• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Guns & Robots : Witch's Hat (In-game) -- MB-786D538F8478DFCC - Taken by crazyrabbits

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if its a capacitor problem.

that would mean "buy new monitor" right?

Is that with your PC?

Can you test it would with a console?

Perhaps you turned on dynamic contrast?

It's PC. Sadly there's no HDMI input, only DVI, so would be hard to connect consoles. But Dynamic Contrast is off.

Got the grapling hook armour on XCOM EU, my snipers now are deadly invisible machines :D

Finished a very difficult mission with no soldier getting any damage.

RS4-

that would mean "buy new monitor" right?

It's PC. Sadly there's no HDMI input, only DVI, so would be hard to connect consoles. But Dynamic Contrast is off.

When my syncmaster was having issues, would power up, but no image, and have buzzing issues until it actually worked; but sometimes it took 15 mins, sometimes it took a lot longer. But I had Samsung attempt to repair it, took 3 times. Once it had the same issues, the other times it was just screwed up colors.

So I just ended up selling the thing.

Look for a dvi to hdmi cable. Maybe even your local dollar store would have some.

zkylon

zkylewd
Got the grapling hook armour on XCOM EU, my snipers now are deadly invisible machines :D

you're making me wanna play xcom eu again

i forgot what it was that you lost for skipping tutorial but i remember it annoying me out of playing the game for some reason

Strazyplus

you're making me wanna play xcom eu again

i forgot what it was that you lost for skipping tutorial but i remember it annoying me out of playing the game for some reason

I just got XCOM EU and plan to buy the EW DLC soon looks like a good game!

I think the last patch (or Nvidia driver( fucked up Alien Isolation.
Never had a crash while I completed it, yesterday I booted the game to show it to a friend, the game crashed my whole PC, I need to do a manuale restart. And this NEVER happened before with ANY game at all.
I've already posted about it twice, just roll back to 344.11, then you'll be fine.

I think the last patch (or Nvidia driver( fucked up Alien Isolation.
Never had a crash while I completed it, yesterday I booted the game to show it to a friend, the game crashed my whole PC, I need to do a manuale restart. And this NEVER happened before with ANY game at all.

It crashed to me the other day after killing a dude with a wrench, but I haven't applied the newest nvidia drivers yet, so I doubt it's the drivers fault only, there might be a game bug too.

zkylon

zkylewd
going on a short, well deserved vacation for the weekend

have fun guys and girls!

unfortunately gonna miss all the extra life stuff :/

The-Bean

I should know better - 200 hours of Civ V and I was stupid enough to try out the BE demo. Must resist. Must wait for holiday sale.

Is Wreckfest region locked? if not what's the cheapest traders are offering it for?

I seem to remember the game was pretty light on content when it hit early access. Does anyone know if they've made significant progress and added more stuff to do in the game?

Asgaro

Someone played Dream?
Is it good?

I am wondering the same...

Of all the games currently discounted on GMG, this is the only one in my wishlist it seems since isthereanydeal sent me an email.
But I'm not yet sure its worth it.
Watching some gameplay on YT at the moment. Sadly not many recent Steam reviews to be found.

dani_dc

I should know better - 200 hours of Civ V and I was stupid enough to try out the BE demo. Must resist. Must wait for holiday sale.
Isn't it 30% off in GMG in the VIP section?

Doubt it will be much cheaper (if cheaper at all) during the holidays sale.

Braag

Any reason why the FFXIII cards are going at such high prices compared to most other cards... there are around 300 of each card on the market and they're all over 0.30€

Compared to for example The Evil Within which has less than 200 of each card on the market and most are less than 0.20€

I guess people are just cashing in on the FFXIII fans :p I mean the foil cards are going at 4€ :D

yatesl

Woke up to a $3 foil for Dustforce. Sold in minutes. I'll never understand foil buyers, but I love 'em.

I was tempted to buy all the Spelunky foils a couple of days ago. I've already crafted the normal badge twice...

No others, though (well, aside from events... And Ittle Dew...)

Braag

Is there a higher chance for foil drops the higher level you are on Steam?

For booster packs yes but not sure about foil drops, it all comes down to luck I think. I'm at lv.34 and seen only 1 foil drop so far. I generally have a shitty luck though.

Haunted

after a small food break im back, now Im going to stream some The Forest for extra life, come watch if you're bored :)

dont forget you can donate to extra life here, let's see if we get those $200 for the Mordor raffle :)
Speaking of The Forest, did get that ever get a satisfying conclusion/endgame?

I really liked what I saw from its inventory management and general gameplay, but I feel like a story with such a strong beginning setup should also have some sort of art I can complete (the first alpha builds they released on early access were open-ended iirc).

Haunted

Any reason why the FFXIII cards are going at such high prices compared to most other cards... there are around 300 of each card on the market and they're all over 0.30€

Compared to for example The Evil Within which has less than 200 of each card on the market and most are less than 0.20€

I guess people are just cashing in on the FFXIII fans :p I mean the foil cards are going at 4€ :D
I suppose it makes sense that FFXIII fans aren't the sharpest tools in the shed...

yuraya

Lightning is a very popular girl :p

and done
n1ZqbjK.png

Pretty darn fun overall. Game really shines on the second playthrough.

Congrats, but posting the game name usually helps.

Asgaro

Same. I had both Dream and Mind Path of Thalamus in my wishlist, bot get a massive discount but I removed them from my wish, there's something with those game, I'm not convinced at all, so I prefer remove them then waste my money only to discover that my doubt was legit.

Dream has a nice art, but on community hub there are a lot of bug reports thread.

Yeah, I bought Mind Path of Thalamus via that recent bundle (of which I don't remember the name). I first researched it a bit and think I'll like it. (haven't played it yet btw)
I've seen some negative reviews, but it's that I'm fine with "walking simulators" from time to time. For example: I liked Gone Home for what it is. I didn't feel ripped off like so many other gamers did.

I'm honestly also now looking more towards buying Dream as well... going by the YT gameplay i'm now watching.
The development seems not abandoned since they still release patches each month.
But if you aren't sure: their store page says the game will be finished in Q4 2014 so you could wait a few more months and then make a decision.

(And I won't be playing Dream anytime soon though: games that support the Oculus Rift get put on the backlog, to play them when the Oculus Rift consumer version gets released. :) )

Edit: gonna wait it out till the game is out of Early Access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom