• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread was hyping some transformers and now no is talking about it. What happened?

s67eh.jpg

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Is there a name for "Upcoming games always look better than the Popular New Releases"

Even after the games come out, it's like "eh, I don't want it anymore"

honest question: Is Transformers anime?

Transformers in an IP. There is Transformer anime but Transformers isn't itself an anime property.

Basically the characters and the general universe was a US creation to place several unrelated Japanese toy lines into a single toy line. It was wildly popular compared to the original lines.

I asked because I know that Toei originally worked on Transformers but its style is distinctly western so i didn't know if that qualified or not.

And avatar is also animated by a japanese studio?

I read that thread and was deeply confused.

And I enjoyed the Prologue
the first time.
I think it was a standard ok linear military shooter prologue, then it stretched too long.
I asked because I know that Toei originally worked on Transformers but its style is distinctly western so i didn't know if that qualified or not.

And avatar is also animated by a japanese studio?
Korra is animated by a Korean studio.

derExperte

DerExperte where is the Star Wars Battlefront PC preload link?

Please, it's der, not Der. I always get sad when seeing my Xbox tag cause I somehow fucked that up, or it doesn't support lower case? Still better than PSN, fuck that dude who was faster than me.

Anyway, just open the Origin client and got to the store, there should be a banner on top.

There will be 5 pages of LiS spoilers when the final episode hits I guess.

that'll be fun because those are the same people that chastise folks for not buying LiS. I've pretty much had it spoiled for me just by keeping up with this thread, i haven;t clicked on a spoiler yet and i kinda know what to expect.

So take that, LiS fans, now i wont buy the game till it's like $1 for a uplay key

Dr Dogg

Also Dragon Age: Inquisition Somehow Game of the Year edition is up on Orangeen for the princely sum for 50 notes (that's pounds to you lot). Soooooo Battlefront Gamenight tomorrow night? I mean we don't play Steam games in here.

Jawmuncher

Also Dragon Age: Inquisition Somehow Game of the Year edition is up on Orangeen for the princely sum for 50 notes (that's pounds to you lot). Soooooo Battlefront Gamenight tomorrow night? I mean we don't play Steam games in here.

Would be cool to get everyone together for a beta. But having to add each other on origin is gonna be the hassle I think.

Arthea

I don't think that's true all the time though. I'm not talking about bundle games, but games that get decent steam sales after about 6-12 months. I'm pretty sure there is no game on Steam that only you two have played, even if there was then you play it, say good things about it on SteamGAF which prompts someone else to buy it and continue the cycle. PC gaming is very well known for having legs and being able to maintain a decent selling pace over time rather than selling a million copies in a day or two. We'll have to agree to disagree though.

you would be surprised, I once checked month worth of steam games released a year ago (with positive reviews) and they all have been bundled except a few EA games nobody plays, some several times, considering some that I checked have sales in range of 1K, I think you can come to conclusions yourself, I didn't check all, that would be too much even for me.
I don't just talk, you know, I'm somewhat obsessed with statistics and analysis, only tiny little bit, I mean.
(that was a joke about me, I thought it's obvious, I don't nag!)

So this thread is gonna be pretty empty until fallout 4 isn't it? Or are many here getting the witcher 3 DLC?

Nep Nep doesn't approve this post, and you wouldn't want to anger PC godess now, would you?

Dr Dogg

Would be cool to get everyone together for a beta. But having to add each other on origin is gonna be the hassle I think.

Hahaha oh woe is us! Shouldn't be too much hassle I think unless there's like 50 of us and I don't expect that many. Plus Origin has private user created chatrooms unlike that awful Steam when you have to join a group chat at least.

Arthea

I'll ask again, how do you guys now that Amazon Transformers come with a steam key?

Divinia Chronicles: Relics of Gan-Ti[/URL]

I know this request will annoy the hell out of you
could you kindly add (EA) to a game name when it's in EA, pretty please?

AHA-Lambda

Do you need a physical version? It's only £31.99 on the actual Steam store. Or am I missing something here?

I'd rather get the £18 obviously cos it's way cheaper.

But I can't tell why Amazon has the same product up twice at two different prices and only the expensive one has a date attached :/

Hektor

I'd rather get the £18 obviously cos it's way cheaper.

But I can't tell why Amazon has the same product up twice at two different prices and only the expensive one has a date attached :/

If its like on german amazon, the expensive one is a Steamkey delivered digitally on 9. oct. and the cheap one is the physical retail releasing 13. november.

P1Vp0nb.png

I'll ask again, how do you guys now that Amazon Transformers come with a steam key?

The retail version is coming with a key for additional dlc, if its not for steam, what else would it be for?

AHA-Lambda

If its like on german amazon, the expensive one is a Steamkey delivered digitally on 9. oct. and the cheap one is the physical retail releasing 13. november.

P1Vp0nb.png

The retail version is coming with a key for additional dlc, if its not for steam, what else would it be for?

Cool, well given the big price difference I can wait a month :)

Arthea

If its like on german amazon, the expensive one is a Steamkey delivered digitally on 9. oct. and the cheap one is the physical retail releasing in november.

http://i.imgur.com/P1Vp0nb.png[/IMG

The retail version is coming with a key for additional dlc, if its not for steam, what else would it be for?[/QUOTE]

so I was right, cheap one (physical) is not a steam key, dlc has nothing to do with it, it can be just a regular install, or you have reasons to think it's a steam key?

edited: if that's the case it's taking steam tax to heights never seen before, if not, it's taking digital tax there.

[quote="YianGaruga, post: 180965472"]They're offering a pre-order DLC code. Where are you going to redeem it if not on Steam?[/QUOTE]

do they say it's a [I]steam [/I]code?

so I was right, cheap one (physical) is not a steam key, dlc has nothing to do with it, it can be just a regular install, or you have reasons to think it's a steam key?

They're offering a pre-order DLC code. Where are you going to redeem it if not on Steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom