.
Neptunia Re;Birth 1-3
Fairy Fencer F
Mugen Souls

Pretty crazy when you think about it.

Compile Heart? Only one game in that list is by Compile Heart - Mugen Souls, all others are IFs, even if Compile Heart is a part of IF, there is still a difference.

MUnited83

For you.
I take my words back, I somehow managed to miss that sub, misclicked or just skipped by accident, totally my mistake, I should have double checked... Oh well, too late now.
What game is it? It might only be activation locked, in which case just use a VPN and activate it.

Lomax

it makes my brain hurt

If I had a current gen console, I could see getting a game like Witcher 3 to play on it because it won't run on my PC at all. But then, if I had money for a current gen console, I'd also have money for a new video card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom