• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
mpx4qpu2off.gif

what

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
How does this compare to Strange Journey?

SJ really made me miserable with the damn difficulty spike.

I haven't played SJ (yes, it's another game in my backlog :/), but IV is pretty easy if you've played any SMT game before. You can still get killed in one turn if you aren't well prepared, but you can save anywhere and take precautions against that, so that really shouldn't be a problem unless you're new to the franchise. The early portions of the game are much more difficult than the later portions of the game, unless you 1) fight some extra bosses in challenge quests (like franchise staple Beelzebub) or 2) actually buy the DLC involving the ultimate bosses that you can fight towards the end of the game.

So essentially, it's a good entry point for people, but still challenging if you go on the neutral route and do the extra sidequests in that route.

People are going to say 3d land let me just go against the flock and say no to that one. I don't mind easy games(and Mario has never been a challenging series) but my god that game is so easy its a snorefest. The special worlds is just Mario's regular difficulty IMO.

3D Land just felt really bland to me. Easily my least favorite of the 3D Mario games, but it's still decent.

Big Huge Games, the developer of action role-playing game Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Rise of Nations, has been revived.

db8RTEJ.gif

It's developing a new free-to-download strategy game called DomiNations for mobile devices including iPhone, iPad and Android, set for release in 2015.

Iad8dkB.gif

Ghostbusters is a hidden weeklong, 70% off

I remember playing it when it came out and thinking that it was duller than I expected it to be. I'm still sort of tempted to buy it, but I'll just wait and see what will be in the Halloween sale first.

Humble BOO bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Claire

Claire in tier 1? That's pretty awesome. I would've expected Terrortown to have been in that tier since it's base price is cheaper, but I'm not complaining.

Claire sounds pretty good from Dusk Golem's impressions.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=546012

I was pretty much sold on getting the game after reading that back then. Still glad that I waited, though.

Mobile games.

Mobile games everywhere.

also

PxmvhTX.png

HOLY SHIT GIVE IT TO ME NOW

JyMkAGa.gif

Dr Dogg

Knowing SteamGAF, we'll buy any JRPG that come to Steam.

Edit: How is Alpha Protocol and Claire GAF?

Well I own and have finished VC and the DLC but even if it's a gimped, straight console port with no options I'll buy it again as I loved the mesh of turn based and real time strategic combat and the quirky story and setting.

Alpha Protocol might be a bit janky in places but it has what I feel is the best choice based dialogue system in any game ever. Plus you can give Mike a massive beard, shades and cap that makes him look like Fidel Castro.

yatesl

I don't preload on Steam often, but what's with Lords of the Fallen telling me that it unlocks in 22 hours... despite it being the 28th here in 5 hours? I mean, even if it goes off of European time, it might be 1am or whatever.

I have an early finish from work tomorrow... Might be a VPN job if it's out in America on time, rather than waiting the extra 4 hours or so.

zkylon

zkylewd
modbot said:
instructions for participants:
i am giving away 10 steam keys. to enter this giveaway, send a pm to modbot with any subject line. in the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). confused? watch this gif tutorial or ask for help.

modbot basics:
- this giveaway has a manual blocklist. the giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- i really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (zkylon, not modbot!) via pm instead of in thread.
- do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- if the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. replies may take a minute or two.

rules for this giveaway:
- if you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. you need five or more posts in either the current steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

humble bundle 3 -- MB-EDEFFC0D92C89F5A - Taken by agniswarm
planet stronghold dlc thingie -- MB-D7C4B54745C3978A
planet stronghold -- MB-88D8B5620FF9441E - Taken by electroflame
zafehouse: diaries -- MB-88FDDEF8731F61CB - Taken by nightstorm
cortex command -- MB-44F354D932954C59
more cortex command -- MB-AFD3C6468B5FB8BE - Taken by SSPssp
wtf why do i have so many cortex commands -- MB-B9ABAE20128FD615 - Taken by Maniac
xheRJRF.gif
gish -- MB-811C5507842EAC92
frozenbyte bundle thingie -- MB-5EDD5B085F7052C1 - Taken by crazyrabbits
humble bundle 2 -- MB-C2A8903919041365 - Taken by NightmareTrigger

random stuff i found on my humble bundle thing

maybe i messed up and some of them don't work

Phinor

I don't preload on Steam often, but what's with Lords of the Fallen telling me that it unlocks in 22 hours... despite it being the 28th here in 5 hours? I mean, even if it goes off of European time, it might be 1am or whatever.

I have an early finish from work tomorrow... Might be a VPN job if it's out in America on time, rather than waiting the extra 4 hours or so.

Worldwide release at the same time as far as I know. And at the usual release time when Steam store updates ie. 10AM PST. Smaller/indie/digital only games are very often released at 10AM PST so it's a bit weird but not unheard of that a game like Lords of the Fallen goes for that simultaneous release time.

Well I never got an answer from the developers but retail Lords of the Fallen seems to activate on Steam. Got a copy for half of Steam price and pre-loaded already. Good or bad, at least I'll get to judge it myself.

Phinor

Owners of Spacebase DF-9 get a free copy of Hack 'n' Slash and vice versa.

A free +1 right there!

I'd have preferred the Spacebase DF-9 they originally planned though. It sounded like an interesting game which is why I bought the alpha (on discount) early on although I didn't plan to play before release.

MRORANGE

I honestly thought SteamGaf could not get creepier but time and time again you've manages to shatter that belief, that horse pic is a whole new level of disturbingly depravel - heck we don't even have a new batch of juniors so we can't even put the blame on them.

Tomodachi

Guys, is it safe to preorder Witcher 3 from nuuvem? Never had problems with them but I fear the game might be region locked (in in the EU).

Also, they're offering another 20% off the game if I have both prequels, how does that offer work? Do I send them an email with my steam account? Or maybe it only works if I got the games from them? Thanks.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I honestly thought SteamGaf could not get creepier but time and time again you've manages to shatter that belief, that horse pic is a whole new level of disturbingly depravel - heck we don't even have a new batch of juniors so we can't even put the blame on them.

personally - I blame Canada ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom